For All The Pro Or Semi-pros

Or anybody making steady money at playing poker. What kind of games do you play cash vs. tourneys and how often. How long are your sessions and do you mix up games for a change of pace or do you just stick to one kind of game? Just interested in what kind of routine you guys keep when it comes to game selection.......Thanks

Or anybody making steady money at playing poker. What kind of games do you play cash vs. tourneys and how often. How long are your sessions and do you mix up games for a change of pace or do you just stick to one kind of game? Just interested in what kind of routine you guys keep when it comes to game selection.......Thanks
i play just about everything. my bread and butter is nl hold em cash games. when i a m running bad or just bored with the game a change it up though. my 2nd game would be pl omaha followed by limit omaha hi/lo. not much for any stud games. tournament i play any and all games in them. but i try to play only a few a week cause the variance on them is so high i feel cash games are the way to build a bankroll. for sessions i play 8-10 hours if it is a live game. if it is an online game i play like 3-4 hours.
I find that when my cash game is starting to suck, I do well in tourneys. And when my tourney game starts to turn sour, I do well in cash games. BUT THEN, KNOW THIS: because I do pretty well with my work, I'm no pro and have little to no interest in TP/MM; ... I qualify as "making steady money at poker / curious about the opportunties it can offer."

I play mostly MTTs, but I play cash games at pacific poker for the EASY money cause I suck at cash games at any other site except that one....So I win cash there, transfer it to UB and then play MTTs with it....that's my strategy....Don't be going to pacific poker now and ruining my fishing grounds you bastards....unless you want me to refer you, then it's ok....

I try to stick with what's most profitable(PLHE online and live for me).When I need a break, I like to go to something completely different, like 5-card Draw, PLO8, or even NL 5-stud( on Prima). I don't play big stakes, which means I usually have a game I can find. And I'm not a pro, but I do make a steady profit from poker.I think you sometimes get bored with anything repititious, whether it's working in an assembly plant, or playing the same game over and over. So, you have to get a little fun out of your hobby when it's getting stale. If you don't like the other games, DN gives some interesting ideas where you can drop in stakes and have some fun, while maybe working on some parts of your game. 'Nutbar', and other things are in his cardplayer columns.

Im a recreational Bonus whore, my game of choice is NL Holdem, but I try to mix in some PL Omaha and Limit Holdem when I can. Im not playing many MTT's right now, but I intend to in the future. I work 9-5, so my time is limited.

Well lately ive been playing a lot of PLOHL. But id have to say my favorite game is LOHL. Both are great games to punish fish in. In PLOHL youll notice it more easily, but LOHL is great because you can play like a maniac and leave fish all confused.In both games I am super aggressive. I like calling a pot sized bet on the flop with a good low draw, then if the low card comes on the turn, I just bet the pot. Most of the time they fold becuase you can raise with a weak hand, but you cant call a pot sized bet with a weak hand! Most of the time people put me on the low, so they call with 2 pair and such, or other hands that arent that great. The lucrative part of the strategy comes in when I flop a set and check call, then if a low card comes, "pot" it. Someone with top two pair assumes im betting the low and I scoop. Easy. Play PLOHL8. Do what i do and you cant lose to bad players!