Pimping Jordan's Blog, In Poker Your Biggest Competition Is You

Was reading some poker blogs, and Jordan's latest entry kinda made me thin, "Yeah. Wow. Never thought of it like that"He was saying how some people play poker for competition, but your biggest opponet is yourself. Good stuff. Here's a link.Jordan's blog

I'm hinking people forget this kind of stuff more often than they remember it. A little reminding can't hurt. It's not like someone's bitching at you to take out the garbage. Besides, it makes for a snappy mantra."I am my own worst enemy. I am my own worst enemy" stuff like that...

I agree with his thought that poker is meant to play live - soo many advantages playing online, more hands played & now especially with the no rake site - but in the back of my head , I want to get better so I can play better live ... many times I think multitablers are missing this / missing the playing your opponent part of poker .- Regarding competing with yourself :I heard a great interview with Freddy Deeb , He said An O.K. / Average player can make alot of money if they do 6 or 7 things the right way, you can be the greatest player & not do things right and you'll never make any money - (thought it was interesting that of the things he mentions none of them are about how to play such and such hand , or what to do w/ TpTk ) - they were :1. Play when you feel good 2. Don't play mad3. Don't play tired4. No drinking and playing 5. You can't be a poker player and a soccer player ( guess he means you need to dedicate your time to poker if you want to win ) 6. Can't play over your bank roll7. Manage your losses - there are some days when things are not comin' no matter what you do. You can't push it 8. Take a profit, don't be greedy I'm sure #9 is one of his "LIVE , tips " "wear loud shirts, it distracts your opponents " - but then that doesn't matter for us on line, does it ...

I'm sure #9 is one of his "LIVE , tips " "wear loud shirts, it distracts your opponents " - but then that doesn't matter for us on line, does it ...
yea, i heard that interview, on the circuit. it was quality. hes THE man.