As some of you may know I suck at HU, but I am trying my best to improve my game. But here is an interesting hand I just played. I want to know if this was the right play or not (even after my reasoning)PokerStars Game #5055148714: Tournament #25386357, $5.00+$0.25 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2006/05/26 - 01:45:16 (ET)Table '25386357 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: Aquatic Cat (1620 in chips) Seat 2: Kuge (1380 in chips) Kuge: posts small blind 10Aquatic Cat: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Kuge [3c Td]Kuge: raises 40 to 60Aquatic Cat: raises 40 to 100Kuge: calls 40*** FLOP *** [4h Tc 2s]Aquatic Cat: bets 140Kuge: calls 140 (I got top pair at this point, chances are he has A high, maybe AK or AQ because of the reraise pf)*** TURN *** [4h Tc 2s] [Jc]Aquatic Cat: bets 300Kuge: calls 300 (I called here because this seems like a very strong bet as if he wanted me out of the pot then and there, he may have hit the J, but if he did, I wouldn't have thought he bet so much on turn)*** RIVER *** [4h Tc 2s Jc] [5s]Aquatic Cat: bets 760Kuge: calls 760 (NOTE: this bet would've only left me with 80 chips. Anyway, with such a strange bet instead of forcing me all-in, I am pretty sure at this point he either had A high or a weak pair, but either way, I am pretty sure I had him beat, but not completely sure)*** SHOW DOWN *** (highlight to see)Aquatic Cat: shows [Kh Qc] (high card King)Kuge: shows [3c Td] (a pair of Tens)Kuge collected 2600 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2600 | Rake 0 Board [4h Tc 2s Jc 5s]Seat 1: Aquatic Cat (big blind) showed [Kh Qc] and lost with high card KingSeat 2: Kuge (button) (small blind) showed [3c Td] and won (2600) with a pair of Tens

*** FLOP *** [4h Tc 2s]Aquatic Cat: bets 140Kuge: calls 140 (I got top pair at this point, chances are he has A high, maybe AK or AQ because of the reraise pf) If you think you're a head you need to raise here. By calling the flop and the turn you learn absolutely nothing about his hand. What do you fold to on the river? Just an Ace? What about if a 9 hits? Simply calling the flop allows Villian to draw out on you at a price he dictates.

you played this hand way too passively. dont play nl cash games HU. in sng you'll be able to get away with this for a little bit cause your opponent won't be able to reload, but in a cash game you'll eventually get picked apart.flop/turn you need to be raising.- Jordan