HiNL 1-1 (5 players)Hero $97Villan $70 Villan is new to table but seems to be lag , but seems to shutdown at a hint of trouble.hero in SB holding AA. It is folded to hero. hero raises to $4.00. Villn in BB calls.Flop 4,8,j rainbow.hero bets $6, villan calls.turn 4hero bets $14, villan calls.river 8hero checks, villan pushes all in for $46can i call?Did i play this hand ok? Thanks

I don't quite get your abbreviations and what not.You're saying this is heads up NL 0.5/$1 right?I suppose it really doesn't matter, you can't really call this bet at all. I would have bet hard on the turn, if not have gone all in.

I do not understand how a 3/4 pot bet on a completely uncoordinated flop is 'weak'.
J8x isnt all that uncoordinated. This is the type of board where he is paying you off with Jx no matter what.A line not brought up yet would be checkraising all in on the turn.

I would call. I expect to see 9-10 or a hand like AJ or KJ more than a hand with an 8 in it.

I think flop bet is okay, but turn bet is weak I think.... Betting 3/4th of pot on flop works....and he calls you so you see that he likes his hand somewhat..maybe a straight draw, maybe a JQ/KJ/JT, maybe J8 slowplaying two pair.....regardless he calls......but I see no reason to not bet the pot on the turn.....if he has a draw make him pay for it, he he has a J he will likely pay you off....if he has an 8 he may fold..or may call..and if has a 4 or the boathe'll raise all in and you'll have a decision to make...lot more hands that you are on the good side of though....so go ahead and bet the pot I say. As is....I don't think that you CAN'T call the river..he may just be pushing b/c of your weakness....depends on your read of him I suppose......

I do not understand the thinking in a lot of these posts that Villain is calling two large bets with any J on the flop and turn. Is there some piece of information to which I am not privy that shows Villain to be braindead? It is always correct to make draws pay a heavy price, but it is also correct to control the size of the pot. I think a lot of you are overlooking the importance of this strategy. One does not always want to play a huge pot with AA.

So that you can understand my state of mind at the time of this hand, Ill add thee following.It seems that in the last couple of weeks, many more LAGs than usual at the 1-1 level on Poker Room are willing to call pre flop with any two random cards, irrespective of pre flop raises. Ive been stung a large number of times in that period. So it becomes increasingly difficult to narrow out certain possible holdings. My gut in this hand had me believe that when the river hit with an 8, there was a 50-50 chance the villan was holding one of those two cards. My impression was probably clouded by my experiences in the last couple of weeks.In addition, I didnt think he would be calling down with a draw. I felt he had made contact with the board. So when the turn paired the board, I was already feeling nervous. Then when the river hit, I wasnt happy at all there.Irrespective of all of that, it is interesting to hear that my turn bet was too small. It is an adjustment I will make to my game effective immidiately.(wondering if the increased number of lags calling with any two cards has anything to do with Daniels new DVD. Im gonna have to get a copy and maybe all will become clear)

I likely fold the river expecting to be beat, although its a super marginal situation in my mind. I don't think you raised enough preflop, and many laggys will take a flyer here with any 2 cards. I've lost my stack numerous times because of hands just like this one. Too many hands that beat you, I think I fold.

Does the villian have A8? Is that possible?I fold on that river.
Since it's a battle of the blinds, I think A8 is possible. I also think a number of suited 8s are possible. However, I still think you're winning here more often than not.And I'm every level of those donks you listed!