I Just Got Mugged In N.o.

:club: Good Lord. Glad your alive man. Leave now if you can.I played tournament Volleyball for over a year years ago and have been thru New Orleans several times. EVERY time we went we and /or someone either got followed or harrassed. I hate to say this since that City has been hit so hard, but it is a scary place and I will never go back.Best of luck to you man. Get on a plane asap.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That robber is the only person ever to get paid off his bullets he had. I take it the robber doesn't play online.
"Robbers' bullets get paid off" Hilarious, yet not funny at all.
:club: Good Lord. Glad your alive man. Leave now if you can.I played tournament Volleyball for over a year and have been thru New Orleans several times. EVERY time we went we and /or someone either got followed or harrassed. I hate to say this since that City has been hit so hard, but it is a scary place and I will never go back.Best of luck to you man. Get on a plane asap.
Irrelevant but the first time we went through N.O. it was spring break. We arrived at night and got lost. We made a right turn onto the street right by Harrah's and ended up driving our jeep in the middle of a parade. It was quite funny. 30 floats and a green Jeep in the middle. People were yelling "Woo-hoo!!" at us. We pretended we belonged and stayed with the pack for a good 10 minutes.

Guys, I watch a lot of tv, so I know about these things.Not only were the cops currupt, but one of them is actually the guy that robbed our friend. To top things off, he actually did get shot but doesn't know it yet because of the adrenalin still flowing through his body. Pretty soon he will have a siezure but nobody will know why until a devilishly handsome rogue doctor realizes that all these strange symptoms point to a bullet lodged in his left ankle. The good news is that a street savvy cop that's two days from retirement will realize that the robber was part of the force, and he'll go on a rampage kicking and karate chopping the bad guys until he gets your wallet back.Also, your long estranged father will come to the hospital to be by your side.Glad you're going to be ok.

Guys, I watch a lot of tv, so I know about these things.Not only were the cops currupt, but one of them is actually the guy that robbed our friend. To top things off, he actually did get shot but doesn't know it yet because of the adrenalin still flowing through his body. Pretty soon he will have a siezure but nobody will know why until a devilishly handsome rogue doctor realizes that all these strange symptoms point to a bullet lodged in his left ankle. The good news is that a street savvy cop that's two days from retirement will realize that the robber was part of the force, and he'll go on a rampage kicking and karate chopping the bad guys until he gets your wallet back.Also, your long estranged father will come to the hospital to be by your side.Glad you're going to be ok.
lolololololololol
nh sirrrrrrrrr

I've been mugged three times and this sounds like bullcrap to me.If you got shot at, you'd know for sure. It's not a 'maybe' type of thing.You'd also remember exactly what the guy said to you because it would be repeating in your head contantly for the next week. His tone of voice, his accent, everything would be crystal clear in your memory.I don't know about this one.Ryan

I've been mugged three times and this sounds like bullcrap to me.If you got shot at, you'd know for sure. It's not a 'maybe' type of thing.You'd also remember exactly what the guy said to you because it would be repeating in your head contantly for the next week. His tone of voice, his accent, everything would be crystal clear in your memory.I don't know about this one.Ryan
Why would he lie?Plus, they do study after study on this subject and find that crime victims don't remember their incident accurately at all.If you get shot at while running for your life you may not notice it at all.Bottom line is that JC has been one of our most open posters. He discusses details about his finance and a little about his personal life, what is his motivation to lie?
When I was held up at gunpoint, I remember very little -- the end of a gun, the race of the would-be robbers, and waiting to get shot in the back. I wouldn't have known if they had shot, because the adrenaline had blocked my senses as I ran. It felt like complete silence.
Not to offend any NO residents, but there aren't many places I'd less like to be then there. :-/If I'm going to play any circuit events prior to July, it would be the upcoming Lake Tahoe series.
Ha, not going to NO was the first poker related decision I made correctly in weeks!When I first started reading the thread, I thought JC was joking, but I guess not. I left him a voice mail, so hopefully I hear back from him soon with details.
You're right, he didnt shoot...I thought he did, today, sober and all I realize he didnt, he ran off with the gun pointed at me and I ran in the other direction.It's not as "clear" as you say it "should be" I lived in one of the most dangerous places in the world, and I know how to deal with situations like this and I did, the result itself was not a bad one at all, I could care less about the money he took from me, Im just glad nothing happened...basically he said "let me see your wallet" and took me to a side street off burboun (sp?) I felt the gun press on the upper part of my back (then head/neck area) and I just froze I took out my wallet and opened it, he reached in and grabbed money from the first money pocket (my wallet has two openings for where to put money) I didnt struggle at all and he just took off... for some reason, (adrenaline I guess) I first ran in his direction which is when he pointed it to me then I ran the other way... I ran for a few blocks and got to a gas station, pretty panicked and out of breath, the cops were there in a few minutes and asked me the following questions:"what did he look like" me: "black guy with corn roles""ok that's an extremely vague description, what was his face like"me: I dont know"what do you expect us to do about this then?""you have no description, you still have $100 in your wallet (I had about $450, which was a pretty big mistake on my part) and you still have your wallet. sir, you are intoxicated and I dont believe a word you're saying."me: what do you mean? "sir this matter is over" - At this point the officer turned around and literally laughed at me with the other cops.he saw my passport when I was taking stuff out of my pockets, and said "you know I have the right to send you back to Mexico, blah blah blah" which is bullshi[/size=2]t because he doesnt, and I have a visa that allows me to live in the states. Point is, nothing was going to get resolved and they told me to walk back to my hotel, I told them they were insane and they should _at least_ give me a ride. The officer that gave me a ride was a different one, he said "you know you just occupied four police officers for absolutely nothing, right?" I tried to explain to him and he said "I dont want to hear anything from you." (in an extremely angry way)As if that wasnt enough he decides to verify wether or not I was lying about my hotel too. he came down and took me to the front desk so that they could verify. Anyway, the OP might have been a bit off, because like I said I was a bit wasted/scared and I was still confused about what exactly happened, in those moments of adrenaline its kinda hard to remember stuff clearly until you've had time to think about it. The base of the OP is dead on though, I WAS robbed at gunpoint, the cops WERE idiots and aholes, I have absolutely zero need to lie about anything like this, and frankly suggesting that I might be is just retarded.I was deciding on wether or not I should leave but I figured I've went through too much to just leave without doing what I came here to do. This city is literally a dumpster and I don't recommend coming AT ALL.

