How To Lose $400 In Five Minutes.

Wow straight to the name calling huh? Hmm what did you say to me...Think before you speak to people much more knowledgable than yourself. You'll be less likely to look foolish in retrospect. Read this sentence again.So now I see anyone who disagrees is automatically a fool.Okay good luck with that and also truly it all goes back to your complete arrogance in another poker story. That is where I came off on being so harsh on you. Arrogant pricks get what they have coming to em IMO. If you had put the other story in the same unprideful light I might have tried to be nice and respectful to you, but guess what I didn't feel you needed respect. I didn't realize you are a crabby little *****. Now I told you why your play was horrible and that was because you had no read on the table and you were either WAY ahead or Way behind and you basically threw $100 away to find that out. had you checked then maybe something might have developed on the turn and given you a better chance. but My opinion is that you misplayed that hand.Turns out it wouldn't have mattered too much because you were gettin it all in on the next hand regardless, but still I don't agree with your play with the Jacks.And one last HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAWhy not laugh at him? Seriously read his other story about "total domination" and it will make you laugh at him giving the money back on the other side.Seriously until he proves otherwise he is just an arrogant douchebag in my opinion.
"Persona": look it upRyan
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No ****ing **** ******* and I have a feeling I’m about to find out first hand just how far down it is!Derek walks around the tiny balcony checking it out and whatnot, or making sure there are no witnesses. funny stuff
To: hardkorbeatz:**** *** ****** ************ ***** **** the **** **** ***** *** **** ***** and *** ***** **********take care.
Reputation, look it up. And then try building one here, and maybe people will give you the respect you crave, and let the bad play slide. Until then, be ready to be schooled a bit.
per·so·na (pr-sn)n. pl. per·so·nas or per·so·nae (-n) The role that one assumes or displays in public or society; one's public image or personality, as distinguished from the inner self.Right now your "persona" is an arrogant douchebag that doesn't play poker very well.By the way I have told you twice now why I thought your play was bad and you have never responded with anything other than "I'm right and you're wrong" so basically I stand AGAIN by my opinion that you played your Jacks horribly.I am done laughing at you though so good times.

AAAAAHthat was my initial thought after reading this bad beat post cleverly disguised as a story; then I read dapokerbum's comments and thought them to be harsh, until I read ryanc's blog about the tournament, in which he played largely like a donkey (betting with any hand, acting like he had reads on everyone the second he sat at the table without having seen a hand, raising all in at the fina table without looking at his cards, not knowing another player was in the pot, cockily raising into JJ);your storytelling is not bad, but the tournament story seems contrived; your poker playing seems weak and your attitude is an abomination; post here if you want but show some respect and the same might be accorded you.

To: hardkorbeatz:**** *** ****** ************ ***** **** the **** **** ***** *** **** ***** and *** ***** **********take care.
im quoting the ops blog and giving him a compliment. what r u on man?
Reputation, look it up. And then try building one here, and maybe people will give you the respect you crave, and let the bad play slide. Until then, be ready to be schooled a bit.
shuuuuuuut da fuk up

I posted a comment on your site about a similar way to lose in less than five minutes. Mine was slightly worse though, since you get a ticket in jersey (whereas you dont in ny)

$600 NL 6 MaxStart: 11:07pmEnd: 11:24pmProfit: -$603Hands: 27Rebuys: $46, $557 here i got all in with AJ vs KJ on JJQ board. Turn was King and I lose buy in. Running bad obviously so gonna stop for tonight.$600 NL 6 MaxStart: 10:13pmEnd: 11:05pmProfit: -$1228Hands: 89Rebuys: $357 (nut flush over my 9 high flush), $140, $131, $600 (AK vs flopped set got pot stuck on turn. blah.)not 5 minutes but close.:club:- Jordan

