Two Hands From The New Orleans Tourney

Nordberg's BlogHere's the hand where he busts Prescott - AP moves in with A9o with an M of 8 and Nordberg calls an all-in with AJs. I don't think that I would have made either move.Right after the break a key hand came up. Allie Prescott moved in for 72k or so with the blinds 3-6k and I looked down at AJs. I had about 200k and after a bit of a think I decided to move in behind. I was fortunate Allie had A9o and I busted him and got up to second in chips I believe.I like this play and the fact that he had "planned on it" for three daysA few hands later came one of my best hands of the tournament. Matt Russell raised to 30k leaving himself about 80k. And Kenny Brown was in the BB with only about 20k or so. This means that I can pressure Matt because someone is about to go broke, and I feel like he will fold all but really good hands. I look down at KJs and decide to re-raise to 100k. George to my left folds, Gavin folds and Kenny goes all in with 77. Matt instantly folds and I flop a jack to bust Kenny. Incidently Matt folded KQ and Gavin folded AJ. As Gavin said I walked on water that hand but it was perfect timing and I had setup that play vs Matt in my mind for three days (having played with him every day).

Here's the hand where he busts Prescott - AP moves in with A9o with an M of 8 and Nordberg calls an all-in with AJs. I don't think that I would have made either move.You wouldn't move in with A9??good luck.

With low M's A9 is usually the cutoff point to push. And most pros will call with A9 or better.I agree, the 2nd hand is a much more interesting hand. It takes a lot of guts. Matt raises to 30k expecting a call from the BB, so coming over the top indicates real strength. I have used that move when the short stack has already moved all in- but to do it in anticipation of the short stack coming in is really creative.