Morale Support Needed

I know you guys are very serious about this game of poker.........I'm still very much a beginner but I know the odds and I know my pot odds........at what level do you stop getting donks going all-in with k-9 off and winning cos it's driving me up the wall......I'm nothing special I just am getting very frustrated with the game.....I was playing a freeroll and ppl thought it was hilarious cos they was knocking ppl out with trash .....I'm not kidding 8-5's, q-7's....I've serioulsy thought about giving it up....what level should i start at for mtts and sngs??? I'm hoping for serious advice here

What are you talking about? Are people going all in on trash hands pre-flop? Be a little more descriptive if you want someone to help you out.

I know you guys are very serious about this game of poker.........I'm still very much a beginner but I know the odds and I know my pot odds........at what level do you stop getting donks going all-in with k-9 off and winning cos it's driving me up the wall......I'm nothing special I just am getting very frustrated with the game.....I was playing a freeroll and ppl thought it was hilarious cos they was knocking ppl out with trash .....I'm not kidding 8-5's, q-7's....I've serioulsy thought about giving it up....what level should i start at for mtts and sngs??? I'm hoping for serious advice here
First, its moral, not morale, support. Second, the freerolls are your problem. Why should people care what cards they play if they aren't risking any money? Start at $5. If you consistently make the money, move up in limits. I would start with at least enough for 50-100 SNGs, and that might not even be enough.Good luck.
What are you talking about? Are people going all in on trash hands pre-flop? Be a little more descriptive if you want someone to help you out.
ok here goes...............Calling with crap a-7, k-19........then hitting flop.........ermmmmm all-in with trash.then hitting on the turn and river..........I'm sure you have all sat there and thought why the hell did I sit and read HoH I was better ignorant well I'm there......

He's asking for experienced players to suggest what level you start to see less people going all in just for ****'s and giggles. Like me he's new and wants to play serious poker but doesn't want to play completely over his head. What is the lowest level where you are less likely to find people who are going to go all in preflop for no reason at all. This is a great question and one I'm very interested in getting some knowledgeable opinions on.Bear

First, its moral, not morale, support. Second, the freerolls are your problem. Why should people care what cards they play if they aren't risking any money? Start at $5. If you consistently make the money, move up in limits. I would start with at least enough for 50-100 SNGs, and that might not even be enough.Good luck.
Thanks I knew the spelling might be a bit dubious......you have provided what I wanted to know!!
I know how you feel. That's pretty common in free rolls and $1 dollar buy ins. They're just looking for a quick double/triple/quadruple up. Just keep playing a solid game, don't play over your bankroll, and over the long run you will come out ahead.
He's asking for experienced players to suggest what level you start to see less people going all in just for ****'s and giggles. Like me he's new and wants to play serious poker but doesn't want to play completely over his head. What is the lowest level where you are less likely to find people who are going to go all in preflop for no reason at all. This is a great question and one I'm very interested in getting some knowledgeable opinions on.Bear
Thanks Bear, dead easy for these guys to flame....let's see how they go with a serious question!!

Stop playing free rolls..They are just a donk fest and playing solid poker gets old after about 2 orbits cuz everyone is so silly..Get a loan of 50 bucks from a buddy or deposit onto a site and start with 5 dollar SNGs or .05/.10 cash tables..If you do well and keep building, then move up a level

How many times must it be said...Come on guys, when you say at what level does it stop, what you are really saying is at what level do the players get better, right? So you are asking this question thinking that if you play people who are better, you will win more, and that is just not the case.If you sit down at a table with people folding K9 and A7 preflop, than how exactly do you plan on winning money?? Other than flopping sets and playing hands that everyone can play like flushes and straights.The theory of poker in a very short general description is when you get money in with a better hand, you are winning, so believe me you that if you can't beat these low-stakes games, you will not be winning in higher stakes for this reason alone, in the low stakes people will be puttin money in with worse hands, which means they lose and you win whereas at higher stakes people will not be putting in money with such mediocre holdings hence much smaller room for profit.I have been in the same boat as you, but I now realize that it is all bullshit, i mean come on man, if you honestly think you will do better by moving up limits, you are crazy.It must be said though, that while playing at these low-limits that are pissing you off, you must play differently than at a table with much tighter players, you must play NUTS and things close to it. Perhaps you are losing your money because you flop top pair and call peoples bets all the way down when there are massive amounts of draws on the flop as well as 6 people seeing the turn and river.Just play tight, and take their god damn mobney, how can you complain about people putting their money in with crap hands????? Only a complete idiot who does not understand the theory of poker would make a post like yours. Hopefully after reading this you are not as much of an idiot, but still somewhat of an idiot nonetheless because you suck.

