The game is a 3-5 (150 max bet) spread limit.I got KQ in mid position one player limps I limp. Tighter young guy to my left makes standard raise to $20, button calls and the limper calls. Flop A-10-J rainbow. UTG checks, I check raiser bets $80. Both players foldI put him on a fairly strong hand at this point and I smoothe callTurn 10.........

I put him on a fairly strong hand at this point and I smoothe call
Then why not push and get the money in when you are ahead? You called a raise preflop with KQ. You hit the perfect flop and your opponent complies with a big bet. Get as much money in the middle as possible right now, then post this hand in the bad beat forum when he fills up on the turn.

Stack sizes MAY matter if you're ridiculously deep. But flopped broadway str8's against a preflop raiser are meant to be played all in on the flop. The turn just starts making yous see weird things since you now don't have the nuts.

im confused, if you think he had a strong hand then why not just push the flop
so a scarecard like a K or Q comes and can kill the action and get checked down.;)I'd usually lead this flop against a preflop raiser and hope he raises so I can get it all in on the flop with him committed.How you played it, meh...I'd probably c/r right away if you got the "vibe" that he was really strong. Really strong being a set.If thats the vibe you got on the flop, then c/f on the turn is the only option...- Jordan
so a scarecard like a K or Q comes and can kill the action and get checked down.:club:I'd usually lead this flop against a preflop raiser and hope he raises so I can get it all in on the flop with him committed.How you played it, meh...I'd probably c/r right away if you got the "vibe" that he was really strong. Really strong being a set.If thats the vibe you got on the flop, then c/f on the turn is the only option...- Jordan
This is the line I was thinking. If you think the pre-flop raiser has a big hand, I like to bet out 1/2 or 2/3 the pot here and hope he comes over. Especially since he's raised the pot after two limpers, I'd expect that he's got high cards, as I wouldn't assume he's raising with a middle pair here. Bet/raise/all-in seems like the best way to get the most money in the pot while we've flopped the nuts.To me, a check raise shows a lot of strength, and might not get the most action, unless you think it will bring the other limper along.
Then why not push and get the money in when you are ahead? You called a raise preflop with KQ. You hit the perfect flop and your opponent complies with a big bet. Get as much money in the middle as possible right now, then post this hand in the bad beat forum when he fills up on the turn.
QFT.This is part of the problem with a lot of players, they say they "think" one way, then they react in the opposite manner. If your read is that he has a strong hand on the flop you need to push. It doesn't change the order that the deck was shuffled in, but it changes whether or not you're making a +EV play. You could have 0% equity on the turn. 70% equity > 0% equity.
The game is a 3-5 (150 max bet) spread limit.I got KQ in mid position one player limps I limp. Tighter young guy to my left makes standard raise to $20, button calls and the limper calls. Flop A-10-J rainbow. UTG checks, I check raiser bets $80. Both players foldI put him on a fairly strong hand at this point and I smoothe callTurn 10.........
I don't think this card is the scare card you think it is. What is his standard raising range? Does he throw out 20 with J10-AQ, bump it up to 25-30 with AK-AA. If you really think he hit the boat of course you have to throw it away.The likely hood of him having the boat aren't as good as you would think. I would have played it like this in a normal game if I was calling KQ in middle position with one limper and a standard raise.Young guy raises to $20, button calls, & limper calls. Flop; A 10 J. UTG Checks, YOU LEAD! You have to bet your strong hands. Is anyone going to put you on a flopped straight with that board and you lead out? Maybe, but most likely a flopped straight check raises this flop.In anycase I think you lead out because you need to find out where your at. His bet could be a sole continuation bet meaning nothing! He could have 99's you know? That's why we use our option to raise and bet to find out information. If it's still unclear. Guess what? You can fold. B)