Million Dollar Parlay  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Million Dollar Parlay

• Play the tournament
    • Sell the seat

You do understand that the value of having 1 mill in liquid assets is ridiculous right?
If you win a million dollar tournament, you would end up with about $650K in your pocket after taxes. (Of course, if you are a gambler, you may decide that $350K is worth the risk of jail time. Talk to Richard Hatch about that.)Now, $650K is more than most people will make in their life playing poker, but if anyone is under the illusion that winning a million means quitting your job and a life of luxury is mistaken.I think the best idea was to sell the seat at a discount and take a cut if the guy wins.

Hmm let's see.Option 1: take a million bucksOption 2: have a heart attack during the final hand, and when I win, have a heart attack and be too close to death to enjoy itI'll take option 1

This has to do with utility. Degenerate gamblers and millionaires (this includes expert players) would probably play. They either love the action too much, don't care about the money, have an edge so that their seat is worth more than 1 mil, or some combo of the above.Average joes would probably take the million because having 1 million would make such a huge difference in their lives that it's not worth risking it for a 1/10 chance at 10 million even though the ev is the same.I would take the million.

Considering your competition would likely be 9 of the best players in the world and you, being Average Monkey X, would be something like 50:1 to win, there really would be no decision to make unless you hate mobney.