Free Showdown W/top Pair?

Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $5/$109 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) econ_tim is UTG+1 with T :club: A :DUTG raises, econ_tim calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button 3-bets, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, econ_tim calls, MP2 calls.Flop: Q :) K :D A :) (16SB, 5 players)SB checks, UTG bets, econ_tim calls, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB raises, UTG calls, econ_tim calls, Button calls.Turn: 5 :D (12BB, 4 players)SB bets, UTG calls, econ_tim raises, Button folds, SB calls, UTG calls.River: 6 :) (18BB, 3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, econ_tim . . . SB is loose/passive (35/10/1) and UTG is tight and somewhat passive (25/9/1.5) i'm not sure on the other streets either

How come your not folding preflop?I would'nt go for a free showdown in this spot because SB showed alot of strength by c/r the flop. He can easily 3-bet you on the turn, forcing you to invest another BB to see the river.The way you played it, I think you should check behind on the river as your likely behind.

I like the way you played it after the flop. You played the turn like your dick was 12 inches long. I would have folded preflop, though, given your read.Wang
Really you like the turn?You get 3-bet a ton and since your draw is a backdoor one you will be able to put 2 bets in on the river either way. So yea the turn raise is pretty poor i'd say.But for those who advocate it explain your reasoning
Really you like the turn?You get 3-bet a ton and since your draw is a backdoor one you will be able to put 2 bets in on the river either way. So yea the turn raise is pretty poor i'd say.But for those who advocate it explain your reasoning
I'm with you - I don't like the turn.A somewhat passive player check/raises 40 players on the flop and leads the turn. Sometimes he will have only a strong draw (or pair + strong draw), but usually he will have a very strong hand here. Also, you have to deal with UTG, who is also passive and lead into the field after it was 3-bet pf. On the turn you are drawing. I would rather call the turn and fold the river UI.

I dont even cold call an UTG raise from a 'tight passive' players with AQs in full ring.I do raise the flop though. And definitely dont raise the turn. You get 3bet a lot, and you face the button with two bets. A free showdown isnt all that valuable when you think it's highly improbable that the bettor is semi bluffing. You're definitely not raising for value, nor do you have much of any real shot at making better hands fold.

I dont even cold call an UTG raise from a 'tight passive' players with AQs in full ring.
I'd 3-bet AQs, especially if the LP folds postflop too much. I thought I had a good chance of getting a multiway pot if I CC.
I do raise the flop though.
Why? I doubt even gutshots are folding.
And definitely dont raise the turn. You get 3bet a lot, and you face the button with two bets. A free showdown isnt all that valuable when you think it's highly improbable that the bettor is semi bluffing. You're definitely not raising for value, nor do you have much of any real shot at making better hands fold.
This sounds good. I guess the only thing I was worried about was the SB being retarded. I also wouldn't mind folding 2nd or 3rd pairs if I were ahead. And since most of my outs are to the nuts, I don't gain much equity by folding worse hands when I'm currently second best.
I'd 3-bet AQs, especially if the LP folds postflop too much. I thought I had a good chance of getting a multiway pot if I CC.
Why would you 3bet an utg tight/passive raise with AQ? After looking at the post again, the guy is 25/9... so that isnt really tight or passive. But that's how you described him in the original post.
Why? I doubt even gutshots are folding.
So then you win more.Based on the information you have up to that point, it's for value.
Based on the information you have up to that point, it's for value.
The pot is so big, I would rather give up the value I get from a flop raise in exchange for better protection with a turn raise.re: UTG being loose or tight, I play so much SH now that I forgot that TAGs have VP$IP around 20 in full games

Hands that bet the turn after getting callers on the flop will less often be the type of bets that you want to raise. Especially if someone else calls behind you. A pair+gutshot, flush draw or weak top pair might decide to check/call the turn. TPTK or better will bet virtually every time.Also -20% is the cutoff point between tight and semi-loose according to pokertracker.