Eating Habits For Pros

For those who play professionally I was wondering the types of eating habits you guys have. My eating habits are usually something like this:Wake up around 1pm, eat some yogurt, fire up the computer .4pm, order some sort of takeout (usually sushi), eat at desk while multi-tabling.8pm, order some sort of takeout, eat at desk while multi-tabling.1 am, drink beer.Do the other guys who play for a living have eating habits as bad as me?I need to learn how to cook and get away from my computer sometimes...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who play professionally I was wondering the types of eating habits you guys have. My eating habits are usually something like this:Wake up around 1pm, eat some yogurt, fire up the computer .4pm, order some sort of takeout (usually sushi), eat at desk while multi-tabling.8pm, order some sort of takeout, eat at desk while multi-tabling.1 am, drink beer.Do the other guys who play for a living have eating habits as bad as me?I need to learn how to cook and get away from my computer sometimes...
Get an enema ASAP - all that sitting & eating is going to do hell to your colon...Buy some fruit too. Banana's are good brain food.

bro.........eat some fruit and veggies, or u wil regret it when ur older...not cooking, just buy fresh fruit and veges. fruit u obv eat without cooking, veges u just need to steam in water also u may want to invest in a foreman grill, easy, although not that great tasting, foods such as steak, burgers, chicken breat, grill cheese, etc..

bro.........eat some fruit and veggies, or u wil regret it when ur older...not cooking, just buy fresh fruit and veges. fruit u obv eat without cooking, veges u just need to steam in water also u may want to invest in a foreman grill, easy, although not that great tasting, foods such as steak, burgers, chicken breat, grill cheese, etc..
Yea i have a foreman but its pretty hard to grill with 4 tables up...I eat_relatively healthy when I get takeout..its not like Im getting burgers and fries, but still. When I do go grocery shopping I buy lots of fruit and veggies, but there arent many things I hate more than going to the grocery store...I guess I will just have to start using Peapod.com more often.

I'm the absolute worst with this, your habits look great compared to mine. I've gotten so outta shape as a result from poker. I used to be a fairly elite athlete back in the day and took basketball very seriously, now with the combination of knee injuries, back problems, bad dieting and playing online poker, I've packed on 30 lbs and have a lack of energy everyday. I used to eat 4-6 meals a day, now I'm lucky to even get 3 meals a day in. It's typically 1 or 2 meals and I don't eat for stretches of 20 hrs sometimes. It's my goal for the summer to get back into shape, I think it will help with my poker game as well. I find that I lack being able to focus for a long period of time and am absolutely exhausted after my poker sessions.I'm going to go on a strict diet myself personally and get back into playing basketball and working out. I'm also seeing a chiropractor and trying to get my body healed up and feeling refreshed again. I'm 21 and feel like I'm 40 when I wake up. With that said, it's not unexpected that you'd have bad eating habits, it kind of comes with the territory. It's because of the weird hours that you're awake and the fact that you don't have an exact sleeping pattern and meals are not typically eaten at a specific time either. You need to make a conscious effort to eat healthier, exercise and make sure you keep a balanced lifestyle.

this thread could not have come at a better time as I was thinking about this the other day. Now that i'm back home visiting I remember what it's like to eat a home cooked meal. Or any meal that doesn't take 5 minutes and a microwave to eat. Really really need to learn how to cook.

I'm the absolute worst with this, your habits look great compared to mine. I've gotten so outta shape as a result from poker. I used to be a fairly elite athlete back in the day and took basketball very seriously, now with the combination of knee injuries, back problems, bad dieting and playing online poker, I've packed on 30 lbs and have a lack of energy everyday. I used to eat 4-6 meals a day, now I'm lucky to even get 3 meals a day in. It's typically 1 or 2 meals and I don't eat for stretches of 20 hrs sometimes. It's my goal for the summer to get back into shape, I think it will help with my poker game as well. I find that I lack being able to focus for a long period of time and am absolutely exhausted after my poker sessions.I'm going to go on a strict diet myself personally and get back into playing basketball and working out. I'm also seeing a chiropractor and trying to get my body healed up and feeling refreshed again. I'm 21 and feel like I'm 40 when I wake up. With that said, it's not unexpected that you'd have bad eating habits, it kind of comes with the territory. It's because of the weird hours that you're awake and the fact that you don't have an exact sleeping pattern and meals are not typically eaten at a specific time either. You need to make a conscious effort to eat healthier, exercise and make sure you keep a balanced lifestyle.
How strange. I'm 45 and feel like I'm 21 when I wake up!
I feel the exact same way. I used to be an athlete in great shape, now Im just a skinny twig who feels exhausted after every session. There is a gym 1 block from my house that I have to join, just for the fact that I dont want to look like a fool on the beach this summer.It really is hard to eat well/have good sleeping patterns when you play professionally.
I feel the exact same way. I used to be an athlete in great shape, now Im just a skinny twig who feels exhausted after every session. There is a gym 1 block from my house that I have to join, just for the fact that I dont want to look like a fool on the beach this summer.It really is hard to eat well/have good sleeping patterns when you play professionally.
Join the Gym so I'll start going too, lol.I keep trying to get up at like 9am so I can go before i start my day, but i fall back asleep till like 10+ and by then i just feel like if i go, i'll waste the day, lol. Stupid motivation!

