Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $5/$105 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) econ_tim is UTG with 7 :D 7 :)econ_tim raises, CO calls, Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, econ_tim calls, CO calls.Flop: 9 :) 8 :D 4 :D (8.5SB, 3 players)SB bets, econ_tim raises, CO folds, SB calls.Turn: 6 :club: (6.25BB, 2 players)SB checks, econ_tim bets, SB calls.River: J :) (8.25BB, 2 players)SB checks, econ_tim checks.Results:Final pot: 8.25BB villain is 56/40/1 over small sample ok?? i really think i'm good on the river, but don't want to risk getting c/red (which i would have to call because i don't trust villain).

I really wouldn't like betting the river here.You have to keep in mind that a x/40's 3betting range includes A8/K9 type hands, and he could easily be planning a CR.nh.

I like it. Btw tim, does'nt full tilt have tough cash games?
sometimes the games are tight, but they aren't full of expert players. the hard part is finding an open seat.
I really wouldn't like betting the river here.You have to keep in mind that a x/40's 3betting range includes A8/K9 type hands, and he could easily be planning a CR.
Villain won't be check raising the river with A8/K9.But he will call down with it and beat you.AJ/KJs may check raise you.Those seem to be the only hands you must fear.Overpairs would have given you more action earlier.
BET RIVER!
I suppose he may still call a river bet with a big Ace.So you would need to weigh the odds of him making this crying call vs the odds that he has one of the hands mentioned above.--cm
BET RIVER!
if this is a value bet, it's pretty thinvillain will pay off with AK, AQ, AT and 55 maybepossible check/raises coming from KJ, AJ, QJ QT and airand there is some possibility of A8s or K8s

I don't really want to pay off a check/raise here, or face one for that matter, so I check behind as well. If the villain was very unlikely to c/r, I'd bet without even thinking about it though.

BET RIVER!
why? if we get called, I'm not sure how much he's calling us with that we beat enough to be good 55% of the time, and we have to fold to a CR. Looks like a pretty easy check to me