percentage of hands you see the flop

Just wondering how often on average everyone sees the flop. I've definetly tightened my game up lately and it is paying off.Depending on the cards I'm getting I'll be anywhere from 10-20%, with a good deal of those from seeing the flop for free in the bb.

I couldn't earn a profit playing only 10-20% of hands. That's basically just your blinds and your attempts to steal blinds... and aces. Maybe you don't try to steal blinds, which isn't a bad plan at small stakes since it only works 1 time out of a googol.Anywho, I think a much better stat than % flops seen is %VP$IP (Voluntarily put dollars into the pot). Since flops seen will always be high at a passive table, while VP$IP stays largely constant. Unfortunately, most poker rooms don't provide this in their stat box, so you have to download poker tracker.

Depends on the price to see the flop.If I can afford to throw cash away (like on the 0.01/0.02 or the 0.05/0.10 tables) I usually see it between 30-50% of the time.At higher stakes, like in 0.10/0.25 NL and 0.50/1.00 Limit (for me anyway), I'll usually see between 15-35% of the flops.Last night I had a pretty good run at the short-handed 0.5/1.00 limit tables, seeing about 35% of the flops and winning about 75% of the showdowns I ran to.

its tough for me to say how many flops i see, cause everyday its something different, just depends on how my table is or what cards im getting..but usually its anywhere from 10-25 percent..ive tightened up ALOT!

I couldn't earn a profit playing only 10-20% of hands. That's basically just your blinds and your attempts to steal blinds... and aces. Maybe you don't try to steal blinds, which isn't a bad plan at small stakes since it only works 1 time out of a googol.Anywho, I think a much better stat than % flops seen is %VP$IP (Voluntarily put dollars into the pot). Since flops seen will always be high at a passive table, while VP$IP stays largely constant. Unfortunately, most poker rooms don't provide this in their stat box, so you have to download poker tracker.
Only aces? Hardly.So you if aren't getting cards for a while, you'll play them anyway? What if we're talking about an agressive sit n go where you aren't getting cards? It doesn't take that long of a bad run of cards to get down to 10 percent.

From a strictly logical standpoint, your statement makes as much sense as me saying "You only play 10-20% of hands? What if you get aces 8 hands in a row at a passive table, will you fold anyway?"I've played less than 10% of hands for spurts, yeah, but we're talking about averages here.

At no limit, I probably see about 30% of flops. More if the table is really loose/passive, less if it's a tighter more aggressive table. Although if it's a tight/aggressive table, I'll usually just change tables. The reason this works is that at the stakes I play at, many no limit players can't get away from hands like top pair. Sometimes you'll even have someone go all in against you with a missed Ace-King after the flop. It's worth it to take the worst of it preflop when you're getting such great implied odds. Especially if the table's passive and nobody raises with a premium hand.At limit I play 6-max tables, so I also have a high %flops seen. If I played 10-man limit I would play much tighter. Although I do think an average of 10% is too tight to be optimal, considering the ginormous number of mistakes other players at my limits make.

From Stars stats for my last 2K hands; not really a long-term analysis, but probably a reasonable indicator of my play.************************************************************ Hold'em (Real Money):1786 hands played and saw flop: - 86 times out of 232 while in small blind (37%) - 182 times out of 234 while in big blind (77%) - 203 times out of 1320 in other positions (15%) - a total of 471 times out of 1786 (26%)************************************************************ Omaha Hi/Lo (Real Money):214 hands played and saw flop: - 21 times out of 28 while in small blind (75%) - 28 times out of 31 while in big blind (90%) - 80 times out of 155 in other positions (51%) - a total of 129 times out of 214 (60%)Clearly I lack the patience to be a winning Omaha Hi/Lo player. Oh well, can't be great at all of them.

According to my stats, I see about 38% of flops (that's over 75,000 hands of primarily NL). I talked to a guy the other day that sees 89%. I'm not quite sure how he makes money playing like that, but he seemed to be doing well when I ran into him.As for Omaha H/L, I feel like I see a lot fewer flops...somewhere in the 15-20% range. I'm not quite sure why.

according to sklansky and his coalition of experts, the perfect number is right around 15% regardless of the game...under extreme circumstances that number will sway perhaps a couple % (full game, obviously its way different shorthanded and what not) whoever it was that said he couldn't make a profit by playing that few of hands is a few things: 1) ignorant about how to play tight/aggressive, or commonly known as winning poker, 2) probably a losing player simply because he's trying to rationalize playing more flops than that as his only way of making a profit. Bottom line, if you have to see more that 20% of flops to make a profit, your not playing right and your not really making a profit...all your doing is gambling more so your variance is more rapid so the days that you do happen to flop top two in a raised pot from middle position with J9 off, you say its because of your good play at having played that hand...Granted, in SOME situations it can be more profitable to see a few more flops, like in an EXTREMELY passive low limit game, one which you can limp with 78s utg with no fear of it being a raised pot and where youre guarenteed multi way action...other than that, tite play is the most profitable absolutely. ps. i meant no offense to the poster from which i was referring. Think of it as constructive criticism no more no less. Also, to his credit, he may have been referring to HIS game which may consistently be a 6max table or something in which case i can understand his assessment of profitability. I apologize if that is the case.

According to my stats, I see about 38% of flops (that's over 75,000 hands of primarily NL). I talked to a guy the other day that sees 89%. I'm not quite sure how he makes money playing like that, but he seemed to be doing well when I ran into him.As for Omaha H/L, I feel like I see a lot fewer flops...somewhere in the 15-20% range. I'm not quite sure why.
89%?That's insane. There is no way you can make money playing 89% of the time.