0 For 20 (virtually No Content)

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t25/t509 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with ks.pngkc.pngHero raises to t250, 3 folds, MP3 calls t250 (pot was t325), CO folds, Button calls t250 (pot was t575), 2 folds.Flop: 8c.png9s.pngjs.png (t825, 3 players)Hero bets t200, MP3 calls t200 (pot was t1025), Button calls t200 (pot was t1225).Turn: 5s.png (t1425, 3 players)Hero bets t150, MP3 raises to t400, Button calls t400 (pot was t1975), Hero calls t250 (pot was t2375).River: 9c.png (t2625, 3 players)Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.Results:Final pot: t2625I know there's a bad beat forum.Comments on the turn call?good luck.

I'd delete river action for better responses.You're giving up on the flop, apparently.I bet 600 on the flop, and proceed from there. - sometimes I push if these are loose players... but this early...I woudn't have that readAs played, you've reserved some chips and hidden your hand strength, thus I can't fault the turn call.You can call a small-reasonable river bet, I guess..size to call depends on depending on action/card/who bets//you know..In all...I'd like to see more chips in on flop and then slow way down if resistanceit's funny to see you in tourney.go opine on my PLO hand.thanks!

Haven't read reply (Actuary told me not to).Flop bet is too small. You are giving first caller 5-1, and second caller 6-1.I bet 400-600.Turn, I bet more again. So someone may have the flush, we have outs to the second nuts, outs against 2 pair, and we may have the best hand. I really wish you would have bet more on the flop though. I really would like stack sizes to analyze this better as well.Anyways, your call is fine getting 10-1.River, I want to know if you are calling a bet here or not, if so, how big of a bet.That's all I got. I only replied because Actuary told me to. I'm going to read his now.- Zach

I bet more on the flop especially with those draws on that board. I check the turn when the spade hits as with two other players, it's likely one of them is on a flush draw.Turn call is fine as your K might be good if the river brings a spade.

Comments on the turn call?good luck.
Probably fine, but stack sizes would have been useful information.How come you're playing tournaments after all your past negative comments about them?
How come you're playing tournaments after all your past negative comments about them?Boredom.They're still for suckers, don't worry.
That's alright then. I was getting worried about you.
Your flop bet makes no sense - way too small.Really? I don't think so. Why would I bet more into this flop?
You are providing excellent pot odds for hands like inside straight draws, As-x flush draws, top pair weak kicker, etc. hands to very cheaply suck out on you. We weren't provided any stack sizes, so it is very hard to say with any certainty ranges to be betting, but as you played it, it seems completely incorrect. I would much rather have seen you check here and react accordingly based on what happened and from who, than to put that size of bet into the pot...

No problem with the turn call based solely on the price you're getting - at the same time his raise is suspiciously/donkishly small.I suspect you're drawing thin/dead here...although based on the three river checks I must be wrong.At best, you're probably facing an A flush draw, so I'd call not because I'm drawing to the flush but because I think I might be still ahead.I'd like to know your thinking on your small turn and flop bets...more the turn.The flop bet actually makes some sense to me, though your thought process may be different than mine - my interpretation is you hate the flop, but want to see a turn as cheaply as possible...you bet small to arouse some suspicion...if they come over the top, they really do have the goods.The problem is it does give Asxs an awfully good price to stick around...in fact, any A of spades may be tempted to see the turn.Is the turn simply more defensiveness? Trying to see the river for YOUR price?It really all depends on your image and the quality of the guys who called your 5x bb pf raise from utg. Do they put you on KK/AA, or are they only aware of their two cards?

Stack sizes?Yeah, I'm too lazy to dig them out, but the pot was large enough and their stacks small enough that they're likely calling anything with any peice of the flop and folding to any bet without a piece. Which is why I led the flop that small. Also, I'm OOP, the flop sucks and I'm aiming to show this down cheaply. I'm willing to give draws a price here because I'm not willing to get overly involved 40/30/30 at this point. I had them both covered easily, but not by enough that my inflection point wouldn't change drastically if I got too involved.Like I said, I'm lazy. I see the argument for a bigger flop bet, but without substantial redraws here three handed, I'm mainly looking to show this down chaply or fold it to heavy action.good luck.

I see the argument for a bigger flop bet, but without substantial redraws here three handed, I'm mainly looking to show this down cheaply or fold it to heavy action.good luck.
So why not fold the turn? You're getting INVOLVED there. Even with this flop (which doesn't contain an ace p.s.), if you have them both covered by a lot jamming the flop is totally reasonable.

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t25/t509 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with ks.pngkc.pngHero raises to t250, 3 folds, MP3 calls t250 (pot was t325), CO folds, Button calls t250 (pot was t575), 2 folds.Flop: 8c.png9s.pngjs.png (t825, 3 players)Hero says to the table, "Oops, I am playing PLO tourney right? I am against 332 combos of hands and oop. Ok since tournaments are for suckers, please take my money now or outdraw me later".

Hero says to the table, "Oops, I am playing PLO tourney right? I am against 332 combos of hands and oop. Ok since tournaments are for suckers, please take my money now or outdraw me later".You're right, this is a good flop for KK.I take your point though, there's definately some validity to it.good luck

The flop bet's terrible. If you're going to bet, you should bet at least half the pot, and since you're probably ahead right now, but there are a ton of draws out, I'd probably bet really close to the size of the pot. Even an overbet makes sense here. Remember, in hold 'em, a scary flop usually means that you could be outdrawn, not that you have been already.I'm perfectly willing to take your advice as being the good and proper way to play for PLO, but you really need to take my advice here. This is a strong hand, don't be afraid to play it as such.

Hero says to the table, "Oops, I am playing PLO tourney right? I am against 332 combos of hands and oop. Ok since tournaments are for suckers, please take my money now or outdraw me later".You're right, this is a good flop for KK.I take your point though, there's definately some validity to it.good luck
My point is, if you are really so weak-tight, then not a penny should you have invested in that pot on the flop. But if you do want to win that pot, that betting size is not the right way to go. In cash games you can wait for a better spot for better edge, but this is tournament, do or die.