Pf Call A Push With Jj?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney ($11 - 10 man), Big Blind is t400 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero (t8180)SB (t4796)BB (t3794)UTG (t820)MP (t2410)Preflop: Hero is Button with J :club: , J :D . 1 fold, MP raises [t2410] (all-in), Hero ???I've had the big stack the entire time. I had been aggressively stealing earlier but I've slowed down lately. For the most part I'm looking to chop away and avoid big pots unless I'm a big favorite. Villain was severely short-stacked and won an all-in and has been pushing relentlessly PF ever since. He pushed at least 1 in 4 maybe 1 in 3 hands for several orbits now. There's a decent chance I'm a pretty big favorite and only a slight chance that I'm an underdog but but you risk a coinflip situation with these stack sizes?

I would have insta called. He had to have 88 or 77. Even if he sucks out your still in good shape & if u win its pretty much game over, you win.

I personally don't think that you have to call here, but there is nothing wrong with doing so whatsoever. Jacks would be the border for me personally (meaning queens I would call for sure, tens I would fold for sure). The other smaller stacks have seen what this guy has been doing just like you, and will also eventually decide to put him to the test when he keeps "stealing" their blinds.

this is so easy call as to deem it not post worthy.man, I hate bubbling
Well excuse me for being new at these and questioning my play.
I personally don't think that you have to call here, but there is nothing wrong with doing so whatsoever. Jacks would be the border for me personally (meaning queens I would call for sure, tens I would fold for sure). The other smaller stacks have seen what this guy has been doing just like you, and will also eventually decide to put him to the test when he keeps "stealing" their blinds.
That's the thing. The other small stacks had seen him do this repeatedly and weren't calling. I was able to attack his BB from time to time but with him on my right I ony acted before him PF once an orbit.I did instacall figuring a couple things:- his range had to be pretty wide and I was likely favorite- his constant pushing and his position was killing my ability to accumulate chips and I'd like to see him gone- even if I lost I'd be in good shape- if I won it was pretty much game overI questioned the call because his stack was big enough that 1) doubling him would really suck and 2) losing would take me from a dominating lead to a small lead.A quick trip through poker stove though shows that if we give his range as any A, any pair, any two broadway we're a 2 to 1 favorite. Seems we gotta make the call.

One thing to consider is that the more times he pushes, the better his hand usually becomes (in general). Meaning - he has to know that people are going to get fed up with his pushes, so he will be narrowing his range on the pushes IMO, so you can't even discount pocket aces or kings here. For example, in a SNG yesterday I had pushed pre-flop probably 10 out of 20 hands when it was down to the bubble, usually with any pocket pair and any ace. he last couple of pushes were actually with very strong hands (ie. ace king twice), figuring that they must call eventually. My final hand of that particular SNG was with pocket kings that I pushed, and was finally called by my opponent with a weak ace. Of course, he hit his 3 outer, and I was gone, but my point is that knowledgeable players won't be pushing countless times with just anything...

Jacks would be the border for me personally (meaning queens I would call for sure, tens I would fold for sure).
For example, in a SNG yesterday I had pushed pre-flop probably 10 out of 20 hands when it was down to the bubble, usually with any pocket pair and any ace.
I tend to think the GAP principle is overdone in these situations.You push 1/2 your hands on the Bubble (ok... maybe you are shrt stack guy..then..I C)..yet you fold as the big stack with TT and a chance to seal the Money?I find a good call is worth lots of risky pushes.And I push a lot as well when short...and not as much when short stacks need to double up, unless I have good hand or they are really short relative to meI like to steal from the guys who are currenty safe, yet, they would rather wait.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney ($11 - 10 man), Big Blind is t400 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero (t8180)SB (t4796)BB (t3794)UTG (t820)MP (t2410)Preflop: Hero is Button with J :club: , J :D . 1 fold, MP raises [t2410] (all-in), Hero ???I've had the big stack the entire time. I had been aggressively stealing earlier but I've slowed down lately. For the most part I'm looking to chop away and avoid big pots unless I'm a big favorite. Villain was severely short-stacked and won an all-in and has been pushing relentlessly PF ever since. He pushed at least 1 in 4 maybe 1 in 3 hands for several orbits now. There's a decent chance I'm a pretty big favorite and only a slight chance that I'm an underdog but but you risk a coinflip situation with these stack sizes?
I think either is fine, but I'd call. Unless the villain has QQ, KK, or AA then you're ahead and the only question is how much ahead you are, plus your stack can take the hit.

Push to isolate. Calling let's BB move in with AK/AQ or or something, and you'd obviously have to call, if he has some nightmare hand that's killing you, you're still going to have to call anyway, but moving in in front of him makes him a lot less likely to call with overcards. Also you definately don't want to play a flop against anyone with only JJ here. good luck.