Steve7stud & 3 New Poker Students

I ask this with the utmost respect.Who is Steve7Stud and why is he such a big deal?I know about JC but why did JC go to Steve in the first place?Is he a well known pro?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only if I'm getting a gracie +300 line would I make that bet
Yeah I can't see Gracie winning this thing. But then again, I couldn't see Tim Sylvia beating Andre Arlovsky either. Matt Hughes is a HUGE favorite imo.
Yeah I can't see Gracie winning this thing. But then again, I couldn't see Tim Sylvia beating Andre Arlovsky either. Matt Hughes is a HUGE favorite imo.
What time does it start? I need to know about what time to log on to look for a torrent....Any other good fights on the card?
I ask this with the utmost respect.Who is Steve7Stud and why is he such a big deal?I know about JC but why did JC go to Steve in the first place?Is he a well known pro?
From my understanding...Steve is a guy who has been playing professionally for a number of years. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to poker. He has been kind of like the general mentor around here, always offering free advice, and always good advice as well. Obviously JC winning so much helps to validate Steve as a teacher and a mentor, so I guess that's why he's a big deal.
From my understanding...Steve is a guy who has been playing professionally for a number of years. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to poker. He has been kind of like the general mentor around here, always offering free advice, and always good advice as well. Obviously JC winning so much helps to validate Steve as a teacher and a mentor, so I guess that's why he's a big deal.
I think he has a real job actually. Correct me if i'm wrong Steve.
9 out of 10 dentists recommend it.

quick question...that crazy 2 weeks that JC had, when he took down all those tournies and all that money...was that before steve7stud started helping him, or did steve7stud start helping him after?if it was before...what made you pick him as a student?thx.

quick question...that crazy 2 weeks that JC had, when he took down all those tournies and all that money...was that before steve7stud started helping him, or did steve7stud start helping him after?if it was before...what made you pick him as a student?thx.
it was after steve worked with him. Though, the real reason for JC's insane run happened is because he started praying to Jobu. He gave him rum every day and some chicken right before a tourny. Jobu can be very good to you when you treat him right

Steve's protege.........hmmm, has a nice ring to it !What a great opportunity for someone. I have an idea that could help "spread the wealth." You could make your tutorees continue the tradition. Each one of them could be required to tutor 3 other people.Obviously, a lot of people here would jump at the chance to work with you to improve their game. I'm assuming that you are looking for students who have lofty poker goals, people who hope to play in major tournaments and go pro. There are a lot of others of us out here with lesser, but still important goals. I started playing poker to pass the time (and challenge myself to use my brain) while out of work due to an injury. Because of intractable pain, I will not be able to return to work. SSDI payments are not near enough to make up for my lost wages. Playing online can be a great way to supplement my income, but at the low limits I play I cannot generate enough $. Working with someone to improve enough to be able to turn a consistent, modest profit at higher limits would be HUGE. If your students are encouraged to pass along some of their knowledge to some of the rest of us, your teaching and poker knowledge can be shared even more. In addition to being a nurse, I was a SAT tutor. The things I taught as a SAT tutor were covered in books or practice tests that students could have found if the looked hard enough. Many people just respond much better to a one on one personal style teaching. That way there can be an immediate discussion and analysis of the problem at hand. The teacher can explain the rationale for their decision making process. It is the best way to learn for many people. I guess what I'm trying to say is: after one of you future bracelet winners work with Steve, can one of you then work with me ? A little giving back to keep the poker gods appeased :club:

it was after steve worked with him. Though, the real reason for JC's insane run happened is because he started praying to Jobu. He gave him rum every day and some chicken right before a tourny. Jobu can be very good to you when you treat him right
I loved Major League!

Steve,I was just wondering if you were going to let us know when you had chosen your students. No rush at all, just so that those of us who are awaiting a response will know to stop waiting. Thanks,Jesse