What's The Biggest Downswing You've Had In Limit

Wow...checky and j-boogs are like two different people outside the FCPHUL forums not even ONE "yo mama..."? :club:
LOL. i mean, i saw jay's mom, a raccoon, and a gila monster doing something at once intriguing and repulsive last night behind a dumpster on ossington.better? :D
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read my thread in the Bad Beat forum... I had my worst online limit session yesterday. Today has been no better. I still haven't checked how much I lost today, but I'm sure it was alot. I have the blinder software on so I have no clue whether I'm up or done since I play so many tables. I'm trying to keep myself busy so that I won't have to look at my balance. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to reload my account.

aw, it must be the sweet talk like that that gets you in the pants of those farm animals, eh? :D seriously, though, i don't plan on quitting them long-term. i just do rely on poker for at least 1/2 of my income, and i can't really afford to take the long breaks that i used to (when running so badly) now that my bankroll has been decimated. i am also starting to find online poker a bit boring (this is a bad sign as i gear up to go fully professional in 6 months or so) outside of tourney play, so for the time being, my LHE cash games are limited to the live stuff for the most part, and i'm playing tourneys online to hopefully hit a decent score and get back where i want to be. i've cashed in my last 5 or so (if aces could hold up pf late, i'd have 3 top 3s), so things are beginning to turn around.
That's pretty much the toughest thing about being a professional, having to play during the times you don't feel like it. Breaks sure do feel relaxing and great, but don't help pay the bills. I'm pretty much immune to bad runs, because they happen all the time. I've always been able to recover from a downswing eventually, sometimes it takes a while, but I do always recover. I find LHE cash games to be often boring too, unless I'm playing outside of my bankroll, then it becomes fun :club:. As a relief, I'll nutbar lower limits and have some fun just gambling. Playing your A game all the time is something that nobody does and all of us need some kind of relief from playing it all the time.
Read my thread in the Bad Beat forum... I had my worst online limit session yesterday. Today has been no better. I still haven't checked how much I lost today, but I'm sure it was alot. I have the blinder software on so I have no clue whether I'm up or done since I play so many tables. I'm trying to keep myself busy so that I won't have to look at my balance. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to reload my account.
Read it. wow.
Just checked my balance... WTF! I lost a little over 6,000 in two hours. How is that possible? I know I lost two monsters with boats losing to quads, but where did the rest of the money go? I think gremlins stole my money! This is getting old... pouring through my hand histories after losing sessions. I know I didn't tilt today. You just know when you have been playing bad when you end a session. For those who play mid-limits.. do you play on Party Poker? I need to play against other players who are running bad. I have less than 5 grand left in my account!!!!!!!!!! Anyone wanna help a brother out? Time to reload. I'm going to go vomit on my dog and run into traffic. I'll probable just have sex instead. Variance is the mother of all f ups.On a side note: should I stop using Blinder? I literally almost **** my pants when I saw my balance. Any one else use it?
Just checked my balance... WTF! I lost a little over 6,000 in two hours. How is that possible? I know I lost two monsters with boats losing to quads, but where did the rest of the money go? I think gremlins stole my money! This is getting old... pouring through my hand histories after losing sessions. I know I didn't tilt today. You just know when you have been playing bad when you end a session. For those who play mid-limits.. do you play on Party Poker? I need to play against other players who are running bad. I have less than 5 grand left in my account!!!!!!!!!! Anyone wanna help a brother out? Time to reload. I'm going to go vomit on my dog and run into traffic. I'll probable just have sex instead. Variance is the mother of all f ups.
I realize it's a shock when you lose the most you ever have in 1 day in just a couple hrs, but it's the nature of online poker. Huge swings both positive and negative happen all the time and very quickly too. Unfortunately, you can't do anything about it other than perhaps taking a break. Being the sick person I am, I usually go right back at it the next day.BTW: I believe we should start having Support Groups for running bad, kinda like Gamblers Annonymous, except it won't be annonymous :club:
the title pretty much sums it up...what's the biggest downswing you guys have had in limit holdem?
Last week I lost 140BBEverything was going wrong losingSet over setBoat to Bigger boatAnd the worst of all flopping top boat and losing to runner runner quads.¡¿¿¡But I`m re building at a lower limit.
I realize it's a shock when you lose the most you ever have in 1 day in just a couple hrs, but it's the nature of online poker. Huge swings both positive and negative happen all the time and very quickly too. Unfortunately, you can't do anything about it other than perhaps taking a break. Being the sick person I am, I usually go right back at it the next day.BTW: I believe we should start having Support Groups for running bad, kinda like Gamblers Annonymous, except it won't be annonymous :club:
You think your sick... I want to put the rest of the roll on black! Playing 4-6 tables is suppose to cut down on variance, I miss the 35 hands an hour pace of live limit. I NEED MY RAKEBACK MONEY NOW! I'm just kidding, I know that this is poker and stuff like this happens. I just though I figured it out, know what I mean. I'm still beating the game for a little under 2BB/100, but I thought the fountain would never be shut off. This is just a rude awakening. I think it's time to drop to 10-20 or 15-30; maybe even 5-10. I don't want to re-deposit a full roll. Once again, does anyone else use Blinder? I can't tell if its good or bad? I'm sure if I realized how much I was stuck I prob would have played bad. But I might also have shut the computer off and called it a day.
Playing 4-6 tables is suppose to cut down on variance
that is a fallacy.Your Variance per hour actually increases, while your Variance per hand stays the same.The Expected Variance of the Average Winnings/Losings of your 6 tables combined over a fixed period has less variance than the winnig/losings of a single table over the same period, however.bottom line: Likely hood of losing 500 BB in 2 hours goes way up 6 tabling as compared to 1 tabling.
You think your sick... I want to put the rest of the roll on black! Playing 4-6 tables is suppose to cut down on variance, I miss the 35 hands an hour pace of live limit. I NEED MY RAKEBACK MONEY NOW! I'm just kidding, I know that this is poker and stuff like this happens. I just though I figured it out, know what I mean. I'm still beating the game for a little under 2BB/100, but I thought the fountain would never be shut off. This is just a rude awakening. I think it's time to drop to 10-20 or 15-30; maybe even 5-10. I don't want to re-deposit a full roll. Once again, does anyone else use Blinder? I can't tell if its good or bad? I'm sure if I realized how much I was stuck I prob would have played bad. But I might also have shut the computer off and called it a day.
this is a semi-falsehood. all it does is make you see more hands/hr, which means that you're cutting down on your real-time variance, not your hand-by-hand variance, if that distinction makes sense. your BB/100 will probably also be marginally lower, so technically that should increase the likelihood of going on a super bad run.i'm sure you know that, but it's important to clarify the point when it comes up, just in case someone takes it the wrong way.and jay, by "gambler's support group," you mean you're paying my rent for the next couple months, right? :club:

Damn...I play small limits, but, I have never lost more than two buy ins in a day.Seems I can always play to even (almost always), and most of the time win a little...then I step up and donk it off at a higher limit.I need to work on my aggression, it's hard to eat like a bird and **** like an elephant.

*****************180 BB'sto me though, main thing is "How long between new highs"I'd rarther lose 100BB and get back above my former BankRoll high within 1500 hands, than go 10k hands with no progress.I went 4100 hands of profitless Limit.
Biggest upswing was 150BB, followed by my biggest downswing of 200 BB. Oh, and breaking even does suck: 48k hands and I've only won 175$ (.5/1 thru 2/4).
250 BB's
Finally a good answer. But you suck at poker, so it could be just that.<----250-300ish. In live poker, too. Never had more than a 16k break even spell or 130BB downswing online.