OK so it's the very first hand and you look down at AA......I'm Kidding, I'm KiddingOk seriously, for anyone who has won a seat in the ME, or is planning on playing in the ME. I have a question for you. What do you intend to do on the off days, during that first week? The schedule has you playing 2 days out of 7, for the first week, what will you be doing the other 5. Obviously if cashflow isn't a problem for you, you'll have plenty of options considering it is Vegas. But for those of you who sattelite in, and really couldn't afford to gamble in Vegas for 5 straight days what will you be doing?Playing 2-4 limit over at the Palms? Staying in the hotel room playing online poker and posting on FCP? Spending your days at the bunny ranch? Going to the Crazy Horse II every night? Railbirding at the Main Event? I ask this because when the schedule was released the first thing that popped into my head was "Holy crap that's a lot of downtime to have, I'd be broke at the Craps tables"

Spend the time trying to get as many free buffet comps as possible and/or pull an Esfandiari and try and hook up with "hotties".

Spend the time trying to get as many free buffet comps as possible and/or pull an Esfandiari and try and hook up with "hotties".
All my off days will be 1.4.

If I knew that I'd be in Vegas for a whole week 3 months from now I'd make sure I carried a bankroll to gamble.Maybe it's just me but I can't just hang out by the pool and lounge for 5 days while great side games are running.

Well as my problem follows the concerns of this thread I will pose another question:I know there are tons of satellites and ways to get into the ME but I am reluctant to play any because I do have a real job. When the ME was a week you could take a week off work to go to Vegas to play but now you have to take two weeks off! Its just not doable for most people that want to play and, ya know, retain their -ev real job.In retrospect, this isnta a question at all but just a rant.... sorry...

Well as my problem follows the concerns of this thread I will pose another question:I know there are tons of satellites and ways to get into the ME but I am reluctant to play any because I do have a real job. When the ME was a week you could take a week off work to go to Vegas to play but now you have to take two weeks off! Its just not doable for most people that want to play and, ya know, retain their -ev real job.In retrospect, this isnta a question at all but just a rant.... sorry...
Just a thought, but if you actually qualified for the Main Event and made it to the 2nd week, I would tend to let my boss know me could keep an eye on me on ESPN. Seriously, if after hypotheically making it to the 2nd week, you are still actually concerned about your job implications 3 months in the future, you will not even have a shot at making the Main Event.

All of the above, except the 2-4 LHE part. Yuck. :-)There are quite a few good daily tournaments throughout Vegas now (Bellagio, Caesar's, etc), so I'll probably be playing a few of those as well. Then again, by the time the ME rolls around, I'll probably be sick of playing poker for a month straight, so maybe it will just be CHII for me.

Just a thought, but if you actually qualified for the Main Event and made it to the 2nd week, I would tend to let my boss know me could keep an eye on me on ESPN. Seriously, if after hypotheically making it to the 2nd week, you are still actually concerned about your job implications 3 months in the future, you will not even have a shot at making the Main Event.
Um, not really you could get through week one, which is only two days of poker, then you are there for a week already and youre only at day 3. Now you have 7 days to go, to FT. A) Youre not getting on TV for days 4,5,6 B) I guess youre implying that if I get to day 3 I'll be able to quit my job? How many millions is the payout for 1342nd?