Steve7stud & 3 New Poker Students

I'd like to make at least $50,000 by February of '06.
I did not realize time travel would be included as part of the mentoring. In that case, I'm definitely in.And I can cook better than Jordan.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as long as I don't blow through the bankroll i got now, I'll get ahold of you in a week or so and see if it's still a possiblity.
Dave you crack me up. You've actually seen me play and railed me as well which was fun. Anyway, let me know how you're doin.

Steve, are you trying to 'tutor' anyone? Or people that are trying to play cards for a living?If I was looking to play cards for a living I'd probably look for a tutor, but since I'm not, I don't see a point. I wouldn't mind speaking though with someone who knows a whole lot more than I about the different ....bleh can't put it in words....Anyways, good luck with that. I'm just kinda curious as to what you are looking 'for'? - Jordan

What limits you play?10/20 6-max and $100-$500 MTTs and SngsWhy you think you need training?Because I feel that it would be great to have some help taking my game to that next level where I don't need a huge cardrush to get deep in an MTT, to learn how to accumulate chips without donking them off like an idiotWhat your goals are?Win about 20-30k this summer, and keep growing my bankroll so that I can turn this into a career after college.For obvious reasons, I play online only right now, but will start live play in a year or so. This is something that I think I have a talent for, but I need to refine that talent, because I'll admit I still have a lot of room to improve.

Steve, before I waste your time by sending you a lengthy PM, I would like to ask you a few questions:I know (or at least I think from reading your posts) that you are a really nice guy, so this question isn't meant to be mean or rude, so please don't take it that way, but what are your reasons for wanting to do this? It seems like a very time consuming gesture, especially if nothing is in it for you..Also, are you looking for 3 different kinds of players, or are you looking for 3 players who are all in the same boat? For example, are you looking primarily for onliners as opposed to live-gamers? Are you looking to teach tournament strategy rather than ring game strategy? Are you looking only for players wanting to leap into playing full time? Hopefully you can answer these questions, and again I'm sorry if the first one is rude.. it's definately not meant to be. If you want to check out my goals, and limits I play, please check out my blog in my signature. Thanks

Steve,What types of students are you looking for? What do you expect your students to get from your coaching and vice versa?What are you looking to coach and what is your coaching style?

What limits you play?10/20 6-max and $100-$500 MTTs and SngsWhy you think you need training?Because I feel that it would be great to have some help taking my game to that next level where I don't need a huge cardrush to get deep in an MTT, to learn how to accumulate chips without donking them off like an idiotWhat your goals are?Win about 20-30k this summer, and keep growing my bankroll so that I can turn this into a career after college.For obvious reasons, I play online only right now, but will start live play in a year or so. This is something that I think I have a talent for, but I need to refine that talent, because I'll admit I still have a lot of room to improve.
Zimmer send me a pm.
Dont see anywhres that my PM went through...just wondering...thanks again
I got it.I've been reading a ton of e-mail, so this is taking quite some time. I have to run for a few hours, but I will be back later today. Please be patient. Thanks.Steve

You should pick me and Wandigo. Not only because our clash of styles, but because we live so close to each other our "lessions" would be smoother. A whole lot more of a "team" feel as well as a ton of communication. Think about it - when are we going to be able to get a mentor living in ohio? B)

Hey Steve,I never expected you to do something like this. I was in the chat on FCP when you revealed you were JC's coach, I think? lol I remember thinking that you would then be flooded with emails from players asking you to coach them. I was playing in quite a few tournies that JC was playing in, but was seriously struggling with my game in the higher buy-in tournies. I'll send you a PM today and would love to talk to you about your proposal. I think it's great that you are putting yourself out here to help a few of us take our games to the next level. You've been a great contributor to FCP and I truly appreciate your posts.

Sent you a PM man, hope you get a chance to read it, looks like I'm one of the last ones to get this message, been away for a few days! Anyhow, read it if you get a chance I would love to know a bit more!Rob

i think that there should be a prop bet on when Steve's PM box gets filled. THe boxes can handle 120 PMs
I've got a better one. Anybody think that Gracie will win tomorrow night against Hughes? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry)
I've got a better one. Anybody think that Gracie will win tomorrow night against Hughes? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry)
I hope Gracie wins, does that count? I wish I had PPV...
only if I'm getting a gracie +300 line would I make that bet
No way. I'd put my money where my mouth is, but why the heck doesn't Bodog have a line for it?

Been waiting for this PPV for a long time cant wait.....tough one to call but im rooting for royce. Hughes will make one error and royce will submitt him. Lets hope.