Hoosier is right here. In some cases, you may want to "take the pot down" when it is big enough. At certain stages of the tourney, this is the ideal play.But in the early and middle stages, sometimes a good risk/reward situation presents itself. You need to take chances to accumulate and win, and what better hand to take such a calculated risk here than with AA. If you fear going broke, you will either go broke or bubble and OCCASSIONALLY win when things go your way.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not about to get in some argument. You believe that you are correct, that is fine. Unfortunately for your bankroll you are wrong.Don't forget that the 2 short stacks who were all in pre were very short and I was looking to create a side pot to try to win a big pot instead of winning a tiny one. I got my wish...I just got unlucky. If you arent trying to create big pots where the majority of the pot has your opponent drawing to 5 outs...then I doubt you are doing very well in tourneys.Seriously, stop playing results. It is bad for your game.
Here is the bottom line... Pocket aces does not play well against hree other players all-in. I agree not to look at results, but it was the wrong play to smooth call regardless of what he may have called with. you can go on about how you hae mae more money than other people. it doe snot mean that even the great Hoosier cannot misplay
Here is the bottom line... Pocket aces does not play well against hree other players all-in. I agree not to look at results, but it was the wrong play to smooth call regardless of what he may have called with. you can go on about how you hae mae more money than other people. it doe snot mean that even the great Hoosier cannot misplay
http://secure.hop.com/index.cfm?AFID=158&redirCampID=154
joke. 150 300 blinds i jam on button for 3600 total with AKo. Idiot donk from earlier with J9 is in the bb and he calls with A6o.6 on flop gg me.
You played both hands right. That being said, if you are happy with how you played em, you shouldn't be steaming about it and defending your play, like you said you were an 80% favorite. So that was the 1/5 time, sucks. Hopefully you will FT something tonight because I'm a loser and enjoy reading your blog.
Here is the bottom line... Pocket aces does not play well against hree other players all-in.
It absolutely does.You are right in the fact that the more the players in a pot, the more your hand devalues. You're wrong in the fact that 3-4 players is an ideal amount of players to have when you have aces. Not to mention the fact that a couple were relatively harmless stacks.The correct play would be to lure the last remaining large stack in there. Think about it - if the small stack outdraws your aces.. fine! You just won 10 times that in the remaining large stack in the sidepot, after you bust him. Isolating with aces in this spot shows you probably play them scared most of the time. Hoosier did a fine job.
Hoosier don't discredit what he's saying though. Obviously if donk in question puts in half his stack with j/9off he won't mind shoving it all-in,
You WANT that.
but it looks like this might be a case of you trying to draw in any more people for profit, i.e. greed. You coming over the top probably will get him to fold.
You DON'T want him to fold.
Hmm I'm just looking at odds and not even calculating pot odds and the other variables...Against all 3 players you are 68.59% to winIsolating down to the two and not having the j/9 donk in you increase your odds to 80.32% to win, essentially still as if you were only facing one opponent.
By accepting a 10% drop in the probability of winning, you're being paid twice as much as if you only got one caller.Sounds like a good deal to me.
Why would I want him to fold? I do well in tournaments because I get people to stick in their stacks drawing to 5 outs,,if they suck out so be it.Lol@ you saying being "greedy" is a bad thing.If I have a hand like AK or JJ I would jam to isolate,,,you dont want to isolate with aces, you want to encourage people to jam their stacks in drawing near dead.Stop playing results, 80 some % of the time he bricks and i just picked up extra chips due to my "greed"
Word.
hoosier your a fing donk stfu..you want some on party u donk any limit any game lets go........FWP
Im sitting 15 30 and 30 60 O8 at the moment tables 95146 and 95159 if you would like to join sir.

depends on what school of poker your from. I personally would re raise and play a smaller pot which is ok if your a LAGgier player because your are probably raising and re-raising more often anyways so you would want to keep that image. If you are a tighter more solid player i Like the way hoosier played it because well those AA are what you have been waiting for....yada yada yada...play big pot.. None the less thats a rough beat there hoosier....

Im sitting 15 30 and 30 60 O8 at the moment tables 95146 and 95159 if you would like to join sir.
hoosier, you donk.dont you know he only plays the cadillac of poker no limit texas hold em'?- Jordan
depends on what school of poker your from. I personally would re raise and play a smaller pot which is ok if your a LAGgier player because your are probably raising and re-raising more often anyways so you would want to keep that image. If you are a tighter more solid player i Like the way hoosier played it because well those AA are what you have been waiting for....yada yada yada...play big pot.. None the less thats a rough beat there hoosier....
Meh even if you are lag like Alan Goehring I still think smooth calling is best.
hoosier your a fing donk stfu..you want some on party u donk any limit any game lets go........FWP
fu(k O8....... heads up sng any limit right now donkkkkk
Awesome....
Meh even if you are lag like Alan Goehring I still thing smooth calling is best.
guy you f ing piss me off...dropping names like your somebody...how about I school your LAG @ss right now then you can drop the name FWP schooled me
guy you f ing piss me off...dropping names like your somebody...how about I school your LAG @ss right now then you can drop the name FWP schooled me
LMAO..name dropping...lol.......listening to you is like watching a one-legged man in an @ss-kicking contest...
let it be known from here on forth.....hoosier is a fu(king bit(h who wont play FWP HU because he knows he will loose and his illusion of a rep on here will be null and void
All that was already known, der.- Jordan