The Mandatory First Royal Flush Thread

After years of playing on a very regular basis it finally happened.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to HERO [T :heart: K :heart: ]Villian: raises $1 to $2HERO: calls $1.50Villian 2: calls $1*** FLOP *** [J :heart: J :club: Q :heart: ]HERO: checks Villian 2: checks Villian: bets $4HERO: calls $4Villian 2: folds *** TURN *** [J :heart: J :club: Q :heart: ] [A :heart: ]HERO: checks Villian: checks *** RIVER *** [J :heart: J :club: Q :heart: A :heart: ] [4 :diamond: ]HERO: bets $8Villian: calls $8*** SHOW DOWN ***HERO: shows [T :heart: K :heart: ] (a Royal Flush)Villian: mucks hand HERO collected $30 from pot

its not thats its mandatory, some think it is standard

I've been playing less than a year, and have at least two, maybe three. I must be way better than you.

Fold Preflop and Flop.
As much as I appreciate the fact that you wish to give me advice on the hand I really don't need it. Preflop-this is a short handed table so I increase my selection of starting hands.Flop- I called preflop A) in the hopes of hitting a flop like this so I'm not folding to what seems to me like a standard continuation bet. B) I've got a fairly good read on this guy and have taken pots from him before oop by check calling his cont bet and then jamming the turn. I had every intention of jamming this turn whether I hit or not but I hit a huge card and was hoping to get payed off by checking it. The fact that he checked behind me told me he wasn't very strong and at that point I looked to just value bet the river. Villian called the river and mucked pocket 7's.

I got dealt a royal flush in five card draw (no jokers, and I had it before the draw) when playing with two or three friends just for pennies and for fun....haven't had one since over the next couple years....

Oh, I've got a mildly entertaining RF story:My 9 y/o son was interested in poker because I'd been playing online. Any time I'd get a face card online I'd say, oh look, I'm going to get a royal flush. Anyway, eventually he wanted to play me heads up live, just for fun. I watch as he shuffles the cards again and again, and on the very first hand he ever dealt me, I flopped a royal flush. I couldn't believe it. I used our line, oh look, a royal flush, and I went all-in. He didn't know whether to believe me. We were both shocked, I've never been close live again.It took him two months to earn his money back (just kidding, it was just for fun).

I dreamed I got a royal flush on Pstars last night. I ended up slow-rolling it on the river, I don't know why. I think it was because I wasn't sure I had it and I had to double check. I remember feeling bad about it, but the other guy didn't say anything. weird

I dreamed I got a royal flush on Pstars last night. I ended up slow-rolling it on the river, I don't know why. I think it was because I wasn't sure I had it and I had to double check. I remember feeling bad about it, but the other guy didn't say anything. weird
That was me in the dream, you slow rolling sob
I got dealt a royal flush in five card draw (no jokers, and I had it before the draw) when playing with two or three friends just for pennies and for fun....haven't had one since over the next couple years....
I was dealing 2-7 TD in a home game and dealt myself A :club: K :D Q :D T :D Q :). Obviously I folded, but since I was dealer I peeked at the card that would've been my draw and sure enough it was J :) . Kind of funny 'cause in that game it's the worst hand possible.
I was dealing 2-7 TD in a home game and dealt myself A :club: K :D Q :D T :D Q :). Obviously I folded, but since I was dealer I peeked at the card that would've been my draw and sure enough it was J :) . Kind of funny 'cause in that game it's the worst hand possible.
Should've pushed all in (if it was NL) and then showed them the most outrageous bluff ever after the draw...that'd be sweet. Show them the highest possible hand in a low hand game..lol....okay, maybe I'm the only one who is laughing right now.
Should've pushed all in (if it was NL) and then showed them the most outrageous bluff ever after the draw...that'd be sweet. Show them the highest possible hand in a low hand game..lol....okay, maybe I'm the only one who is laughing right now.
It was 2-7 TD, so it was played as a fixed limit game.

copy and paste to BAD BEAT FORUMSigned, Villian

After years of playing on a very regular basis it finally happened.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to HERO [T :heart: K :heart: ]Villian: raises $1 to $2HERO: calls $1.50Villian 2: calls $1*** FLOP *** [J :heart: J :club: Q :heart: ]HERO: checks Villian 2: checks Villian: bets $4HERO: calls $4Villian 2: folds *** TURN *** [J :heart: J :club: Q :heart: ] [A :heart: ]HERO: checks Villian: checks *** RIVER *** [J :heart: J :club: Q :heart: A :heart: ] [4 :diamond: ]HERO: bets $8Villian: calls $8*** SHOW DOWN ***HERO: shows [T :heart: K :heart: ] (a Royal Flush)Villian: mucks hand HERO collected $30 from pot