Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $5/$109 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) econ_tim is Button with Q :D A :club: UTG calls, 2 folds, MP2 raises, 2 folds, econ_tim calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: A :) 4 :D T :) (8.5SB, 4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, econ_tim calls, BB calls, UTG folds.Turn: A :D (5.75BB, 3 players)BB checks, MP2 checks, econ_tim bets, BB calls, MP2 raises, econ_tim calls, BB calls.River: T :) (11.75BB, 3 players)BB checks, MP2 bets, econ_tim calls, . . . MP2 is solid as far as I know. BB is the type of player who calls 3 cold preflop with a pair of fours.

Lol, uh, wow...I 3-bet preflop, I raise flop, I 3-bet turn...the only part I like is the river call. Since MP likely has an A, you make an extra .5 BB when the BB calls, so I think calling is better than raising.

I'd 3-bet AQs, especially if the LP folds postflop too much. I thought I had a good chance of getting a multiway pot if I CC.
This was against an UTG raise, with you playing as UTG+1 - from the other thread.Now it's an MP2 raise and you're on the button.Why no 3bet?
This was against an UTG raise, with you playing as UTG+1 - from the other thread.Now it's an MP2 raise and you're on the button.Why no 3bet?
In the other example, my 3-bet likely isolates UTG. In this hand, the limper probably isn't going away. Here I have position, so I can weather a multiway pot. 3-betting here is the standard line, but I think cold-calling is OK sometimes. It makes it hard for observant opponents to read you. I know I hate it when people do this against me.

HmmNot gonna argue about the cold call preflop. Even though I 3-bet every time. Even if the limper comes along your equity is good.Not raising this flop is ridiculously bad. Protect your hand, get value, make money.Turn easy 3-bet as you played it.River is fine.

With the idiot in the hand, you really want to play because the solid player could be isolating. Also, you have position on the solid player, with a hand that fairs ok agianst his range (not great, but ok), but doesn't play well if the blinds come along. To discourage this, I think you should 3-bet pf.On the flop, your plan worked well. You have perfect relative position agianst the pf raiser, with a strong but vulnerable hand in a large multiway pot. You have to raise here.Turn looks good.River I may pop depending on how bad BB really is.

You guys are right. If this pot were bigger (say 16SB on the flop instead of 8SB) then I think my play would be right. But as it is I think raising the flop is best.

im ok with the flop cold call. i usually will play AQ raise or fold but with the ep limper in here i really don't mind a cold call.raise the flop.rest is good.

players who just call the river with the nuts or near to the nuts make be want to brush my teeth with broken glass
On this board it would be much better to attempt to get an overcall than to raise the river, you are probably splitting the pot.
players who just call the river with the nuts or near to the nuts make be want to brush my teeth with broken glass
players who make overly generalized statements and try (and fail miserably) to apply them to specific hands make me want to listen to Cher.
So just out of curiousity, with AQo, nobody ever listens to SSHE anymore.We are supposed to fold this to a raise. Just sayin.- Zach
Cause SSHE sucks. If i ever read the book i'm sure i'd realize I go against it nonstop. Basically thanks to the the accurate stats you can get on each player online nowadays its a lot more of playing your hand vs that players range then following a hand chart that generalizes.And yea I dont know if SSHE sucks or not as the part about me never reading it is true.
Cause SSHE sucks. If i ever read the book i'm sure i'd realize I go against it nonstop. Basically thanks to the the accurate stats you can get on each player online nowadays its a lot more of playing your hand vs that players range then following a hand chart that generalizes.And yea I dont know if SSHE sucks or not as the part about me never reading it is true.
Don't get me wrong, I'm playing AQo here too, I was just wondering about it.I do agree with your statement about individual stats etc making hand selection a lot more player dependant, table dependant, etc.- Zach