• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In as well. Already busted out of the Stars Million when I flopped a set of Aces on a board of A35, actuall bet it to make sure he didn't draw at the inside if he called my big raise with a small pocket pair. Turns comes a 2. With the way betting went, no way I believed he had 4's now. Lost almost my whole stack and went out a short time later.

out right at the first break buzzer. utg raises to 400, utg+1 calls, I push on button with KK for 2800. UTG comes over the top for 3k more. He shows AJ. flop 3JJ and i'm done. Donks rule!Gl to everyone else.

***** Hand History for Game 4269090170 *****NL Texas Hold'em Trny:23548617 Level:4 Blinds(100/200) - Sunday, May 14, 17:37:23 ET 2006Table $500K Guaranteed(686820) Table #51 (Real Money)Seat 8 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10 Seat 1: earlywin ( $5826 )Seat 2: tecumseh1812 ( $1567 )Seat 4: chopo ( $11889 )Seat 5: Shillasaurus ( $9292 )Seat 6: HoosierFCP ( $9110 )Seat 7: WindyRear ( $10830 )Seat 8: ThrstyCoyote ( $3595 )Seat 9: paul_young ( $6550 )Seat 10: archibald38 ( $6751 )Seat 3: Melvin3266 ( $815 )Trny:23548617 Level:4Blinds(100/200)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to HoosierFCP [ Ac As ]earlywin folds.tecumseh1812 is all-In [1567]Melvin3266 is all-In [815]chopo folds.Shillasaurus folds.HoosierFCP calls [1567].WindyRear folds.ThrstyCoyote calls [1567].paul_young folds.archibald38 folds.** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, Td, 2h ]HoosierFCP bets [2736].ThrstyCoyote is all-In [2028]** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]** Dealing River ** [ Jc ]HoosierFCP shows [ Ac, As ] a pair of aces.ThrstyCoyote shows [ 9d, Js ] two pairs, jacks and nines.tecumseh1812 shows [ Ah, Qs ] high card ace.Melvin3266 shows [ Kd, Tc ] a pair of tens.HoosierFCP wins 708 chips from side pot #3 with a pair of aces.ThrstyCoyote wins 4056 chips from side pot #2 with two pairs, jacks and nines.ThrstyCoyote wins 2256 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, jacks and nines.ThrstyCoyote wins 3560 chips from the main pot with two pairs, jacks and nines.Player Melvin3266 finished in 1744 placePlayer tecumseh1812 finished in 1743 place

joke. 150 300 blinds i jam on button for 3600 total with AKo. Idiot donk from earlier with J9 is in the bb and he calls with A6o.6 on flop gg me.

joke. 150 300 blinds i jam on button for 3600 total with AKo. Idiot donk from earlier with J9 is in the bb and he calls with A6o.6 on flop gg me.
Wow, that's bad. Sorry man.

And as I am typing that I get donkified. I raise UTG to 1000 with Q's, middle comes over the top with AJ, flop comes JJx. Damn, seriously, what is it with people and AJ?

***** Hand History for Game 4269090170 *****NL Texas Hold'em Trny:23548617 Level:4 Blinds(100/200) - Sunday, May 14, 17:37:23 ET 2006Table $500K Guaranteed(686820) Table #51 (Real Money)Seat 8 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10 Seat 1: earlywin ( $5826 )Seat 2: tecumseh1812 ( $1567 )Seat 4: chopo ( $11889 )Seat 5: Shillasaurus ( $9292 )Seat 6: HoosierFCP ( $9110 )Seat 7: WindyRear ( $10830 )Seat 8: ThrstyCoyote ( $3595 )Seat 9: paul_young ( $6550 )Seat 10: archibald38 ( $6751 )Seat 3: Melvin3266 ( $815 )Trny:23548617 Level:4Blinds(100/200)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to HoosierFCP [ Ac As ]earlywin folds.tecumseh1812 is all-In [1567]Melvin3266 is all-In [815]chopo folds.Shillasaurus folds.HoosierFCP calls [1567].WindyRear folds.ThrstyCoyote calls [1567].paul_young folds.archibald38 folds.** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, Td, 2h ]HoosierFCP bets [2736].ThrstyCoyote is all-In [2028]** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]** Dealing River ** [ Jc ]HoosierFCP shows [ Ac, As ] a pair of aces.ThrstyCoyote shows [ 9d, Js ] two pairs, jacks and nines.tecumseh1812 shows [ Ah, Qs ] high card ace.Melvin3266 shows [ Kd, Tc ] a pair of tens.HoosierFCP wins 708 chips from side pot #3 with a pair of aces.ThrstyCoyote wins 4056 chips from side pot #2 with two pairs, jacks and nines.ThrstyCoyote wins 2256 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, jacks and nines.ThrstyCoyote wins 3560 chips from the main pot with two pairs, jacks and nines.Player Melvin3266 finished in 1744 placePlayer tecumseh1812 finished in 1743 place
if you move all-in instead of smooth calling encouraging additional callers, you would have won the hand.
if you move all-in instead of smooth calling encouraging additional callers, you would have won the hand.
Good thing you arent paying attention to results at all.Nevermind the fact that I got someone to stick in their whole stack drawing to 5 outs.