Just want to throw this out there, but with the right lawyer a discrimination suit against the city of NO could bankroll your pro turn. That's ridiculous that they treated you that way, and you can bet it was more because of your appearance than anything else. Louisiana police officers are the absolute worst in the country, I've heard it from so many sources it's unbelievable. You really shouldn't let that shit stand.

"what did he look like" me: "black guy with corn roles""ok that's an extremely vague description, what was his face like"me: I dont know"what do you expect us to do about this then?""you have no description, you still have $100 in your wallet (I had about $450, which was a pretty big mistake on my part) and you still have your wallet. sir, you are intoxicated and I dont believe a word you're saying."me: what do you mean? "sir this matter is over" - At this point the officer turned around and literally laughed at me with the other cops.
seriously though aj...what are the cops supposed to do? some drunk kid with $100 in his wallet says he was just robbed by a black guy. i don't doubt some of them are racist and corrupt (and assholes)...but there was nothing they could do in this particular situation.
You're right, he didnt shoot...I thought he did, today, sober and all I realize he didnt, he ran off with the gun pointed at me and I ran in the other direction.It's not as "clear" as you say it "should be" I lived in one of the most dangerous places in the world, and I know how to deal with situations like this and I did, the result itself was not a bad one at all, I could care less about the money he took from me, Im just glad nothing happened...basically he said "let me see your wallet" and took me to a side street off burboun (sp?) I felt the gun press on the upper part of my back (then head/neck area) and I just froze I took out my wallet and opened it, he reached in and grabbed money from the first money pocket (my wallet has two openings for where to put money) I didnt struggle at all and he just took off... for some reason, (adrenaline I guess) I first ran in his direction which is when he pointed it to me then I ran the other way... I ran for a few blocks and got to a gas station, pretty panicked and out of breath, the cops were there in a few minutes and asked me the following questions:"what did he look like" me: "black guy with corn roles""ok that's an extremely vague description, what was his face like"me: I dont know"what do you expect us to do about this then?""you have no description, you still have $100 in your wallet (I had about $450, which was a pretty big mistake on my part) and you still have your wallet. sir, you are intoxicated and I dont believe a word you're saying."me: what do you mean? "sir this matter is over" - At this point the officer turned around and literally laughed at me with the other cops.he saw my passport when I was taking stuff out of my pockets, and said "you know I have the right to send you back to Mexico, blah blah blah" which is bullshi[/size=2]t because he doesnt, and I have a visa that allows me to live in the states. Point is, nothing was going to get resolved and they told me to walk back to my hotel, I told them they were insane and they should _at least_ give me a ride. The officer that gave me a ride was a different one, he said "you know you just occupied four police officers for absolutely nothing, right?" I tried to explain to him and he said "I dont want to hear anything from you." (in an extremely angry way)As if that wasnt enough he decides to verify wether or not I was lying about my hotel too. he came down and took me to the front desk so that they could verify. Anyway, the OP might have been a bit off, because like I said I was a bit wasted/scared and I was still confused about what exactly happened, in those moments of adrenaline its kinda hard to remember stuff clearly until you've had time to think about it. The base of the OP is dead on though, I WAS robbed at gunpoint, the cops WERE idiots and aholes, I have absolutely zero need to lie about anything like this, and frankly suggesting that I might be is just retarded.I was deciding on wether or not I should leave but I figured I've went through too much to just leave without doing what I came here to do. This city is literally a dumpster and I don't recommend coming AT ALL.
Ok, fair enough. Sorry for questioning you.I got attacked by a guy with a golfclub on the streets of Queens once, and I called the cops. They treated me the exact same way you were treated, it doesn't feel good. I'm trying to tell them that this guy attacked me with a goddamn golf club and they acted like I was wasting thier time. Unbelievable.I get over a third of my paycheck taken away ever week to pay for those retards families to eat. The least they could do is take me seriously, ya know? I was scared half to death and still get jumpy sometimes because of what happened. So, anyway. Sorry for questioning you and I'm sorry you were treated that way by the police. I know how that feels and it sucks. I actually filed a formal complaint with the NYPD(maybe a bad choice?) and they didn't do anything about it either.Ryan
seriously though aj...what are the cops supposed to do? some drunk kid with $100 in his wallet says he was just robbed by a black guy. i don't doubt some of them are racist and corrupt (and assholes)...but there was nothing they could do in this particular situation.
Heh, just talked to JC.The cops were black as well, so I'm sure his description might have offended them. Not an excuse of course, but I can see how that might irritate them a bit. :-)
sss.09032005.black.crime.katrina.looter.beer.small.jpgNew Orleans... My kind of town.
They should have just left the damn levy's alone and re-named the place"New Orleans Bay". All the crack houses would have made a great reef for aquatic life andsport fishing would have been the new attraction. Glad to hear you're all right and staying to do what you're there for. Now get on the first plane out of there the second the tournament is over and never look back :club: