I Killed This Tourney In Jersey. Read About It Here. Quite Fun.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped reading when I got to the part where you were raising PF and playing like a maniac when the blinds were tiny and the table was totally fishy.
Too bad for you. You missed out on some good reading.Ryan
I love it.Did all those players get to that game via short bus?Where in Jersey is it? I'd like to play. It would be good to tell my wife for once that I can guarantee cashing....
Can't say where it is due to employment status. I can't blow up my bosses spot.Yeah, you're totally guaranteed a cash. There were 27 players and they paid 6. Have you ever heard of such a thing?Ryan
Actually, I'm not. Should I be worried?Ryan
Ok, I was about to flame you incessantly because the poker story makes you seem pretty arrogant...but I just read your "New York Moment" story.That was really good shit.

no disrepspect, but I would lay 2-1 odds you've read tucker max before. good job ventriloquizing him, but you're not a writer either...

Proofreading is your friend:

The next hand I was dealt 7-5 off-suit and raised to $200 from early-middleposition. Don’t tell me this a bad play because I know that it usually is. However, in this case I had already established control over the table and was willing to toss away $200 chips to keep that control. I needed them to think that anytime they get involved with me in a pot, that I would make them play for their entire stack on any given hand. That doesn’t work against solid competition, but I thought this was an exception. Anyway, the small blind called and I’m now going to play a pot out of position with a 7-5.
And you say you've played poker for many years and some of the best young competition.

"The next hand I was dealt 7-5 off-suit and raised to $200 from early-middle position.... ::snip reasoning behind this move::.... Anyway, the small blind called and I’m now going to play a pot out of position with a 7-5. Am I worried?"Well, I would be a tad bit worried about the integrity of the game if the small blind somehow had position on me in this situation.Interesting read...

WOW what an arrogant and lame piece of writing. There is some hate for ya. Also get off your high horse you are probably not as good as you say you are hence the $40 tourney. Nice that no one rebought in your story though it was a rebuy tourney, so I assume you left that out. Creative license I guess.Eh whatever, i'm glad you feel good about yourself...

no disrepspect, but I would lay 2-1 odds you've read tucker max before. good job ventriloquizing him, but you're not a writer either...
Yes, I have read Tucker Max. I also read alot of Maddox. This is quite appareant as I have them both linked in the margin of the page you were just on.Good detective work.It's actually a pretty popular style in which to write. He didn't originate it. He's just one of the best at it. Is this news?Ryan

You sound like quite a jackass. I can see acting like this kind of obnoxious 'tard at a home game with some buddies, but not among strangers. You're lucky you didn't get *****-slapped by someone when you laughed at them while showing them a bluff. I know I would have been sorely tempted.In short, it's not a poorly written narrative (though it's not well-written either), but the main character comes across as a WPT-watching, arrogant assclown. If that was your intention, then "Ni' han', sah."