So Stinking Close In The $20 K Tonight

Sick and sad and need to vent, so sorry in advance.I am almost out 3 hours ago, down to 900 and all in.2.5 hours later I'm at 100,000 K.With 90K I push all in, into a weak chip leader.He waits forever ........... and finally calls.I have K-Q spades. He has a pocket 5's.My Queen hits the flop. But a 3rd 5 hits the turn. mutherfukkersunnuvabeatches!!!And just like that I am staring at the ceiling in disbelief, questioning everything from Gods to Dogs.If I win that race and I have a shot at a real nice payday. 1st pays 5.5K.Instead I get a paltry $219 for my 5 hours of he11.Not horrible, but sh1t, 8th paid 416! and it only got better from there. Oh well. Fuk it I guess.Night all..... :icon_confused:Edit: Oop's, sorry, I came in 11th. o.k., the end for real.nite.

Why would you push against the chip leader with KQ?Probbaly the first usefull question I've seen in General in about a year.If the blinds were 5k/10k or something, your play makes sense. If they were lower than that, you're the reason you didn't make more money. The idea is to take coinflips with SMALLER stacks, not ones that have you covered unless you NEED to double up.Commence useless posts about "playing to win" or whatever.good luck.

Yeah, if there was no action before you, why risk your entire stack when you can just throw in a bet to see where you are and protect your hand pre-flop? Unnecessary risk for reward.

Why would you push against the chip leader with KQ?Probbaly the first usefull question I've seen in General in about a year.If the blinds were 5k/10k or something, your play makes sense. If they were lower than that, you're the reason you didn't make more money. The idea is to take coinflips with SMALLER stacks, not ones that have you covered unless you NEED to double up.Commence useless posts about "playing to win" or whatever.good luck.
Whats with smash and tourney strat now (ive seen like 2 or 3 tourney posts from u)? Are you finally playing these or what?btw op if it makes you feel any better I was 1st in the 55k on stars, and 4th in the 100k on dise (22 left on dise, a lot more on stars) I get JJ from Ep raise get pushed, i fold..JJ from EP raise get pushed I call, vs AJ and lose.. in the dise get JJ push vs a raise run into AA and bust 22nd, back to stars where I raise JJ get shoved on and call vs A9 and lose....gg me. I made a $200 profit...weee.

Whats with smash and tourney strat now (ive seen like 2 or 3 tourney posts from u)? Are you finally playing these or what?Get tired of saying the same thing about the same 20 limit hands 1000 times so I started playing more NL and MTTs. I'm debating playing the stars gurantees for a few weeks.We'll see.good luck.

Whats with smash and tourney strat now (ive seen like 2 or 3 tourney posts from u)? Are you finally playing these or what?Get tired of saying the same thing about the same 20 limit hands 1000 times so I started playing more NL and MTTs. I'm debating playing the stars gurantees for a few weeks.We'll see.good luck.
I'd play them, a lot of dead money in there. Problem is they make you want to shoot yourself when you make it deep and don't final table.

KQ is hand to take slow...your crushed against most hands that people will call with and coin flips with all others. At this point leave as many options open as possible. I hung a little post it note right at eye level of my computer that says " Don't be stupid" ...so far its saved me from a couple bad decisions lol. Unfortunately i ignore it a lot of the time and still proceed with whatever donkey move i was going to try.Sometimes "going for the win" does not involve shoving a bunch of chips into the pot but playing more cautiously to survive a dangerous part of the tourney. This is especially true when your a moderate stack. Congrats on making it that far though so many things have to go right to even sniff a final table in a 600 person field.

I'd play them, a lot of dead money in there. Problem is they make you want to shoot yourself when you make it deep and don't final table.Real problem is that I'll ***** to Marion about it and she'll tell me to go write books and make money to support her handbag habbit.good luck.

Smash,you don't have to play NL just because posting on LHE has gotten old (and, btw, I agree. Makes my head spin how complex some seem to make it)you're just out of the closet now, admit it!NL is your passion.:club:

