Million Dollar Parlay  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Million Dollar Parlay

• Play the tournament
    • Sell the seat

Ok I got this from cardplayer.com but I wanna see how FCPers vote.Say you parlay yourself into a Million dollar buy in winner take all tournament, would you sell the seat or test your luck and try winning the tournament? Since cardplayer.com wasnt specific lets say this is a 10 person STT. Winner recieves 10Mil.

Obviously the response depends on your current financial situation. This a takeoff on an old economics theory (Econ majors/grads help me out here). I believe it is diminishing returns. For someone with $10 mil. already the extra million they gain by selling the seat does not have the same value as the person whose net worth is $10k. The million dollars would change my life and therefore selling the seat becomes an easy choice. If I were DN for example and already a millionarie then the decision to play becomes much more realistic. This post is all over the place but you get the idea.

stupid question for the average poker player, sell the seat and take teh money because in a winner take all tourney you will find mostly pros and you will hvae to get insanely lucky to win

I voted the same as I voted on cardplayer.Sell it at a discount. Then go get some Dom P and 3 or 4 Strippers.And go watch the final table with the best hangover you've ever had.

Obviously the response depends on your current financial situation. This a takeoff on an old economics theory (Econ majors/grads help me out here). I believe it is diminishing returns. For someone with $10 mil. already the extra million they gain by selling the seat does not have the same value as the person whose net worth is $10k. The million dollars would change my life and therefore selling the seat becomes an easy choice. If I were DN for example and already a millionarie then the decision to play becomes much more realistic. This post is all over the place but you get the idea.
I dont think you need to be an econ major to tell you that a person with a 10K bankroll would sell the seat.

I'd play, because I'm sick. Plus, $1 million isn't that much these days.

one of the easiest decisions I would ever make.. sell it immediately.
I would sell the seat, not because I could do better things with the money but I couldn't play the tourney with my g/f's foot in my *** for not taking the million.
I would sell the seat, not because I could do better things with the money but I couldn't play the tourney with my g/f's foot in my *** for not taking the million.
I'll second that vote!
At what point do you think the majority would elect to play? $10,000? $1000?
I was wondering the same thing. Where would you guys stop? I wouldn't play a $10 million tournament. $10,000,000?$1,000,000?$100,000?$10,000?$1,000?$100?$10?$1?$.10?$.01?