Playing Mixed Games In Small Cash Game

We have an idea how they do it at "The Big Game", but does anyone have any tips on how to set up a mixed games table at your local garage game? I tried to get one started tonight, but I didn't have enough players. I think some of the players who might play are afraid to leave the NLHE table behind with the fish. Next week, I'll probably be able to wrangle enough players.Do you do dealer choice, rotation? Does the game change on a certain number of hands, or a time limit?

We have an idea how they do it at "The Big Game", but does anyone have any tips on how to set up a mixed games table at your local garage game? I tried to get one started tonight, but I didn't have enough players. I think some of the players who might play are afraid to leave the NLHE table behind with the fish. Next week, I'll probably be able to wrangle enough players.Do you do dealer choice, rotation? Does the game change on a certain number of hands, or a time limit?
I pay in a mixed game like this and each player takes a turn dealing. You choose the game, you deal for an entire round. So if we have 8 players you deal 9 times. once when the button gets to you and all the way until it passes you and the next player takes over dealing and chooses a new game.for the big game I believe they have a set order and and use a time limit
we set the games before hand and we play 12 hands at each game

play dealers choice if there are like four or five people and its easy just play a round of everyones gameif there are like 8 or 10 of you you might wanna just play a hand of each game

I think the best way is just dealers choice for a round...if you have 7-10 players. If you have less, maybe 2 rounds will do. I think you definitely need to do about 8 hands of each game to have a good mixed game especially if you're playing games with antes such as 7-stud or draw. You have to be able to get into the rhythm of the game before you switch.

Just don't do dealer's choice. It completely destroys any rhythm you can get with each game. Even 12 minutes is not enough to get a good rhythm going.Here's a suggestion that me and my friends used to do: Play a "World Series". At the beginning we'd all through $20 (or whatever) into the pot. I'd set up a score sheet and we'd play 5 different events tournament-style: No Limit Warm up, Limit Hold em, Pineapple, PL Omaha, Stud, No Limit. You could use any of the games you want. We started with 2000 in chips and blinds at 25/50 ($10 chips brought in for stud antes/bring ins). The blinds went up about every 15 or 20 minutes. Usually each event took about an hour and a half (although the limit games sometimes took 3, and PL Omaha was sometimes less than 45 minutes). It took about 12 hours to do the whole thing, so if you don't have that kind of time you could do it Poker Superstars style and make the blinds go up really fast. But that's not fun. Anyway we gave points to top half of the field. For example...6 players 15-10-5-0-0-0 pts. The last no limit was the "main event", and the points doubled. Whoever had the most points at the end won like $80 and second got $40.

Just don't do dealer's choice. It completely destroys any rhythm you can get with each game. Even 12 minutes is not enough to get a good rhythm going.Here's a suggestion that me and my friends used to do: Play a "World Series". At the beginning we'd all through $20 (or whatever) into the pot. I'd set up a score sheet and we'd play 5 different events tournament-style: No Limit Warm up, Limit Hold em, Pineapple, PL Omaha, Stud, No Limit. You could use any of the games you want. We started with 2000 in chips and blinds at 25/50 ($10 chips brought in for stud antes/bring ins). The blinds went up about every 15 or 20 minutes. Usually each event took about an hour and a half (although the limit games sometimes took 3, and PL Omaha was sometimes less than 45 minutes). It took about 12 hours to do the whole thing, so if you don't have that kind of time you could do it Poker Superstars style and make the blinds go up really fast. But that's not fun. Anyway we gave points to top half of the field. For example...6 players 15-10-5-0-0-0 pts. The last no limit was the "main event", and the points doubled. Whoever had the most points at the end won like $80 and second got $40.
I will have to try to pitch this to my friends, seems like a cool system.My friends will not play anything other than NLHE and it drives me nutts.
I will have to try to pitch this to my friends, seems like a cool system.My friends will not play anything other than NLHE and it drives me nutts.
i hear ya man, i play with with a bunch of 18-20 year olds, i start dealing out razz and their ****ing heads explode. the complete unwillingness to even try anything else kills me. they wont even play pot limit because adding 2+2+1 is too difficult.damned television
play horse
Not a bad idea, but the other guy who's most interested has mentioned some lowball games and even 5 card draw.