i'm pretty sure there are lots of pros that have issues with annie duke...don't know what book it was in, maybe one of a king or maybe the professor banker and suicide king but there's a story of annie duke playing a 1k wsop sng or something and actually reaching over and turning over someone's mucked cards because they said they had aces and she "wanted to make sure he was telling the truth."

i'm pretty sure there are lots of pros that have issues with annie duke...don't know what book it was in, maybe one of a king or maybe the professor banker and suicide king but there's a story of annie duke playing a 1k wsop sng or something and actually reaching over and turning over someone's mucked cards because they said they had aces and she "wanted to make sure he was telling the truth."
I'd backhand her if it were me. but that's me

i'm bored!!! This post is really not related but:I had a guy send me a message on Myspace a couple of days ago claiming to be Annie Dukes and Howard's step brother. I really didn't believe him, but he's insisted that he is and says he'll introduce me to them when i'm in Vegas in July.We'll see

Positively 5th Street by Jim McManus. Great book.
I read this and was wondering what the "very public feud" was about.http://www.pokerlistings.com/poker-hand-of...nt-of-champions
Go into google groups, find RGP (rec.gambling.poker http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gamblin...r?lnk=li&hl=en) , and search using their two last names. I'd post links, but considering the subject, I'd rather not. Enough stuff should come up from the search. A search for 'negreanu lederer letter' turns up Howard's take on things.
Go into google groups, find RGP (rec.gambling.poker http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gamblin...r?lnk=li&hl=en) , and search using their two last names. I'd post links, but considering the subject, I'd rather not. Enough stuff should come up from the search. A search for 'negreanu lederer letter' turns up Howard's take on things.
sorry to be a nit, but i searched both "negreanu duke" and "duke negreanu" and didn't find the original confrontation... i found lederer's letter to dn, but i didn't see what caused the letter... would it be possible to pm me the link or anything, i'm always interested to read about the dynamics of the professional poker world
http://recpoker.com/search.php?group_id=1negreanu duke in the search box with no quotes.Best post that is returned with that search:god good, it's 3 years old.they've moved on.how about we do too
sorry to be a nit, but i searched both "negreanu duke" and "duke negreanu" and didn't find the original confrontation... i found lederer's letter to dn, but i didn't see what caused the letter... would it be possible to pm me the link or anything, i'm always interested to read about the dynamics of the professional poker world
Heh...Took me awhile to find the original thread, or what I think was the original thread. It was a whole ordeal on RGP, with people reporting anytime DN said anything in chat on Stars, etc. Quite a mess...Anyway, search for 'annie duke anecdotes'.