This Was -ev

So in my most costly mistake ever I spilled an entire glass of wine into my laptop. I wasn't even using it, it was just sitting on the table next to me and I accidentally bumped the glass.I'm not sure how broken it is -does anyone know if this can be fixed? - but it doesn't look good. Nothing like throwing $2K+ out the window... Any ideas???

So in my most costly mistake ever I spilled an entire glass of wine into my laptop. I wasn't even using it, it was just sitting on the table next to me and I accidentally bumped the glass.I'm not sure how broken it is -does anyone know if this can be fixed? - but it doesn't look good. Nothing like throwing $2K+ out the window... Any ideas???
Toss it into a pool with tons of chlorine, that should wash off the wine. Then maybe put it in the dryer with some towels to dry off the pool water. After that, throw it away because it was likely ruined after the wine incident :club: Seriously I have no idea, but the geek squad at best buy always helps me out when I'm in need (Help out= Buy more stuff)

I think you're screwed bro. It's not the liquids that kill electronics, it's the suspended particles. And wine has all kinds of sugars and crap in it that, even when dried out, will cause all kinds of problems when you power it up. You could call a service place, but I think this is what they'll tell you as well. Good luck though.

uhhhhhhhhh.............gun........head. That's all I can come up with this early.Either that or some type of insurance fraud.

You've been PWNED by suspended particles AHAHAHHAAAA...Sorry about your laptop, but that suspended particle thing made me laugh, especially because it's true.

It depends on how extensive the damage is. More than likely, the keyboard will be fried, so you will need an external keybaord to plug into the back of the machine from now on. The monitor should have survived, and IF you're lucky the harddrive did as well. My suggestion would be to take the machine to someone that knows computers very well (a friend or professional) NOT a place like Best Buy, handyman, etc. The best route for you to take is to try to build a new laptop with the parts still good on yours. Look into it.-sm

In the UK this would be covered under 'Accidental Damage' home insurance.Always worth a phone call to your insurers.
I have renter's insurance, but I didn't even think of this. Thanks for the idea. Wish me luck.

Try the external keyboard thing..i spilled beer into my laptop keyboard a couple years back and it still functions fine with the external keyboard, unfortunately i still spill beers.

if the keyboard is intergrated into the laptop, (some can actually pop out and if you're smart you turn it upside down asap and pop out the board), if not you're screwed. I bought a brand new laptop, spilled OJ on it, nothing you can do except buy another one. It gave me an excuse to get an Alienware with a brazillion mb of memory.

Ok. Good luck.
My Fiance's dad is an insurance man, and doesn't think this will fly. Damn it, and it was such a good idea.

I threw up all over my lap top about two months ago. After cleaning it off and turning it on it seemed to work. I noticed that half of the keys would not work. I bought a replacement keyboard through Dell for around $60. After i replaced the keyboard the computer was like new.Give it a few days to dry out and see if it is still functional. If it is try to replace the keyboard.

I threw up all over my lap top about two months ago. After cleaning it off and turning it on it seemed to work. I noticed that half of the keys would not work. I bought a replacement keyboard through Dell for around $60. After i replaced the keyboard the computer was like new.Give it a few days to dry out and see if it is still functional. If it is try to replace the keyboard.
ummm... disgusting.