Does Gavin ever play in the high limit cash games. I would assume he dosen't have the BR for the 4k-8k.. but does he play cash games very often ?Lifetime Winnings $2,554,532

I was wondering the same thing. IMO, he plays so many hands that he is better suited against weaker tournament competition in which his edge negates the dismal value of some of his starting hands. Against tougher competition that edge might be to insignificant for him to overcome. Then again, he could tear those games up. I don't know.

On the circuit he has mentioned that he does play cash games regularly but he didn't mention a limit. He also said he plays a completely different style then his tournament style...really tight.

I would not be suprised to see him play the 400-800 limit. A few Bad nights at the 4k-8k could hurt a life time winnings of 2.5 mil . But who's to say he hasn't won another mil or so in the cash games.Daniel must know what limits Gavin can be found at.

On the circuit he has mentioned that he does play cash games regularly but he didn't mention a limit. He also said he plays a completely different style then his tournament style...really tight.
Edog also back Srieh...I wonder what percent he gets?
Well, he's Canada's best tourney player right now, but I'll give Danny boy the advantage in cash games.
i agree..BUT we dn't have Gavin's cash game results to compare!perhaps for the limit he plays he is up more BB than Daniel
why is it that Gavin is the best Canadian player right now. DOn't ya think saying right now with tourney results is kinda weak? Just because of the variance
variance i hate that word !

E-Dog has had some good luck backing players. He backed Gavin at his wpt mirage win. He backed arieh at 2004 wsop. He backed Matusow at 2005 wsop. Why play when you can pick horses like that.

I think he plays nl cash to mess around only. His lifetime winnings are less because he gets backed by e-dog from what ive heard
everything i read about gavin seems to say he is often backed. i don't know by who, what percentage or to what degree or anything, but its probably safe to say he does not take 100% of the winnings. although i guess anything left over is profit since his entry fees are "free."

Gavin said on the the Circuit that he made his living off cash games for 8 years before he started focusing on tournaments. Now he mostly just plays cash games to blow off steam after grinding it out on the tournament circuit.I don't know if he ever said exactly how high he plays, but I think he's talked about hands from the 50-100 NL Holdem games that follow the circuit.

I played with him at fallsview 10-20NL, and he was cleaning up; up about 6k, and no he was not playing tightie. his J7 of diamonds busted QQ and AK one hand for like 3K, to see a flop there i would imagine would be expensive, it was around christmas time, and i could not beleive no one recognized this guy it was insane, i asked a whole bunch of ppl and their like who? cuz i wasnt sure, but pretty sure, and then this guy Chicky said it was him; no one knew this millionaire poker player in a pokerroom that just makes me sick!

In the past he has definitely been backed. Not so sure anymore unless it is just swapping percentages.Also, the guy has a lot of gamble in him. I just got back from N.O. where I was able to watch around an hour of the final table from 4 down to 2.It might have been discussed here b4, but as I said I just got home, he had a Million Dollar prop bet of his $$$ vs. 700K of Allie Prescott's $$$ as to who would win. Payable over 10 years. This was confirmed by many in attendance at the event. It was to win, not last longer and if they ended up heads up it was off.When he made the final 2, I was suprised he didn't take it down. It was fun watching.

In the past he has definitely been backed. Not so sure anymore unless it is just swapping percentages.Also, the guy has a lot of gamble in him. I just got back from N.O. where I was able to watch around an hour of the final table from 4 down to 2.It might have been discussed here b4, but as I said I just got home, he had a Million Dollar prop bet of his $$$ vs. 700K of Allie Prescott's $$$ as to who would win. Payable over 10 years. This was confirmed by many in attendance at the event. It was to win, not last longer and if they ended up heads up it was off.When he made the final 2, I was suprised he didn't take it down. It was fun watching.
backing Gavin might not be a bad thing...can i borrow 10k Gavin ??