Here's what you guys do:Get yourself the Second Generation George Foreman Grill. Go to Costco (or somethig similar)Buy the big bag of skinless chicken breasts,Buy the big bag of mixed veggies.For the skinless chicken, make sure you defrost the breast before you grill it. Tastes much better that way. Spice to flavor, cook for five minutes. While the chicken is cooking, put about a cup and a half of the mixed veggies in a large bowl. Fill the bowl with water where the water just barely covers the veggies. cover the bowl with saran wrap and microwave for about 5-10 minutes (depends onyour microwave). You've now got yourself a very healthy meal that was made in less than ten minutes and you barely missed an orbit. Best thing I did for myself, was wake up and realize what a fat *** I am. I wake up now every morning, go work out for an hour. Come home, shower...go to the card club play for a few hours. Come back home, eat lunch, and go to work. Rinse repeat and I've never felt better.

Here's what you guys do:Get yourself the Second Generation George Foreman Grill. Go to Costco (or somethig similar)Buy the big bag of skinless chicken breasts,Buy the big bag of mixed veggies.For the skinless chicken, make sure you defrost the breast before you grill it. Tastes much better that way. Spice to flavor, cook for five minutes. While the chicken is cooking, put about a cup and a half of the mixed veggies in a large bowl. Fill the bowl with water where the water just barely covers the veggies. cover the bowl with saran wrap and microwave for about 5-10 minutes (depends onyour microwave). You've now got yourself a very healthy meal that was made in less than ten minutes and you barely missed an orbit. Best thing I did for myself, was wake up and realize what a fat *** I am. I wake up now every morning, go work out for an hour. Come home, shower...go to the card club play for a few hours. Come back home, eat lunch, and go to work. Rinse repeat and I've never felt better.
Defrost= 5-10 minutes.Spice=2 minutesMicrowave veggies& cook chicken=10 minutesSounds more like a 25 minute process to me.
Defrost= 5-10 minutes.Spice=2 minutesMicrowave veggies& cook chicken=10 minutesSounds more like a 25 minute process to me.
I guess you're supposed to defrost ahead of time... but that's always my problem, I don't know what i'm gonna eat, and how much. Defrosting blows.Although if it takes you 2 minutes to put some salt and pepper on chicken, then i dunno, lol. :club:
I guess you're supposed to defrost ahead of time... but that's always my problem, I don't know what i'm gonna eat, and how much. Defrosting blows.Although if it takes you 2 minutes to put some salt and pepper on chicken, then i dunno, lol. :club:
Get a plate out, get the spices out, put the spices on the chicken, rotate the chicken=2 minutes.
I'm a master of multi-tasking in the kitchen. It should only take you maybe 15 minutes max to make this meal. 5 defrost (less is preferable because otherwise you risk drying out the chicken) and the other ten to cook the chicken and veggies at the same time.
That's a lot of spices if you're doign that for 2 minutes...

I wake up around 2-3-4pm, eat, play poker till 6. Go find a pickup bball game or something with friends.Home around 10-11. Eat dinner.Play till 5am.Run 4 miles. Lift weights.6am I lay down in bed, watch Mike and Mike (a sports talk show) and pass out.I need to work on my eating habbits also. I'm never home for dinner, so I just have to grab something. But.. I work out like a fiend and am in good shape.

I dunno how many hours a day you play, but a good solution would seem tome to be taking a couple of breaks during the day. It would probably refresh your mind a little too.

When I played "professionally" last summer, I had a lot of pasta and fruits. You can buy good pasta cheaply.
I always hated how the delivery guy always managed to show up when I had aces.I was pretty bad back when I was playing 40+ hours a week. I would not eat anything until about 1. Grab something at the gas station on the way home. Go back to the gas station around 5 (It was like 2 blocks away, but I still drove). Maybe order a pizza or something later at night. Thankfully because of the vast amounts of pot I was smoking + 2 packs a day, my metabolism was so sped up that I actually was in the best shape of my life during that time.
Thankfully because of the vast amounts of pot I was smoking + 2 packs a day, my metabolism was so sped up that I actually was in the best shape of my life during that time.
If pot speeds up your metabolism...I'm gonna need to get on that!
If pot speeds up your metabolism...I'm gonna need to get on that!
We're talking between an eighth and a quarter a week. Also weed supresses my appetite as opposed to giving me the munchies. This is an important factor.