Former Poker Players

quitting poker  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Could you quit poker?

• yes
    • no
    • for a woman

From Bluff Magazine: About BeaL quitting poker When he returned to the poker room and told Lederer and David Grey, another high-stakes pro and member of the group who was watching the game, David shook Beal’s hand and said, “I’m sorry to hear that, Andy. See you in two weeks.”Grey may have underestimated by a factor of forty, but it was hard to argue with his logic. There are no former poker players'That is a very interesting quote, I could not agree with it more. I feel like everytime I take a week or two off "something pulls me back in" I guess their is no such thing as former poker players. eh Mike Mcdermott. Heres the llink of the 9 days beal vs corporation..... Ivey log is in next issuehttp://www.bluffmagazine.com/Magazine/2006_04_70.asp

Good grief, yes. I make decent spending money playing the game a handful of hours a week and I thoroughly enjoy it, but I could give it up. If I couldn't answer yes to the question above, I think it would be time to ask some serious questions about myself and how important a game is in my life.Now, if I made my living playing, it might be a different question. But there are very few people on this forum who couldn't make more money doing something other than poker than they are from playing. If you are bright enough to be a consistently winning poker player, you certainly could be making more working for yourself or The Man. And, frankly, the VAST majority of the people on this forum don't make their living playing, nor is the money they are bringing in any more significant than what they would make working a part-time job.I don't mean to sound preachy, because I have more than my share of faults and weaknesses. But if you are serious when you answer "no" the poll question, it's time for some self-reflection.

I could never quit but could limit myself to playing less if my girlfriend continues to oppose or I have something better to do.

I don't like to ever say never, but right now I can't imagine something that would make me quit for good. I have to think that there are things that could happen in life that would make me quit for a while, but I'm sure if I did I'd be back some day.

recreational fish posting on this thread is f ing worthless and pisses me the f off........... "ya I play for fun, I can easily quit" " if you answered no you might have a problem" listen to me you f ing donkeys..... some peoples lives and incomes are completely tied in with poker.... you guys have no fing clue, so you shouldnt even be on this forum, or if on forum you should not post, give advice or even register a fing account... your donksssss just donks your opinions arent waranted or desired so leaveeeeeeee or shut the f up

recreational fish posting on this thread is f ing worthless and pisses me the f off........... "ya I play for fun, I can easily quit" " if you answered no you might have a problem" listen to me you f ing donkeys..... some peoples lives and incomes are completely tied in with poker.... you guys have no fing clue, so you shouldnt even be on this forum, or if on forum you should not post, give advice or even register a fing account... your donksssss just donks your opinions arent waranted or desired so leaveeeeeeee or shut the f up
cocaine is a bad drug :club:
...And other people attempt to play poker for a living, go broke, and drive their car into flashing red and blue lights.

I could probably quit and it has nothing to do with poker. I just tend to keep very involved with things for a while and then a few years later lose interest. Though I can not see it happening any time soon, my track record would indicate that I would quit poker some time in the future.

Im already sick of poker.I just like money.If i got a job offer to do something that i at least somewhat enjoy that paid as much as im making playing cards, i'd probably only play with friends in home games. I just dont see how that would happen until i do a postgrad degree, so ill just keep playing until then.

Im already sick of poker.I just like money.If i got a job offer to do something that i at least somewhat enjoy that paid as much as im making playing cards, i'd probably only play with friends in home games. I just dont see how that would happen until i do a postgrad degree, so ill just keep playing until then.
same here.As someone who most likely makes way more money then foxwoodspro (the op) I could easily quit if I was given some sort of large incentive to do so.
same here.As someone who most likely makes way more money then foxwoodspro (the op) I could easily quit if I was given some sort of large incentive to do so.
i have found switching games often helps.