ok here goes...............Calling with crap a-7, k-19........then hitting flop.........ermmmmm all-in with trash.then hitting on the turn and river..........I'm sure you have all sat there and thought why the hell did I sit and read HoH I was better ignorant well I'm there......
what is the 19? Is that a wild card?
How many times must it be said...Come on guys, when you say at what level does it stop, what you are really saying is at what level do the players get better, right? So you are asking this question thinking that if you play people who are better, you will win more, and that is just not the case.If you sit down at a table with people folding K9 and A7 preflop, than how exactly do you plan on winning money?? Other than flopping sets and playing hands that everyone can play like flushes and straights.The theory of poker in a very short general description is when you get money in with a better hand, you are winning, so believe me you that if you can't beat these low-stakes games, you will not be winning in higher stakes for this reason alone, in the low stakes people will be puttin money in with worse hands, which means they lose and you win whereas at higher stakes people will not be putting in money with such mediocre holdings hence much smaller room for profit.I have been in the same boat as you, but I now realize that it is all bullshit, i mean come on man, if you honestly think you will do better by moving up limits, you are crazy.It must be said though, that while playing at these low-limits that are pissing you off, you must play differently than at a table with much tighter players, you must play NUTS and things close to it. Perhaps you are losing your money because you flop top pair and call peoples bets all the way down when there are massive amounts of draws on the flop as well as 6 people seeing the turn and river.Just play tight, and take their god damn mobney, how can you complain about people putting their money in with crap hands????? Only a complete idiot who does not understand the theory of poker would make a post like yours. Hopefully after reading this you are not as much of an idiot, but still somewhat of an idiot nonetheless because you suck.
Ok like I said I'm still learning and I understand what you're saying...BUT I disagree with you too a point.........I understand the odds...I know that by rights in the long run I'd be ahead BUT that doesn't help me in freerolls I guess I'm not hoping to suddnely become a WSOP player just that all my reading and studying has a point
If you are all in pre-flop with AA. Yes you are winning but would you rather be in against one player or 5 because it drasticly changes your odds. That's what we are talking about. Why do some people feel the need to be Dickheads here all the time!

If you want to win freerolls, here's some advice:AAKKQQAKAQsthen call when they go all-inyea it's boring. There is no creativity and no bluffing but you will go a lot deeper into these tournaments.

Helping is -EV, but we all are trying anyway.If you go all in preflop with AA and get five callers you are winning money in the long run. Sure you have less odds to win, but you'll win more when you do hit. In a better game you could go all in preflop and win just the blinds.Even against 4 other players who each hold suited connectors of different ranks and different suits you are still almost a 40% favorite. And that's the WORST case scenario. If everyone has pocket pairs you are a 45% favorite. Against random hands you are a much bigger favorite. If they are calling you with junk, you should be happy cause you're winning in the long run. I know it sucks to lose money in the short run, but it's just a fact of poker. You should read up on bankroll requirements and variance.As for what level tourneys to start at, it depends alot on your disposable income. I'm assuming from your post and from reading HOH that you are playing nl tourneys. I would guess you want to play in the cheapest you can find, the 1.25 or 2.50 tourneys are probably best right now. If you have enough money you can probably start at the 5$ sit-n-go's, the play is pretty bad in general.Remember, don't get frustrated by bad beats, good players suffer bad beats more often because they get their money in as the favorite more often! Phil Ivey suffered one of the worst beats possible in the 2003 WSOP, but I'd bet almost anything he still won more money than Moneymaker for the year.Good luck, and when you realize why this post is -EV you'll be on your way to being a better player!

Sooooo...you DON'T want to play poker against donkeys who move in with trash hands and in general suck at poker? Huh....that's funny...because that's exactly the guy I'd like to sit with in an MTT....

Generally, the players are gradually better at every level. There will be more solid players in a $10 MTT than a $5 and so on. We all understand it's frustrating playing against lots of people and the game seems to have no skill. Don't worry about it, playing solid tight poker will still work, it just takes longer to see the effects when everyone is going all in all the time. If you would like to see slightly better play you need to deposit money online and even then the play will not increase drastically. If you don't have much money just put $50 dollars online, maybe find a site that will automatically match your money, so you start with $100, I know Bodog used to have this offer. It seems you like to play tournaments, I would suggest playing cheap sit n gos for awhile because you should be able to cash more frequently, and your deposit wont leave too quickly. Most sites offer $5 dollar sit n go's, and some even offer $1 sit n gos. As most have already made painfully clear though, playing against people that understand the game more will hurt your results. But everyone has experienced crazy games with people playing any 2 to the river, it sucks when you aren't hitting. Getting sucked out on is part of the game, the more you get sucked out on the worse the competition is and you should be happy about this.Good luck and hopefully some of that was helpful.

OP: You'll never escape that type of player. Just concentrate on learning your own style and you'll begin to recognise when you should call these bozos or fold.

Helping is -EV, but we all are trying anyway.Even against 4 other players who each hold suited connectors of different ranks and different suits you are still almost a 40% favorite. And that's the WORST case scenario.
As Ad win=35%Jh10H win=20%KcQc win =16%5d6d win =13%6s7s win =14%The percentage is 35 not 40 for a worst case scenario. If people are going to be picky about the E on moral then let's get the percentages right.Just like most people don't know that JT suited has a better percentage then pocket fives of different suits then the JT suited. So if you have JT of hearts vs. 5s 5d all in preflop the JT is the slight percentage favorite to win. Most people assume that any pocket pair has a higher winning percentage preflop then all suited connectors but this is not the case. it's 52-47 for JT suited.just to show I'm a newbie and still learning but I do know a little bit.

Irrelevant. Poker is a game of imperfect information. It is only relevant whether a hand is 52-48 or 49-51 if you know EXACTLY what a player is holding. Just as the poster who said AA is 35% was close enough. Running hands through a calculator is only helpful to get you close and for study. Are you going to make a different decision against five players with a possible 5% difference in your odds? Very unlikely.

As Ad win=35%Jh10H win=20%KcQc win =16%5d6d win =13%6s7s win =14%The percentage is 35 not 40 for a worst case scenario. If people are going to be picky about the E on moral then let's get the percentages right.Just like most people don't know that JT suited has a better percentage then pocket fives of different suits then the JT suited. So if you have JT of hearts vs. 5s 5d all in preflop the JT is the slight percentage favorite to win. Most people assume that any pocket pair has a higher winning percentage preflop then all suited connectors but this is not the case. it's 52-47 for JT suited.just to show I'm a newbie and still learning but I do know a little bit.