Good Espn Article By Phil Gordon

strategy and i were trying to assign a range to the fake ivey on this hand: "Ivey calls on the button and the action is on me. I pop it to $7,000 and hope to win the pot before the flop. Both the limpers fold, Ivey peeks at me above his $120,000 stack, and calls. We see the flop. 6-7-8, all hearts. I have $24,000 left in front of me and the pot contains about $18,000. Any bet I make will pot commit me. I sense impending disaster, and I check. Ivey puts me all-in. I think about it for three minutes and eventually decide to fold."

strategy and i were trying to assign a range to the fake ivey on this hand: "Ivey calls on the button and the action is on me. I pop it to $7,000 and hope to win the pot before the flop. Both the limpers fold, Ivey peeks at me above his $120,000 stack, and calls. We see the flop. 6-7-8, all hearts. I have $24,000 left in front of me and the pot contains about $18,000. Any bet I make will pot commit me. I sense impending disaster, and I check. Ivey puts me all-in. I think about it for three minutes and eventually decide to fold."
8-9 w/ a heart 9-7 w/ a heart nothing at all set naked ace of hearts A-9 2 of clubs ONLY, dealer forgot to give him 2 cards

We'd all do better in this event if we could go play a few holes at the club and get an hour massage (w/happy ending?) on our off days.

8-9 w/ a heart 9-7 w/ a heart nothing at all set naked ace of hearts A-9 2 of clubs ONLY, dealer forgot to give him 2 cards
no doubt about it, that is his hand

Cool article and I respect Phil, but he's got to be dreaming lol. If everyone's gameplan went as smoothly as his did for him, there'd still be 7K people in after 5 days. They'd have to instill a cut formula, like in golf. Under xK in chips on Day 3? You didn't make the cut, buh-bye.

We'd all do better in this event if we could go play a few holes at the club and get an hour massage (w/happy ending?) on our off days.
How do you think Raymer won the Main Event

nice read- I like how he discusses changing strategy as the tournament progresses. Interesting that he is so scard of Ivey- Ivey might want to take advanage of that if they are ever on the same table- nevermind, Ivey probably knows that Gordon is scared of him.

nice read- I like how he discusses changing strategy as the tournament progresses. Interesting that he is so scard of Ivey- Ivey might want to take advanage of that if they are ever on the same table- nevermind, Ivey probably knows that Gordon is scared of him.
Ivey puts the fear of God into God himself...let alone Phil Gordon...
Cool article and I respect Phil, but he's got to be dreaming lol. If everyone's gameplan went as smoothly as his did for him, there'd still be 7K people in after 5 days. They'd have to instill a cut formula, like in golf. Under xK in chips on Day 3? You didn't make the cut, buh-bye.
You mean, like the protege tournament?

I can see the look of disgust on Gordon's face when he draws day 3.