$600 NL 6 MaxStart: 11:07pmEnd: 11:24pmProfit: -$603Hands: 27Rebuys: $46, $557 here i got all in with AJ vs KJ on JJQ board. Turn was King and I lose buy in. Running bad obviously so gonna stop for tonight.$600 NL 6 MaxStart: 10:13pmEnd: 11:05pmProfit: -$1228Hands: 89Rebuys: $357 (nut flush over my 9 high flush), $140, $131, $600 (AK vs flopped set got pot stuck on turn. blah.)not 5 minutes but close.:club:- Jordan
damn that almost brought a tear to my eye

its not tournament poker and the blinds dont change there is absolutly no value in going crazy with JJ....and the AQ hand its not a very good idea putting all your money in a cash game with 1pair

No need to laugh at him about it, but yes, it was two of the most poorly played hands I've ever seen. Laying out a bet of $100 to try and take it down? Jacks are second to AKsuited to the most overplayed hand in hold 'em. Although I don't call 'em deadbeat dads for nothing. I call 'em deadbeat dads cause you always hope they come through for you, but never do.
LOL, same old story ... how many times does this have to happen? Someone commits to a big pot with JJ and then a A K or Q or worse, comes on the flop ... and they bet out anyway with the jacks, trying to power two preflop raise callers off the pot ... Anyone who loses all their money in two hands deserves to. One hand ... I'm not so sure -- **** happens. First two hands? Nah. Lay off and get some table information first.
everyone who says don't raise with JJ do you play them to flop a set? you have to raise to cut down the field.
Jacks and tens ... tough, tough hands to play. In a small stakes game, or on short stack and shrinking, I'm tempted to say just go all in from late position, and limp from early position. Totally depends on who you're sitting with. And that's the glaring error. The raiser may have been the table rock --- RCPotts had no info to work with. He was playing his cards and not thinking about his opponents' cards at all. Besides, with that Q 10 10 board ... first hand ... no information ... it's an EASY check-laydown. EASY. This is what happens: How To Lose $400 In Five Minutes
Jacks and tens ... tough, tough hands to play. In a small stakes game, or on short stack and shrinking, I'm tempted to say just go all in from late position, and limp from early position. Totally depends on who you're sitting with. And that's the glaring error. The raiser may have been the table rock --- RCPotts had no info to work with. He was playing his cards and not thinking about his opponents' cards at all. Besides, with that Q 10 10 board ... first hand ... no information ... it's an EASY check-laydown. EASY. This is what happens: How To Lose $400 In Five Minutes
Traditionally with J's in a 1/2 game I'll open for $15 to thin the field to big hands (usually) against one or 2 opponents and hope I see a favorable texture...if not I do not have much invested and can get away easy...in the OP's spot I would flat call the opening raise...no sense getting into a cacque measuring match with the smaller hand(s).

I think this whole thing has been taken completely out of it's intended context.This was meant solely to entertain. Lots of details about this occurance have been changed to make a better story. I did not fully explain my thought process, as it would take away from the story. And that's what the post was about, it's a story meant to entertain. For instance:This did not happen in the first two hands against players I don't know. This happened in about 12 hands over 25 minutes. Not much better, but still. The nature of play in most any NYC underground card room is basically the same. You know what to expect from the players at the table. I do not believe that a specific read on this one exact table is neccesary to make moves like the one I outlined. The guy who I re-raised to $50 had raised pre-flop out of position 4 or 5 times in a row. I was taking a stand. Knowing the incrediby aggressive nature of these players, if you don't stand up for yourself early, people will jack you around all day. I was 80% sure my flop bet of $100 would take the pot. His call pre-flop told me he was holding AA, KK QQ or maybe AK, but I didn't think so. I thought he was calling with a weaker hand to show me he wouldn't be pushed around. When he checked, it didn't feel like a trap. It felt like he was waiting for me to give him a good reason to make a big laydown. That's the feeling I got, right or wrong. So I did the most I could to give him a reason to lay his hand down. With that $100 bet, I think even AA or KK would be in a tough spot. Maybe not, but maybe.Some say that the $100 bet on the flop screamed of me not wanting a call. Maybe. But I have often bet the pot or more than the pot to give my opponent the impression that I want them to fold when I'm holding the nuts. How does he know that's not what I'm doing now?I certainly understand how it perceived that this hand was misplayed. Obviously if I were to type out every single thing that went through my mind, we would be here all day. I took a shot, and got caught. That's all. Happens all the time. This would be a completely different discussion if the guy had folded, which was equally likely, if not more likely.Ryan