under "thecandle"? or are you gonna stay anonymous? Heh....you should play the daily $150 and wed $300's good fields decent structures etc...gl
Sorry about the late night rant, in hind sight it was a little puss-like. :club: But it did generate some great comments that I think might help others.A few more details about the last hand...The blinds indeed were about to go up (we were at 4000-8000) I was close to getting to less than 10BB. Not panic time ... yet, but getting close.The chip leader was a very passive sort and seemed content to NOT challenge all the stealing going on. He was also in the SB.KQ suited is a horrible hand to see blearily after 5 hours of play and only 1 away from the FT. It looks so dam tasty. I hesitated but just couldn;t resist blasting away. Play to win right? Plus, I had established a tight image and they all knew I was only betting with big cards. I was shocked when I got called by a small pp. And being as the table had tighted up considerably because we were all 1 away from FT nirvana, I dunno. Maybe it was a bad play? I'm thinkng now that it was, but still not sure.I played my @ss off last night and it was one of my best tournaments. Over 600 started that tournament, and I did cash, so I shouldn't b1tch.But man....I wanted to WIN it bad!Oh well. Blah blah blah.GL to all......... :D
exactly.
Yes yes and yes.You are right. I am now convinced this play suckkd. The only real mistake all night and it cost me big time. A tired and just plain stupid play.The good news? This will NEVER happen again.Thanks all. Good luck.
Sorry about the late night rant, in hind sight it was a little puss-like. :club: But it did generate some great comments that I think might help others.A few more details about the last hand...The blinds indeed were about to go up (we were at 4000-8000) I was close to getting to less than 10BB. Not panic time ... yet, but getting close.The chip leader was a very passive sort and seemed content to NOT challenge all the stealing going on. He was also in the SB.KQ suited is a horrible hand to see blearily after 5 hours of play and only 1 away from the FT. It looks so dam tasty. I hesitated but just couldn;t resist blasting away. Play to win right? Plus, I had established a tight image and they all knew I was only betting with big cards. I was shocked when I got called by a small pp. And being as the table had tighted up considerably because we were all 1 away from FT nirvana, I dunno. Maybe it was a bad play? I'm thinkng now that it was, but still not sure.I played my @ss off last night and it was one of my best tournaments. Over 600 started that tournament, and I did cash, so I shouldn't b1tch.But man....I wanted to WIN it bad!Oh well. Blah blah blah.GL to all......... :D
Had you just standard raised 3x the BB a King would've flopped and you could THEN push and 55 would fold....

Very good critique concerning your hand Nutz. I agree with lots of the answers to why you should not push all in there. I learned alot from this post. You are playing well Nutz and your game will only get better.

Sick and sad and need to vent, so sorry in advance.I am almost out 3 hours ago, down to 900 and all in.2.5 hours later I'm at 100,000 K.With 90K I push all in, into a weak chip leader.He waits forever ........... and finally calls.I have K-Q spades. He has a pocket 5's.My Queen hits the flop. But a 3rd 5 hits the turn. mutherfukkersunnuvabeatches!!!And just like that I am staring at the ceiling in disbelief, questioning everything from Gods to Dogs.If I win that race and I have a shot at a real nice payday. 1st pays 5.5K.Instead I get a paltry $219 for my 5 hours of he11.Not horrible, but sh1t, 8th paid 416! and it only got better from there. Oh well. Fuk it I guess.Night all..... :icon_confused:Edit: Oop's, sorry, I came in 11th. o.k., the end for real.nite.
I HATE races. Seems like I always lose them. If I avoid races, I get to final tables.
Trying... to.... muster......... sympathy......http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=60116It sucks, but you can't win every race.

Yeah, this hand sucks to get in this position. 10 BB is critical, but on the bubble of a final table, it's worse. There's still two tables with only 5 or 6 people at each so blinds come around REALLY FAST. You're in a blind 1/3 of the time and paying antes when you're not. You don't really have a lot to time to wait for a better hand and at most tables, someone's beating you to punch with a big raise that you can't call with KQ or A-rag. Much better to be the aggressor and take the play away from them. I can see the reasoning for pushing here. I wouldn't call it horrible. It was a very bad situation to be in. He's got the chip leader on his left, he's got to push at some point and may be forced to with a worse hand very soon when he gets a hand like KQ suited. Tough decision, but I wouldn't be flaming him for it. He'd have lost even if he had AK, but that's just results oriented thinking, but really had the 5 not come on the turn, we wouldn't even have this thread, so whatever.

Yeah, this hand sucks to get in this position. 10 BB is critical, but on the bubble of a final table, it's worse. There's still two tables with only 5 or 6 people at each so blinds come around REALLY FAST. You're in a blind 1/3 of the time and paying antes when you're not. You don't really have a lot to time to wait for a better hand and at most tables, someone's beating you to punch with a big raise that you can't call with KQ or A-rag. Much better to be the aggressor and take the play away from them. I can see the reasoning for pushing here. I wouldn't call it horrible. It was a very bad situation to be in. He's got the chip leader on his left, he's got to push at some point and may be forced to with a worse hand very soon when he gets a hand like KQ suited. Tough decision, but I wouldn't be flaming him for it. He'd have lost even if he had AK, but that's just results oriented thinking, but really had the 5 not come on the turn, we wouldn't even have this thread, so whatever.
And we have a winner! You pretty much nailed it.I gotta say however, if this happens again I am dumping it. Period.