Aqs Utg In A Kill Game

Live 2/4 game w/ kill (this hand 4/8). Tight/ mostly passive table.Me: UTG AQs. I raise, get four callers.Flop: A Q 3 rainbow.I bet, two drop, last player (elderly, mainly straightforward, but sometimes can be a tricky old goat) raises. I reraise, he capsTurn: 5d I bet, he raises, I callRiver: 9c no real flush possibilty. He's not the type to chase runner runner in a kill game.I check, he bets, I call.He flips pocket 3s for a set.Was there any way I could have played it different? I intially put him on Ace/rag, since he's the type to play any ace, and I thought my two pair were good, but when he reraised on the turn, should that have let me know he had a set? Was there any way I could've lost less on this hand, or was it just one of those hands where I had to take my lumps?

if he is very passive maybe you could have just check called after he capped the flop. i play it the same way you did. if im feeling frisky i might even checkraise the turn. you need to learn to hit four outers. dont post results.

After he caps the flop, I would completely check/raise the **** out of this hand on the turn. If he three bets, you might consider slowing down from there if he tends to be pretty passive. Honestly though, I'd be pretty happy to get money in this pot against this type of player. Without a stellar read this will be tough to play without losing a lot of bets if you are up against a set. Tough break.

I see nothing to improve upon. AK often looks a lot like this too, and any less aggression = missed bets.
I would strongly strongly consider c/r the turn here as well. I'm not puting any less in than you did though, unless I've played 1 million hands with him, and he's only capped the flop with a set, even then, I'd be really questioning it...- Zach