$100NL kaedin: 3s 3d Pre-flop: (removed random calls and folds) Villain calls. hero calls. ActionJunkie7 raises to $3.5. rookie_fish folds. Villain calls. Flop (board: Th 3c 2h): $14 ActionJunkie7 checks. Villain bets $1. Hero raises to $8. ActionJunkie7 folds. Villain calls. Turn (board: Th 3c 2h 3h): $30 Villain checks. Hero checksRiver (board: Th 3c 2h 3h 4h): $30 Villain bets $30.00. Hero goes all-in for $62. Villain calls. Showdown: Hero shows 3s 3d. Hero has 3s 3d Th 3c 3h: four threes. Villain shows 5h Ah. Villain has 5h Ah 2h 3h 4h: straight flush, five high. Villain wins $162 with straight flush, five high.

Yeah, smash, cuz he had the nut flush but was going to fold. THe hand plays out the same either way.You're a ******.Good luck.ps - and by ******, i mean, of course, that if you were half as good at poker as you wanted everyone to believe, you'd be off playing, instead of trying to berate each and every person on the forum everytime they post a hand - asking for advice or not. Im sorry that you feel the need to try to make yourself feel better than everyone else, but I half attribute that to you being from boston, and the other half to you being a waste of oxygen. Either way, you can have the 'good luck' you wish me, you'll need it.

Yeah, smash, cuz he had the nut flush but was going to fold. THe hand plays out the same either way.You're a ******Good luck.
Although Smash is an ***, he's right.If you get your money on the turn you're a 99% favorite to win and this post would then go to the bad beat forum. Your equity in the hand was 99%. On the river, when you got the bulk of your money in, your equity was 0%. Huge huge huge difference.Free cards are -EV.
Although Smash is an ***, he's right.If you get your money on the turn you're a 99% favorite to win and this post would then go to the bad beat forum. Your equity in the hand was 99%. On the river, when you got the bulk of your money in, your equity was 0%. Huge huge huge difference.Free cards are -EV.
How is he right? The guy called a $7 reraise to hit his straight. If the money goes in on the turn, the hand still ends the same way. Jesus. Im an advocate for never slow playing, but i could only lose to a ONE OUTTER, and the money would have gone in either way.

i mean, of course, that if you were half as good at poker as you wanted everyone to believe, you'd be off playing, instead of trying to berate each and every person on the forum everytime they post a hand - asking for advice or not.Sad part is I'm probably much much better at poker than I want everyone to believe.good luck.Yeah, smash, cuz he had the nut flush but was going to fold. That's a really good reason not to bet when you're 43/1 to win. That the guy will definately call.good luck.

How is he right? The guy called a $7 reraise to hit his straight. If the money goes in on the turn, the hand still ends the same way. Jesus. Im an advocate for never slow playing, but i could only lose to a ONE OUTTER, and the money would have gone in either way.
Man, now I'm starting to realize why Smash is a ****. I'm not sure what was unclear about my post. Just listen to yourself you keep saying "the hand would have played out the same," etc etc. That's results oriented poker at it's finest. There's a world of difference between getting your money in as a 98% favorite and getting your money in dead.He had a gutshot and a flush draw. He's ahead of overpair and behind a set marginally 65/35 or so. He's got a fantastic draw. If I were him I'd expect to win this hand 50% of the time if not more, so I don't blame his play at all.
Man, now I'm starting to realize why Smash is a ****. I'm not sure what was unclear about my post. Just listen to yourself you keep saying "the hand would have played out the same," etc etc. That's results oriented poker at it's finest. There's a world of difference between getting your money in as a 98% favorite and getting your money in dead.He had a gutshot and a flush draw. He's ahead of overpair and behind a set marginally 65/35 or so. He's got a fantastic draw. If I were him I'd expect to win this hand 50% of the time if not more, so I don't blame his play at all.
If you really care about my feelings on slow playing, there's a post here somewhere where Im totally against it. I had quads. Im sorry. I don't remember saying this was a bad beat. I dont remember saying OMG WHAT DID I DO WRONG. All I did was say I felt a little sick.I dont think I get my money back if i get in as a 98% favorite, do I? Its like. Get off your high ****in horses. I didnt ask for advice and I most certainly didnt say it was a bad beat. Jesus.
If you really care about my feelings on slow playing, there's a post here somewhere where Im totally against it. I had quads. Im sorry. I don't remember saying this was a bad beat. I dont remember saying OMG WHAT DID I DO WRONG. All I did was say I felt a little sick.I dont think I get my money back if i get in as a 98% favorite, do I? Its like. Get off your high ****in horses. I didnt ask for advice and I most certainly didnt say it was a bad beat. Jesus.
I'm not going to lie, Smash's comment was straight up rude, but it was correct. An obvious draw hit and you have a hand that crushes the obvious drawing hand. Why give him one more card? Hell, giving him one more card can only hurt your cause since the flush isn't improving... if the board pairs again he's not calling anything. If you are looking for sympathy and not analysis, this is the wrong forum. I'm not trying to be rude, or be on a high horse at all. You played it wrong just like the rest of us have played hands wrong 1000000 times before. Not a big deal. The better player puts aside their ego and learns from the experience.As an aside, the hand wouldn't have played out the same if you had done anything different. It'll **** your brain for a while if you think too much about it, but how they randomly select cards online involves a constantly cycling RnG. This means if you took more time or less time, it would have been different.
Post it in the bad beat forum if you want sympathy. You checked the turn when you should've bet. Dry your eyes and move on.Wait, so why the fuck did you post it here?
First, if you thought I wanted advice, did you not read the little tag line "I DONT NEED ADVICE", or were you just tryin to jump in on the 'im a **** head' parade? I dont want sympathy. I just thought it was humorous. I don't cry over poker. I get angry over bad beats. Im sorry that you get so worked up over my posting this, though. Feel free to delete it. =)"If you are looking for sympathy and not analysis, this is the wrong forum. I'm not trying to be rude, or be on a high horse at all. You played it wrong just like the rest of us have played hands wrong 1000000 times before. Not a big deal. The better player puts aside their ego and learns from the experience."Thats just it. I wasnt really lookin for sympathy or advice. I just found the hand amusing is all. I guess since the wife is at work, and the kid doesn't understand anything I say, it was more or less just a 'hey, lookie', sort of thing. Kind of like when you lose your virginity, you want to tell someone? Well, this is the first time i had quads cracked, i wanted to tell someone =)

