I was wondering where you have found the ability to keep online tables together. I'm getting back into 6max again where I am playing much closer to your style (taking away some of the preflop passiveness). Problem I'm runnining into is if I pull a maniac type semibluff or air bluff and don't catch up. Well that's ok cause I've done some advertising, but more times than not, I will get a hit and run. (3/3 today). I've seen you advocate dropping a buy in early just for some advertising, but I just can't seem to hold a table together to make it worthwhile.

I don't think Smash is going to teach you how to keep a table together...However, I wouldn't advocate 'dropping' a buy in to advertise later. At least, not a full one.You can get the advertising done enough by simply being very aggressive and showing a few bluffs without putting your entire stack at risk, if that's the image you are going for.My thoughts, at least....tables break when they break, not really a thing anyone of us can control, unless we are the target and everyone is playing until we leave.:club:- Jordan

I don't think Smash is going to teach you how to keep a table together...However, I wouldn't advocate 'dropping' a buy in to advertise later. At least, not a full one.You can get the advertising done enough by simply being very aggressive and showing a few bluffs without putting your entire stack at risk, if that's the image you are going for.My thoughts, at least....tables break when they break, not really a thing anyone of us can control, unless we are the target and everyone is playing until we leave.:club:- Jordan
Yeah, i wrote my OP completely different than what i was thinking. I meant more, what type of limits or site can you find this? I know Smash mentioned it in a thread a few days ago. As far as dropping a buy-in. I'm not doing it soley to advertise... I'm just playing more aggressively and running a lot of all-in semi bluffs and air bluffs. Good or bad... not really sure.... I agree tho that you can accomplish getting the image most of the time by just being aggressive PF and flop which is usually cheap. But once I get the guy who wants to play back at me on the table w/ marginal hands, I'll play back at him a lot with nothing. When I get looked up... I hope for my bluff to pay off later. It just sucks when they take my money and run.
I was wondering where you have found the ability to keep online tables together. I'm getting back into 6max again where I am playing much closer to your style (taking away some of the preflop passiveness). Problem I'm runnining into is if I pull a maniac type semibluff or air bluff and don't catch up. Well that's ok cause I've done some advertising, but more times than not, I will get a hit and run. (3/3 today). I've seen you advocate dropping a buy in early just for some advertising, but I just can't seem to hold a table together to make it worthwhile.
Rubber cement
Duct Tape > Rubber Cement.Dropping a buy-in can be very profitable. Do it on a draw so you at least have a chance at doubling up.
They're always on draws online. Live sometimes it's air. I'm not gonna lie.
They're always on draws online. Live sometimes it's air. I'm not gonna lie.
I hear you there. I bluff with air a lot more live than online because the reads are obviously better and there's a higher percentage of passive players.i.e. opponent holds KK and the flop comes down A55, 95% of live players are going to fold KK to a raise on the flop. I raised here with 69 hearts (no heart on the flop) in a live game because I had my opponent pegged on pocket pair.Position in Live Game >>>>>>> Position in Online Game
I don't think it's that hard to spot the ratholers. They sit with 70% of the max buy-in blinding away. If you double one of these guys up, they're gone. You want someone who appears aggressive and sees a lot of flops. Lose 50% of your stack on a draw to him (or better yet suckout) and he'll give you 3 buyins in 25 minutes. Seriously.

I've seen you advocate dropping a buy in early just for some advertising, but I just can't seem to hold a table together to make it worthwhile.You've seen me advocate dropping a buy in or more to gamble towards having a 400BB stack as quickly as possible. Hit and runs don't really bother me. Shortstacked ratholers bother me, which would be why I don't play NL on party anymore.Also, I don't play a lot of 6-max. I do end up playing a lot of shorthanded at full tables where people just get sick of playing me.good luck.

what is this term "ratholers" you speak of?
People who buy in for the minnimum, win a hand, leave, and then immediately return and rebuy for the minnimum. Most sites don't allow you to rebuy for less than you left with, but party does. Because of this, you can exploit a relatively simple shortstack arbitrage theory and negate most of the advantage of being able to apply pressure with a larger stack. I'm surprised more people don't do it realy, but enough do to make it not worth my time to play there even with all the benefits.good luck.
People who buy in for the minnimum, win a hand, leave, and then immediately return and rebuy for the minnimum. Most sites don't allow you to rebuy for less than you left with, but party does. Because of this, you can exploit a relatively simple shortstack arbitrage theory and negate most of the advantage of being able to apply pressure with a larger stack. I'm surprised more people don't do it realy, but enough do to make it not worth my time to play there even with all the benefits.good luck.
thanks, that makes sense. I play exclusively on FCP and as far as I know FCP does not allow this either.
As of about a month ago BoDog allowed it as well.Really? I wonder if it's a marketing decision or just sheer ignorance on their part.good luck.
To judge the site based off of the worst UI in online poker, my vote is for ignorance.
Smash,Im guessing this started happening a lot after GSIH was released?