1) I think this whole thing has been taken completely out of it's intended context. This was meant solely to entertain. Lots of details about this occurance have been changed to make a better story.2) This did not happen in the first two hands against players I don't know. This happened in about 12 hands over 25 minutes. Not much better, but still. The nature of play in most any NYC underground card room is basically the same. You know what to expect from the players at the table. I do not believe that a specific read on this one exact table is neccesary to make moves like the one I outlined. The guy who I re-raised to $50 had raised pre-flop out of position 4 or 5 times in a row. I was taking a stand. Knowing the incrediby aggressive nature of these players, if you don't stand up for yourself early, people will jack you around all day. 3) I was 80% sure my flop bet of $100 would take the pot. His call pre-flop told me he was holding AA, KK QQ or maybe AK. When he called my re-raise pre-flop I was pretty sure that I was already beat. When he checked though, it didn't feel like a trap. It felt like he was waiting for me to give him a good reason to make a big laydown. That's the feeling I got, right or wrong. So I did the most I could to give him a reason to lay his hand down. With that $100 bet, I think even AA or KK would be in a tough spot. Maybe not, but maybe.4) Some say that the $100 bet on the flop screamed of me not wanting a call. Maybe. But I have often bet the pot or more than the pot to give my opponent the impression that I want them to fold when I'm holding the nuts. How does he know that's not what I'm doing now?Ryan
1) OK. 2) Sounds like a great game3) "His call pre-flop told me he was holding AA, KK QQ or maybe AK." Huh. 4) "But I have often bet the pot or more than the pot to give my opponent the impression that I want them to fold when I'm holding the nuts." Me? When I have the nuts, I like to put my opponents on the escalator. Take em up.
Yeah, ok.This is meant to entertain, not to provide you with a basis to make yourself feel like a big man.Guess what, I still stand behind my play w/ the Jacks. The fact that you don't understand why it's a good play 4 out 5 times, tells me a lot about your abilities. Think before you speak to people much more knowledgable than yourself. You'll be less likely to look foolish in retrospect. Read this sentence again.Ryan
uh it's knowledgeable, is that why we were suppose to read the sentence again?kidding, good read man. Maybe if you weren't so good at words then the bouncer guy wouldn't have let you in, and you'd be up $400.Sometimes being smart can be a curse, I know.

I was 80% sure my flop bet of $100 would take the pot. His call pre-flop told me he was holding AA, KK QQ or maybe AK, but I didn't think so. I thought he was calling with a weaker hand to show me he wouldn't be pushed around. When he checked, it didn't feel like a trap. It felt like he was waiting for me to give him a good reason to make a big laydown. That's the feeling I got, right or wrong. So I did the most I could to give him a reason to lay his hand down. With that $100 bet, I think even AA or KK would be in a tough spot. Maybe not, but maybe.This entire statement makes no sense to me but whatever.

I was 80% sure my flop bet of $100 would take the pot. His call pre-flop told me he was holding AA, KK QQ or maybe AK, but I didn't think so. I thought he was calling with a weaker hand to show me he wouldn't be pushed around. When he checked, it didn't feel like a trap. It felt like he was waiting for me to give him a good reason to make a big laydown. That's the feeling I got, right or wrong. So I did the most I could to give him a reason to lay his hand down. With that $100 bet, I think even AA or KK would be in a tough spot. Maybe not, but maybe.This entire statement makes no sense to me but whatever.
I'm 60% sure you are kidding here and just want RC to go postal