Agreed. Just seeing one car is not a revelation of what's all in the garage. Maybe he just don't care for cars. In other words, other than the materialism, money, and greed, status and symbolism, how did you like Vegas? LMAO. ... --------------http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huck_SeedJust information.------------Also, 10/20 might keep his daily cash out under that t*a*x radar. Just a thought.
I don't think he's worried about the tax issue. If you could beat the 4k/8k game, would you worry about the tax implications? I doubt it.Some rich people are just frugal. Warren Buffet doesn't drive around in an expensive car and he is worth 40 billion dollars.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow- Driving a nice car defines you as a man? That is really a sad statement. I know lots of people who really enjoy cars and drive very nice cars. I also know very wealthy people who see cars as nothing more than a tool and drive older well running vehicles. Many people have their particular thing, maybe it is a big house, a nice car, jewelry, etc. But to project your priorities onto someone else becuase they don't prioritze things the same way is very self obsorbed. If I don't wear a Rolex or drive a new car then I am less of a man? Please.
Did I say it defines you as a man? No, I said you want to be be respected as a man. Part of being respected is the image people maintain. I mean really, why fix your hair if you dont care? Why where matching clothes? Why not wear socks with Sandals? Its all an image thing. Not everyone gets to know to know your true self.
Agreed. Just seeing one car is not a revelation of what's all in the garage. Maybe he just don't care for cars. In other words, other than the materialism, money, and greed, status and symbolism, how did you like Vegas? LMAO. ... --------------http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huck_SeedJust information.------------Also, 10/20 might keep his daily cash out under that t*a*x radar. Just a thought.
Seriously, you think he has a bunch of nice cars in his multi car garage? I understand that a vehicle isn't everything but come on, its over 100 degrees right now and the average new car air conditioner lasts 5 years out here. Cars in general take the worst of it here, you have to get oil changes sooner than other places b/c of the extreme heat. You would think someone that could afford it would just get a new car than deal with all the time consuming repair that an older car will go through here. nutswing_v1.gif

If you work/live just to gather material goods you are doomed to be miserable.Maybe huck seed is saving every penny to buy a ranch in Montana, you don't know.

Did I say it defines you as a man? No, I said you want to be be respected as a man. Part of being respected is the image people maintain. I mean really, why fix your hair if you dont care? Why where matching clothes? Why not wear socks with Sandals? Its all an image thing. Not everyone gets to know to know your true self.Seriously, you think he has a bunch of nice cars in his multi car garage? I understand that a vehicle isn't everything but come on, its over 100 degrees right now and the average new car air conditioner lasts 5 years out here. Cars in general take the worst of it here, you have to get oil changes sooner than other places b/c of the extreme heat. You would think someone that could afford it would just get a new car than deal with all the time consuming repair that an older car will go through here. nutswing_v1.gif
Not wanting to start/continue an argument ... I'll just concede that Huck Seed is broke.
Im not sure what Huck's bankroll is like, but all I know is he drives 90-93 infiniti, so I am assuming its not huge.
First off, are we sure he drives a 93 Infiniti? If so, then how do we know. Also it seems like a lot of professional poker players don't have amazing cars. DN has one of the largest bankrolls and drives a Lexus, which don't get me wrong is a great car but not something like a Ferrari considering he is a millionaire and regular people have Lexuses. Also in the Professor, Banker and Suicide King, Ted Forrest is stated having a mid 90's Mark VII or III which is another standard car. Regardless of what he drives or whatever, he is not broke and one of the most underrated pro's around. I wish we could get DN's imput to this thread and confirm some things that are resembling to be rumors about good ol' Huckleberry.

It could be a 92 and not a 93. How are you sure? Because I told you so. Don't believe me? Fine. Ted Forrest had a mid 90's Mark 8, that is all and good. The time frame in this book was also 5 years ago and a Mark 8 is a luxery automobile. Plus were was Ted's bankroll at according to that book? on the felt. How is Daniel's 65K Lexus is not a nice car? I never said your car has to be an equivelent percentage of your bankroll, i just said that if you can afford it, a nice (we all have different opinions of what nice is, I am maintaing a good conditioned automobile) car is something most desire. Im not saying Huck is broke, but you maintaining that he isn't is also impossible for us to know, so stop swinging.

You people are hilarious. You all are trying to argue about something that is irrelevent. That being said, look at this logically. From what we've gathered in this discussion, He drives a crappy car for someone who is supposed to be at worst "well off". He also plays low limits that are MUCH lower that his skill level. (He could beat higher NL games for just as big ?/hr rate). Don't defend him just because you are a fan of him. If you look at it from a more logical point of view, it shows that he most likely does not have a very huge bank roll. I could be very wrong but my logic is correct based on what I've heard and read about him. Most of you are going off what you think of him as a person or how you percieve him to be. You can't just say, "no, theres no way he's not rich because he's just a weird guy who doesn't like to spend money". Thats ludacris. Everyone likes nice things in this world. Yes there are exceptions. Some people don't buy them for various good reasons but comon. We are talking about a poker player here. Poker players love to make money and love to gamble. Those don't go hand in hand with not liking to spend money.

