Ever Just Not Feel Like Playing Poker?

It's a weird feeling. Normally, I'm chomping at the bit to play poker online after work or whenever I have free time on the weekends. However, this past week, I just haven't been in the mood. It's not because I went broke or suffered a lot of beats or anything like that. I'm just boooored of it. Maybe I just need to learn something else besides holdem.

I would definitely suggest trying other games. I'm sure I may get flamed or laughed at, but when I first tried other games I sat at the play chip tables for a little while until I got comfortable with the difference (# of cards in my hand, betting patterns, etc.)

You should try the other games, stud h/l is my favorite game to play. Who cares if you play on play money tables to learn it. Just realize that they aren't folding anything, but alot of real money low limit players don't fold anything either.

I'll second the Omaha H/L suggestion!I often play half a session of Omaha, and then 'relax' with some Hold'em. It's a much much faster game than Holdem, requireing more intense concentration. A great change of pace.Dev

lol. I do all that stuff too.
Thats good, you need to do other things to be excited about poker.I'm in the same boat, and have been for a while. But, another issue that you probably dont realise, with all the talk about playing within limits and BR's etc..all that lame stuff, sometimes poker doesnt feel like the game you 1st got excited about because the limits dont sting as much.A lot of my thrill is playing for an amount that gets my blood going,I like gambling, and having the chance to win a nice big chunk that means someting to me, opposed to nickel and dime games

I agree with the others. You should try to learn the other games as well as you can. I can't play one game all of the time or I get sick of it. I usually play at least 4 different forms of poker a day. Usually I play limit hold'em, omaha eight or better, pot limit omaha, and 27 triple draw at some point during the day. I sometimes play pot limit hold'em, no limit hold'em, A5 triple draw, stud, stud/8, razz, and when I feel like big swings limit omaha.

It's a weird feeling. Normally, I'm chomping at the bit to play poker online after work or whenever I have free time on the weekends. However, this past week, I just haven't been in the mood. It's not because I went broke or suffered a lot of beats or anything like that. I'm just boooored of it. Maybe I just need to learn something else besides holdem.
Turn off the computer. Take a walk. Clean the house. Start a garden. Join a book club. Seriously, man ... "not feeling like playing poker" is just not a problem.OR Where the music stinks, and they water the drinks, the nudie bar.Where the girlies dance in their underpants, the nudie bar.Where you see their butt, and their trap stays shut, at the nudie bar.Where you can't touch a breast, but you can cave in a chest, at the nudie bar.Where you look at a thigh, and blacken an eye, at the nudie bar.Where the beer gives you gas, but the Bundys kick ***, at the nudie bar. Where a buck's enough to see their stuff, at the nudie bar.Where the breasts may be fake but man do they shake, at the nudie bar.Where you swear like a sailor, and wish you could nail her, at the nudie bar.Where the cops are at the door, and there's a Kennedy on the floor, at the nudie bar. Where Christmas is nice, and lap dances are half price, at the nudie bar.Where you drink down the shooters, and unwrap the hooters, at the nudie bar.Where eggnogs are plenty, and the girls all twenty, at the nudie bar.
Turn off the computer. Take a walk. Clean the house. Start a garden. Join a book club. Seriously, man ... "not feeling like playing poker" is just not a problem.
Totally, man. I love the people who are telling him to play a DIFFERENT variety of poker, as if that's the solution. Man, if you don't feel like playing poker, it's OK. There are tons of other things to do.

Still haven't played. I'm bored of reading poker books too. Still like coming here to read what you fellow poker fanatics have to say though. Yah, I'm just working, relaxing, watching t.v., play some sports, go out and no poker. So so weird. I hope that I will want to play online again. Maybe poker is just a phase, who knows? I used to like chess and then I didn't. I used to play golf a lot and now I don't. Will poker be the same? Only time will tell. What's the next thing that I'm going to get into?

It is definitely easy to feel the grind. When grinding in limit hold em, I can only play for about 4-5 hours a day and no more than 3 days in a row, it's just too slow and a drag. However, I usually feel most bored when I'm slumping and my bankroll is just staying even. When I'm losing a lot I play even more trying to get back to even, and when I'm killing the game is def fun! But when it is just staying right around the same, or a slow gradual loss, that is when I go insane. My solutions are like others, just don't play and do other things. I find that poker is much more fun to read and talk about than it is to play, even when I am playing a lot I am reading and talking about it even more. Take time off, don't switch games if you are sick of cards. When I'm bored of cards, it doesn't matter what the game is, I will be playing too many hands and trying run people over, which usually causes hits to the bankroll.