Flopped A Set On An All Club Board

Let me preempt this by saying that Villian recently called an all in by me on the flop when I had QQ and he had j9o. Board was 9 x x j 9. Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($46.50)UTG ($62.93)UTG+1 ($70.74)MP1 ($61.35)MP2 ($190.07)CO ($50.90)Button ($66.33)SB ($7.88)Preflop: Hero is BB with 3spade.gif, 3heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, 1 fold, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.Flop: ($2.50) 5club.gif, 3club.gif, Kclub.gif(5 players)SB checks, Hero bets $2, UTG+1 folds, MP2 raises to $30, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls $44 (All-In), MP2 calls $16.Turn: ($94.50) Jheart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($94.50) 9club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $94.50

Normally I would fold after the big flop reraise, however with your read it seems he likely could be making this move with the lone Ace of clubs or worse. I think I push, however I expect this to be a somewhat marginal situation since huge flop raises like this scream a low flopped flush to me. Does anyone check this flop? I usually go this route when their are this many people in the pot and hope for a cheap pair of the board on the turn or river. People love slow playing flopped flushes and absolutely cannot get away from them despite what the board looks like. Easy way to stack up in my mind.

what excat;y are you asking?
The usual. Range of Hands for villian. How you would have played it differently. Whether you would have folded to the raise. Stuff like that.
Normally I would fold after the big flop reraise, however with your read it seems he likely could be making this move with the lone Ace of clubs or worse. I think I push, however I expect this to be a somewhat marginal situation since huge flop raises like this scream a low flopped flush to me. Does anyone check this flop? I usually go this route when their are this many people in the pot and hope for a cheap pair of the board on the turn or river. People love slow playing flopped flushes and absolutely cannot get away from them despite what the board looks like. Easy way to stack up in my mind.
sounds like good advice. I'll wait for a few more responses before letting you know what villian had.

Looks fine to me...I really would hesitate to checking the flop, but if I did, I would c/r push and really put someone to the test with the lone A :club: ...But last thing I want to do is check and have a passive table check around, altough I probably don't see that happening with this type of board..River sucks a fat one,Sorry you went broke, but w/ that read on villain, I woulda done the same

At those stakes, I'll pay off the flopped flush every time because more often than not you can get the naked A :club: all-in. *sometimes* they might even have a pair. And on the off-chance that you run into the flopped flush, you have quite a few outs and win about 30% of the time.80% of the time you have about 70% equity when a player is willing to go all in on the flop. 20% of the time you are behind with 30% equity against a player willing to go all in on the flop.

This situation always comes up. Usually if you're ahead, you're about 2/1 and if you're behind you're 2/1. so if the villian has it 50% of the time, pushing is a break even scenario. About two weeks ago I made a mathematical argument for calling down and folding to a 4th flush card being +EV. It sounds very weak, as it does to me. However, it seems more intelligent than just pushing and praying. With hero having 40 behind him here tho, it makes no difference. It's a call.

Although I do agree w/ Scott that the small amount the hero has definitely can justify the play, i hate it.We have soooooooooo little invested in a pot w/ 5 players in the pot I'd say this is a flopped flush with that ridiculous bet for sure and if it is we're about a 70-30 dog here. FOLD to reraise

This situation always comes up. Usually if you're ahead, you're about 2/1 and if you're behind you're 2/1. so if the villian has it 50% of the time, pushing is a break even scenario.Only if they never, ever, fold.good luck.

This situation always comes up. Usually if you're ahead, you're about 2/1 and if you're behind you're 2/1. so if the villian has it 50% of the time, pushing is a break even scenario.Only if they never, ever, fold.good luck.
Any advice on the hand Smash? I'm guessing you think I should have folded?
True, but a lot of times the action will make it right for the ace to call a push on the flop.