It could be a 92 and not a 93. How are you sure? Because I told you so. Don't believe me? Fine. Ted Forrest had a mid 90's Mark 8, that is all and good. The time frame in this book was also 5 years ago and a Mark 8 is a luxery automobile. Plus were was Ted's bankroll at according to that book? on the felt. How is Daniel's 65K Lexus is not a nice car? I never said your car has to be an equivelent percentage of your bankroll, i just said that if you can afford it, a nice (we all have different opinions of what nice is, I am maintaing a good conditioned automobile) car is something most desire. Im not saying Huck is broke, but you maintaining that he isn't is also impossible for us to know, so stop swinging.
Hmmm why can't you just say you saw him before or something. You are just making yourself look dishonest and a jerk. Still can't believe everyone believes that Seed is broke. He is highly respected by all the top pro's and plays in all the biggest buy in tourneys. WANT PROOF: In just last week's episode of the NBC Heads Up Championship, he was still competing in 25k buy in tourney in which he beat Barry Greenstein who is one of the top players in the world. Not to mention Scott Fischman was interviewed and stated that he picked Seed to win it all even when he had to play him the round before.I think that shows Seed has the money, respect, skill and discipline.
Hmmm why can't you just say you saw him before or something. You are just making yourself look dishonest and a jerk. Still can't believe everyone believes that Seed is broke. He is highly respected by all the top pro's and plays in all the biggest buy in tourneys. WANT PROOF: In just last week's episode of the NBC Heads Up Championship, he was still competing in 25k buy in tourney in which he beat Barry Greenstein who is one of the top players in the world. Not to mention Scott Fischman was interviewed and stated that he picked Seed to win it all even when he had to play him the round before.I think that shows Seed has the money, respect, skill and discipline.
Winning does not mean you are not broke.look at matasow he is a great player that has bad habbits and is always broke.
Winning does not mean you are not broke.look at matasow he is a great player that has bad habbits and is always broke.
Good point but Matusow can't really be compared to Seed. Mike Matusow is no Huck Seed. We really need DN's take on Huck to straigten up some loose ends and rumors.

Stuey Ungar was arguably the best player ever, but he broke very often. Not sure where i read or heard it, but some pro said he buys stuff to show for his winnings, so he can live well all the time, thick and thin. I doubt Huck is broke, he plays big buy in tourneys, obviously has the respect and skill, maybe he has a bad habit or whatever, i dont know, and i doubt anyone else does unles you know him personally. He also makes big side bets (perhaps a 'bad' habit, perhaps not). But Im not sure if this thread is about whether he is broke or a good player. I think that he is defo a good player but may or may not have the money to show for it. Forrest and Matusow have bad habits (Forrst bets on craps and roulette and Matusows list is about as long as my arm) but are still great poker players.Also, he must get money from deals with full tilt too.

Huck Seed is one of my favourite players - it's too bad that there's no video of his WSOP win - some of those old videos are pretty entertaining.It seems like Huck Seed's biggest problem in tournaments these days is endurance - he seems to almost always get off to a solid start (including last years' WSOP main event and the past few WPT events he's played), but then go out suddenly when he gets tired and loses focus.

i have lived and played poker in vegas (years ago) anyway incase you dont know doyle and mike sexton cleaned huck out playing golf ~ over 700k and huck has never been the same since. (bankroll wise)also huck does NOT play a lot of tornys and in some cases has taken on partners to fund his play.as for the 10-20 no limit ~ how much action do you think a former world champ gets at that limit (SICK).i could go on but much would be from the rumor mill and might not be true

Just a reminder that Huck is playing Ferguson in the final 4 right now on the NBC Heads Up Poker Championship.

i dont know about live but somebody who beats the 10 20 nl game online at a good rate is making close to 1m a year,
10/20 NL is not too shabby at all. Isn't the highest live 25/50 or maybe 50/100 NL in Vegas?
10/20 NL is not too shabby at all. Isn't the highest live 25/50 or maybe 50/100 NL in Vegas?
there is not a lot of 50-100 games out there at any given time would be my thoughtthe highest in LA is 25-50 I think
It seems like Huck Seed's biggest problem in tournaments these days is endurance - he seems to almost always get off to a solid start (including last years' WSOP main event and the past few WPT events he's played), but then go out suddenly when he gets tired and loses focus.
Where are you getting this from?Right before the 07 WSOP Phil Gordon made a bunch of picks who he thought had the best chance of winning the ME in bluff magazine.One of his picks was Huck Seed because of his great endurance and stamina.
Where are you getting this from?Right before the 07 WSOP Phil Gordon made a bunch of picks who he thought had the best chance of winning the ME in bluff magazine.One of his picks was Huck Seed because of his great endurance and stamina.
Is Phil doing that crystal ball trick again?
Other than the year of the WSOP, the whole statement is corerct. I have also read about pro's complimenting Huck about those aspects of his game as well as his great table demeanor.

The problem may be Huck plays a ton of cash games in the evenings and thus does not get a ton of sleep before the event. His stamina may allow him to play a ton of hours, but if he plays cash games all evening he is not going to be extremely sharp during the tournament in the day. He is going to be even less sharp if he does it consistently, which I am sure he does.

You people are hilarious. You all are trying to argue about something that is irrelevent. That being said, look at this logically. From what we've gathered in this discussion, He drives a crappy car for someone who is supposed to be at worst "well off". He also plays low limits that are MUCH lower that his skill level. (He could beat higher NL games for just as big ?/hr rate). Don't defend him just because you are a fan of him. If you look at it from a more logical point of view, it shows that he most likely does not have a very huge bank roll. I could be very wrong but my logic is correct based on what I've heard and read about him. Most of you are going off what you think of him as a person or how you percieve him to be. You can't just say, "no, theres no way he's not rich because he's just a weird guy who doesn't like to spend money". Thats ludacris. Everyone likes nice things in this world. Yes there are exceptions. Some people don't buy them for various good reasons but comon. We are talking about a poker player here. Poker players love to make money and love to gamble. Those don't go hand in hand with not liking to spend money.
Hmmm. He's driving a 92? He won in 1995? You would think he would have bought a new car then and "still be driving" that 1995 around.