Party One Million Guaranteed

Anybody else in this?This is my first major tourney, I won a qualifier tourney to get in. I've never played in a tourney with a buy in larger than $33 before. What should I expect? Are there still a lot of idiots or is everybody really good? Will some of the more advanced moves work?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be playing as well... just play your game... some of the players will be horrible, and some will be solid, like any other tournament.. just play your game and you should do fine.. gl

Anybody else in this?This is my first major tourney, I won a qualifier tourney to get in. I've never played in a tourney with a buy in larger than $33 before. What should I expect? Are there still a lot of idiots or is everybody really good? Will some of the more advanced moves work?
Beware the resteal
Beware the resteal
this, while brief and possibly sarcastic, is very important. resteals are something you don't see too often in smaller tournaments, but they'll be all over the place in the big ones that attract top tier players. also, i'm not sure of the structure for this tournament specifically, but a huge bit of advice is that when you're thinking of limping with a suited connector/small pair type hand early, min raise it instead if the stacks are deep. it's a very easy way to add some deception to your play, because chances are, at least a couple people at your early tables will be more than competent.of course, there will be terrible players, too, and you'll be fighting with the other decent players for their money. don't be afraid to see a lot of flops early in posiition if your table texture gives you huge implied odds.and of course, it'll take some luck to get there, so don't feel bad at all if you don't happen to cash. good luck!
this, while brief and possibly sarcastic, is very important. resteals are something you don't see too often in smaller tournaments, but they'll be all over the place in the big ones that attract top tier players. also, i'm not sure of the structure for this tournament specifically, but a huge bit of advice is that when you're thinking of limping with a suited connector/small pair type hand early, min raise it instead if the stacks are deep. it's a very easy way to add some deception to your play, because chances are, at least a couple people at your early tables will be more than competent.of course, there will be terrible players, too, and you'll be fighting with the other decent players for their money. don't be afraid to see a lot of flops early in posiition if your table texture gives you huge implied odds.and of course, it'll take some luck to get there, so don't feel bad at all if you don't happen to cash. good luck!
Ummm.....really?
Ummm.....really?
well, a standard raise would be better, but if you're not comfortable with that kind of play, a min raise makes it not feel as weird, and generally does the trick just as well.so yes, really.
well, a standard raise would be better, but if you're not comfortable with that kind of play, a min raise makes it not feel as weird, and generally does the trick just as well.so yes, really.
Yeah, it makes it a lot easer to represent a hand when you miss but maybe one overcard comes. Of course it all depends on how many people are in the hand and position and chip stacks and stuff.

First break, 7764 chips...about 1000 above average. I've made a few mistakes...not builiding the pot well enough when I had the best hand. And one time I tried to steal a pot from a short stack and he went all in on me. If I would have played better I'd have a couple thousand more chips...but I think I'm doing ok. Almost everybody is playing very tight and solid.

had 10,000 at 1st break... Stu "thedonator" Patterson and Matt Matros at my table... down to 9k now tho.up to 15k...

Whew...I just doubled up with AA...it was scary though15kMy table is getting a little wild now.Damn...I just missed a chance do double up again. I folded the nut flush pre flop when I was afraid to limp in with A2 suited from middle position. The big stack at the table got a flush but I would have had him beat.

yeah i just got moved away from the table from hell :club:... up to around 17k

God I love JJ.My first suckout. 3 in the pot, I'm last to act post flop. First player checks, 2nd player who was the original raiser pre flop makes what looks like a continuation bet So come over the top, then the first guy goes all in...pretty short stack. Middle guy folds, I have the odds to call so I do...and all in guy has nothing but a straight draw, and he hits it on the river.9000 chip pot I just lost. Down to 11k.

God I love JJ.My first suckout. 3 in the pot, I'm last to act post flop. First player checks, 2nd player who was the original raiser pre flop makes what looks like a continuation bet So come over the top, then the first guy goes all in...pretty short stack. Middle guy folds, I have the odds to call so I do...and all in guy has nothing but a straight draw, and he hits it on the river.9000 chip pot I just lost. Down to 11k.
that sucks.. stay cool and you should be fine... theres a lot of poker to playso sick....** Dealing down cards **Dealt to markysals [ Kc Ac ]Link1996 folds.ebuzz folds.BDarch folds.orly63 raises [600].Sagacious_1 folds.Chipsngravy folds.markysals raises [2500].DirtyHousewife folds.THE__D__RY folds.Seejay folds.orly63 is all-In [1860]** Dealing Flop ** [ 4h, Jc, 6c ]** Dealing Turn ** [ Jh ]** Dealing River ** [ 9s ]markysals shows [ Kc, Ac ] a pair of jacks.orly63 shows [ Ks, Js ] three of a kind, jacks.markysals wins 40 chips from side pot #1 with a pair of jacks.orly63 wins 5370 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, jacks.

JUST SOME SICK *** ****.. IM OUT GL ALL... LOOK AT HOW SICKENING THIS HH IS... FLOP 3RD NUTS WITH FLUSH DRAW...***** Hand History for Game 4376442613 *****NL Texas Hold'em Trny:24148340 Level:6 Blinds(200/400) - Saturday, May 27, 18:17:24 ET 2006Table Million Dollar Guaranteed(673472) Table #19 (Real Money)Seat 8 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10 Seat 1: THE__D__RY ( $1654 )Seat 2: Seejay ( $8976 )Seat 3: Link1996 ( $11578 )Seat 4: ebuzz ( $29149 )Seat 5: BDarch ( $3260 )Seat 7: Sagacious_1 ( $11108 )Seat 8: Chipsngravy ( $7786 )Seat 9: markysals ( $18302 )Seat 10: DirtyHousewife ( $14470 )Seat 6: orly63 ( $2345 )Trny:24148340 Level:6Blinds(200/400)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to markysals [ 6c 5c ]THE__D__RY folds.Seejay folds.Link1996 folds.ebuzz raises [1000].BDarch folds.orly63 folds.Sagacious_1 folds.Chipsngravy folds.markysals calls [800].DirtyHousewife folds.** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, 8h, 7c ]markysals checks.ebuzz bets [3725].markysals raises [7450].ebuzz is all-In [24424]markysals is all-In [9852]** Dealing Turn ** [ 5s ]** Dealing River ** [ 7d ]markysals shows [ 6c, 5c ] a straight, five to nine.ebuzz shows [ Td, Jd ] a straight, seven to jack.ebuzz wins 10847 chips from side pot #1 with a straight, seven to jack.ebuzz wins 37004 chips from the main pot with a straight, seven to jack.Player markysals finished in 704 place

story of the ****ing week right there... coolered all the damn time... ughhh im so ****ing steamed up right now...

story of the ****ing week right there... coolered all the damn time... ughhh im so ****ing steamed up right now...
I hope you're not playing on tilt. You really did suffer some sick beats, but for the most part you were dominating the tables.