ok i got good news and bad news about my last tourney:good news: at 290k, 10/48 leftbad news: i looked people at my table up onthe pokerdb, and i got a TOUGH tableswitched tables, this table has significantly less winnings on POKERDB

Wow...can't believe what this world is coming to...to all of you "young guns" out there, take this advice...GO TO COLLEGE AND GET A REAL JOB!!!!!...I can't believe that there are still so many kids out there who think they can TP/MM...this is almost impossible these days...what you may not realize is that your short run gain will eventually turn into a long term problem because of the fact that you are playing poker at the sake of getting an education...
Um gross overgeneralization. At the age of 18 I will most likely make 6 digits this year playing poker. Will I get a real job, definitely. Am I getting an education and doing well in school, yes. Is poker a problem, no, not even close.
yea i also think this will help me determine if i have a gambling problem. i really dont think i do, its just that i am in between jobs right now and have nothing much else to do. but i am starting a new job on sunday so that will help. but if i feel like i NEED to play, I may consider getting help.PS: thanks to everyone who posts in strategy forums, etc, for offering their advice.
its only REALLY a problem if your losing lots of money or friends and family over it basically any type of excessive losing is bad.. :club:
Um gross overgeneralization. At the age of 18 I will most likely make 6 digits this year playing poker. Will I get a real job, definitely. Am I getting an education and doing well in school, yes. Is poker a problem, no, not even close.
i don't believe that i'm "over-generalizing" anyone here sir...if what you say is true, then great for you; you are one of the lucky "few" ---> and by few I mean out of the entire community of avid poker players who try damn hard to make some coin doing what they love, but usually break even in the LR while the vast majority are going bust or racking up huge credit card bills/gambling debts, etc...anyways, my point is this: poker is not a problem per se, but the glamorization of it these days is A ) destroying the game that i loved playing for many years because now everyone and their grandma thinks that they are God's gift to the felt; because of this, not even at higher limits can one escape a table full of donkeys who are generally considered dead money, but when you are consistently up against 7 players to a turn and river, eh, you get the picture, and B ) turning 15 year old kids with an internet connection and their parents credit card into poker "crack heads" who lose their teenaged years to spending countless hours in front of a computer instead of living life, trying to be like "that really cool guy on TV wearing black tinted glasses making tons of money, blah, blah, blah..." and they also lose touch with the value of their schooling and what that will do for them, not poker...therefore I feel that the introduction of poker to the lime-light has been an ill-timed wolf in sheep's clothing for our next generation of future leaders who, in their time of adolescence look to be a part of something that everyone else is doing, i.e. as they usually look up to younger adults, and then BAM!!! we now have an entire nation full of gamble-aholics at the ripe old age of 17...thank you ESPN