Hoosier don't discredit what he's saying though. Obviously if donk in question puts in half his stack with j/9off he won't mind shoving it all-in, but AA are a susceptible hand and you are already taking on two opponents, a third one is just adding to the odds you are fighting off. I definitely respect your play and know you have more knowledge about the game, but it looks like this might be a case of you trying to draw in any more people for profit, i.e. greed. You coming over the top probably will get him to fold.

Hoosier don't discredit what he's saying though. Obviously if donk in question puts in half his stack with j/9off he won't mind shoving it all-in, but AA are a susceptible hand and you are already taking on two opponents, a third one is just adding to the odds you are fighting off. I definitely respect your play and know you have more knowledge about the game, but it looks like this might be a case of you trying to draw in any more people for profit, i.e. greed. You coming over the top probably will get him to fold.
Why would I want him to fold? I do well in tournaments because I get people to stick in their stacks drawing to 5 outs,,if they suck out so be it.Lol@ you saying being "greedy" is a bad thing.If I have a hand like AK or JJ I would jam to isolate,,,you dont want to isolate with aces, you want to encourage people to jam their stacks in drawing near dead.Stop playing results, 80 some % of the time he bricks and i just picked up extra chips due to my "greed"

Whole Heartedly agree with Hoosier on this one, if he wants to play for all his chips with J9 off when I have AA and he doesnt even flop TOP pair or a draw, I want him in every tournament I am in, because 95/100 I am getting his chips, the other 5 times he sucks out to beat me, but I win more often than he does. So, yeah thats my take on it.JEFFEdit: And greed is at the very center of all money making ventures, you have to be greedy to get aheah in anything, including Poker. Greed doesnt kill you, it gets the people who are the most driven to succeed farther.

Why would I want him to fold? I do well in tournaments because I get people to stick in their stacks drawing to 5 outs,,if they suck out so be it.Lol@ you saying being "greedy" is a bad thing.If I have a hand like AK or JJ I would jam to isolate,,,you dont want to isolate with aces, you want to encourage people to jam their stacks in their drawing near dead.
Let me preface by saying, I'd probably do the same thing in your situation and I'm still trying to learn the finer points of the game, so I'm just trying to get a dialouge going to help me improve my game, so I don't wholeheartedly believe my counterpoints but....Hmm I'm just looking at odds and not even calculating pot odds and the other variables...Against all 3 players you are 68.59% to winIsolating down to the two and not having the j/9 donk in you increase your odds to 80.32% to win, essentially still as if you were only facing one opponent.You simply want him to fold as illustrated through the hypothetical scenario where you hold aces and the entire 10 person table goes all in, you call, and now you have a lot of people to fend off you want to get it down to 1 or 2I mean the type of greed where someone slow plays a hand in order to trap, but instead end up hanging themselves by letting opponents draw to their outs. Being competitive and trying to bust people is a far cry from letting greed hang oneself
Hmm I'm just looking at odds and not even calculating pot odds and the other variables...Against all 3 players you are 68.59% to winIsolating down to the two and not having the j/9 donk in you increase your odds to 80.32% to win, essentially still as if you were only facing one opponent.You simply want him to fold as illustrated through the hypothetical scenario where you hold aces and the entire 10 person table goes all in, you call, and now you have a lot of people to fend off you want to get it down to 1 or 2I mean the type of greed where someone slow plays a hand in order to trap, but instead end up hanging themselves by letting opponents draw to their outs. Being competitive and trying to bust people is a far cry from letting greed hang oneself
Im not about to get in some argument. You believe that you are correct, that is fine. Unfortunately for your bankroll you are wrong.Don't forget that the 2 short stacks who were all in pre were very short and I was looking to create a side pot to try to win a big pot instead of winning a tiny one. I got my wish...I just got unlucky. If you arent trying to create big pots where the majority of the pot has your opponent drawing to 5 outs...then I doubt you are doing very well in tourneys.Seriously, stop playing results. It is bad for your game.

Percentages only shade your view on how you played your hand. The only time I ever look at percentages on CardPlayer is when I am bored and an interesting hand came up. I play the players and the situation, like Hoosier said, stop playing results, play situations as they come up.JEFFEdit: Woohoo to post 600