I'm sure I'm asking for punishment, but when you hit quad anything on the turn, why wouldn't you want the villian to catch up?If the argument is you can bet the turn enough so the guy chases his flush and then pays you off on the river if he hits or you get more value by betting the turn because he'll miss/fold on the river, ok.But what is the harm in checking the turn and letting the guy get a free card to catch up when you have quads?And please don't say, "he could hit a straight flush" because that's silly.The OP played the hand ok (again save for the argument that he missed value by not betting the turn)Smash, if you bet the turn, how much do you bet? I would think you want to value bet 1/3 or 1/2 the pot right? Don't we want the villian to hit his flush or straight?We don't want to chase him away do we?<edit> I just re-read the hand and realized the flush hit on the turn...ok...I agree, bet the turn hard...yes the hand probably plays out the same way but betting the turn when you have the flush crushed is the right play as he's calling off his stack 100% of the time at these levels

First, if you thought I wanted advice, did you not read the little tag line "I DONT NEED ADVICE", or were you just tryin to jump in on the 'im a **** head' parade? I dont want sympathy. I just thought it was humorous. I don't cry over poker. I get angry over bad beats. Im sorry that you get so worked up over my posting this, though. Feel free to delete it. =)
Hey, Stupid.You posted a bad beat, in a strategy forum. Strategy forums are for giving advice and discussing hands. Now why do you think it is that you didn't get the response you wanted or expected?
Yeah, smash, cuz he had the nut flush but was going to fold. That's a really good reason not to bet when you're 43/1 to win. That the guy will definately call.good luck.
Yea, cuz i knew before hand what his cards were, so I knew he was going to call. I forgot to take off my tin foil hat when I played this hand.Hey, Stupid.You posted a bad beat, in a strategy forum. Strategy forums are for giving advice and discussing hands. Now why do you think it is that you didn't get the response you wanted or expected?Hi. Please show me where I said it was a bad beat. If you can't, please end yourself.Love,The person that did not, in fact, say it was a bad beat.

Yea, cuz i knew before hand what his cards were, so I knew he was going to call.You posted that betting didn't make any sense because he wasn't going to fold his nut flush.Do you ever worry that someday when you're head's spinning around like this so much as you deperately try to avoid having to ever have a sense of humor and say "ok, ok, I know" that it might just pop off completely thus ending your life and depriving us all of future enlightement along the lines of "OMFG!!!11oneone!!! I HAVE QUADDDDDS Y wood I BET!!!!oneone111"good luck

Hi. Please show me where I said it was a bad beat. If you can't, please end yourself.Love,The person that did not, in fact, say it was a bad beat.
Oh, so it's just a no content, set-turns-quads-goes-down-to-rivered-gutshot-straight-flush, post? ..are you kidding me?Get a helmet...and quit posting your bad beats in this forum.

wrong forum.I'd be more inclined to check behind if the flush was not there yet, if I had put him on a FD (seems plausable) Given the flush is already there on the turn, any other hand calling a river bet is calling now (or raisng hopefully)..and although you may get a fold from hands that aren't flushes that woould bluff the river, that amounts to little loss.but, wrong forum.Post General BabyWhining Posts in the General Poker Forum

While I most certainly bet the turn almost every time, I am not sure a check on the turn is absolutely terrible. Depending on Hero's table image, it looks as if Hero tries to take the flop down with AT (or even rags) and turtles up when the third heart hits. It may induce a bluff from Villain if Villain happens to not have a hand. Granted, in this instance Villain has a big hand by the turn and is going to get all his money in drawing quite slim, but the check on the turn is not always a terrible play, especially if Hero has been playing fast/been caught bluffing.

Wait, so why the fuck did you post it here?
He should try General with this I honestly don't know what kind of response he wantedMods move this shit to the Bad Beat Forum

Lol.I guess general would have been better. I didnt ask for advice nor was I whining. I dont ever post in general. I do all of my posting in this particular forum. Thats why I posted it here. Im sorry that the holy trinity of "Nothing better to do than whine like a 13 year old that just got on the rag" (Smash, Actuary, and DDiDM) didnt like it. Im sorry. Now that Ive been flamed by all 3 of you in a single thread, I truly realize i must be doing something right with my life. =)

checking the turn is not terribleIt's just not as good as bettingIt looks pretty transparent given the flop action.Heres OP's error in order of severity:1. Being an Ass2. Posting in the wrong forum3. Giving Villain Excellent Implied odds to hit the flush on the flop raise4. Checking the turn.

3. Giving Villain Excellent Implied odds to hit the flush on the flop raiseThen giving him INFINATE implied odds to hit a one outer.good luck
wow. INFINATE?!!?!? Is that somehow better than infinite?:club:(extra points for misspelling the bold/capped/colored word)