im sure this has been raised before but i have a question.i was wondergin if caros book of tells is too outdated?i checked the print year but it just says reprint not the original year.do you think too many people have read it to render it useless?

I think the information in there is good but it does need a rewrite. The book definately needs some new pictures though the ones in the book are good for a laugh.

The info is still good from the point of giving you ideas of what things to look for and the info is right on when playing against novices.Now when playing against better players, you really have to decide what this info means, and some of it could be outdated as far as that goes.

I think the ideas his book gives you are probably timeless unless you are facing the true elites. He tries to make clear that you must try and learn the motives behind a move to truly understand what the tell means. That is huge.And against novices and such, I doubt this book is 'outdated'. It's not like novices have read it.

this book is a great book for lower limits and home games ~i was playing 1-2 no limit in san diego lat month and an one of the tells from caro's book helped me take down a pot for 160$ never hurts to read it every now and then !some things are timeless ~

im sure this has been raised before but i have a question.i was wondergin if caros book of tells is too outdated?i checked the print year but it just says reprint not the original year.do you think too many people have read it to render it useless?
This is a must have book.The Video or DVD is well worth it too.
  • 2 weeks later...

Humanity has evolved so much in the past 20 years, you should definitely throw your copy away. Better yet, I'll take it, an extra copy lying around isn't a horrible idea.