• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

****!!!!!!!!!!!!! StringeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! No! I did not see that coming.****!!!!!That son of a bitch Avon. The only reason I was ok with it was because Stringer turned on Avon too, but: ****!

GangsterNap.jpg
I'm assuming this picture represents 40% of the people involved in the Baltimore drug trade?

Season 3 over. Solid season. Maybe the best so far, but season 2 was really great with Frank and the Greeks.I hated that Stringer died. ****, that sucks. I honestly don't know how they're going to keep this show good for two more seasons without Stringer. Marlo is stupid, and I don't like his character at all. It's going to be a huge step down from Stringer. Oh well, I'm sure season 4 will be awesome.My favorite characters from season 3:Cutty (probably my favorite character of season 3. I really like him a lot. I suppose he might get back in the game, and if he does that will suck, but whatever. I liked him this season.)Stringer (He's a close 2nd to Cutty. I'm going to miss him.)Omar (big step up during this season. He still has a fairly minor role, but I loved his scene in the alley with Bowtie dude.)McNulty (I hate that he "loves" his wife, but sleeps with anyone that shows any interest. It makes it really hard for me to really like him. But he's such a nice and genuine guy, and I respect that.)DanielsAvon (He has charisma)Lester (they really reduced his screen time in season 3)My favorite characters overall:Stringer McNultyDanielsCutty (huge jump in my overall rankings.)OmarAvonFrankLester (he almost disappeared in season 3)Wallace (based almost entirely on his death scene)Characters I hated in season 3:HercThe black dude that's always with Herc.

Ps. I was pissed they changed the theme song from season 1 & 2 in season 3. I just watched the first episode of season 4, and they changed it again. I think I like the season 4 version.Also, Snoop is pretty awesome in the first episode of season 4. It doesn't surprise me at all that she is actually a murdering gangster.

The theme song actually changes every season. At first it's almost always a downer, but by the end of the season it ends up sounding like the correct version. Brvheart spoiler:

Re: gay Rawls, yeah I didn't wanna spoil that little scene by mentioning it. But I think that's literally the only time we get a peak at his personal life.

And yeah, is Stringer's death incredible or what? Also, Lester Feamon is again a major character after season 3, which is awesome because he's the best.Also also, (this is not a spoiler even if I'm wrong) the first episode of season 4 has Snoop buying the nail gun, right? "But this is $800!" "So what? You earnt that bump like a muhfucka."

Why on earth would you tell him that? That's a huge spoiler. The best part about that scene is that it's such a red herring. You spend the rest of the series waiting for something more to happen with that, but it never does. way to blow it for obviously gay agenda obsessed brv.

TAlso also, (this is not a spoiler even if I'm wrong) the first episode of season 4 has Snoop buying the nail gun, right? "But this is $800!" "So what? You earnt that bump like a muhfucka."
One of my favorite scenes of the series, and it has my favorite quote, when snoop comes back to the car and says "Man said if you want to shoot nails, this here the Cadillac. He meant Lexus, but he ain't know it. "

Why on earth would you tell him that? That's a huge spoiler. The best part about that scene is that it's such a red herring. You spend the rest of the series waiting for something more to happen with that, but it never does. way to blow it for obviously gay agenda obsessed brv.

Good point. I'll spoiler-tag it, and you should do the same with your quote of me, cuz it's unlikely brv has already read it! Although I'd still call it a minor spoiler, not a huge one, but either way you're right about tagging it. And yeah, I love the Lexus line too.
The theme song actually changes every season. At first it's almost always a downer, but by the end of the season it ends up sounding like the correct version. Brvheart spoiler:

Re: gay Rawls, yeah I didn't wanna spoil that little scene by mentioning it. But I think that's literally the only time we get a peak at his personal life.

And yeah, is Stringer's death incredible or what? Also, Lester Feamon is again a major character after season 3, which is awesome because he's the best.Also also, (this is not a spoiler even if I'm wrong) the first episode of season 4 has Snoop buying the nail gun, right? "But this is $800!" "So what? You earnt that bump like a muhfucka."

That was the exact line I was referencing when I said I liked her already. Sooooo awesome.
One of my favorite scenes of the series, and it has my favorite quote, when snoop comes back to the car and says "Man said if you want to shoot nails, this here the Cadillac. He meant Lexus, but he ain't know it. "
That whole scene was incredible. I'm glad that real-life Snoop didn't actually go to jail, but instead had a suspended sentence. That makes me happy.

Oh crap. This season could not be going better for me, story-wise. I LOVE the fact that they are going to start focusing on urban schools. My goodness. Thank you, The Wire, for successfully replacing Stringer.

I love Randy Wagstaff. He is definitely going to be on the end of season 4 list.ps. I hope he doesn't die, but hell, they already killed Frank, Stringer, D'Angelo and Wallace. I won't be surprised if everyone ends up dead.

S4 is pretty awesome. Almost through it already. Probably my fav version of the theme and the school/political focus is pretty great. Opening with that excellent Snoop scene is classic (I sometimes wish I had subtitles for her).Marlowe: In S3, he was on the rise. in S4, I think you'll begin to develop some respect for his game as he becomes a more prominent character.Chris Partlow: One of my fav chars in the series. Not sure if I mentioned it, but this actor also appeared in the more recent season of Nurse Jackie. Carcetti: Enjoying this character even more. Was happy he turned up as LittleFinger in the Game of Thrones series.All told, S4 is great. I won't rank my fav seasons, because it almost doesn't matter because of the focus change. I will say, however, that the "Fuck" scene is one of my all-time TV favotires

I really don't know how to rank the shows. I would put 5 clearly in the 5 hole. Season five is still better than the vast majority of the best seasons most shows have put out. I suppose I'd put season 1 in the 4 hole as while it was great, the show takes a long time building up and doesn't hit it's stride till the end of season 1 ( and keeps striding throughout the series).But ranking season 2, 3 and 4 is just impossible for me. I think they are great each in their own ways. I understand how people might not like season 2 as much, and it certainly comes as a shock the first time you watch the series what a curve ball that season is. But I think that kind of re-invention is what put the show over the top on a class by itself. If it had strictly stayed a police/urban drug dealer procedural drama, it would have been just an really good show instead of the great one that it is, attacking the issue of the Game in a more intelligent way than anything I've ever seen.

Brv not sure if it was made obvious here but did you have any trouble realising snoop was a girl at first? Loads of people, myself included had that problem.I'd go 4 3 1 2 52 is much better than it gets credit for, so many quality McNulty moments, plus "You got the briefcase, I got the shotgun"
Wow, I'm surprised that everyone is ranking season 2 lower than season 1. I thought season 2 was a lot better than season 1.I realized Snoop was a girl right away, but I think that's probably because I've known people like her before.
attacking the issue of the Game in a more intelligent way than anything I've ever seen.
It was a pretty lofty goal, and somehow, they pulled it off. (I'm only half-way through season 4, and it's already obvious that it's probably one of the most, if not clearly the most, intelligent show every created.

yeah I've never understood why people hate on season 2 so much. I mean it was different, but I really loved the characters and the story. I'd say it might even be my second favorite season. I mean, I can understand people not liking season 5 with all the subplots about alien abductions and what not, but not as much for season 2.

yeah I've never understood why people hate on season 2 so much. I mean it was different, but I really loved the characters and the story. I'd say it might even be my second favorite season. I mean, I can understand people not liking season 5 with all the subplots about alien abductions and what not, but not as much for season 2.
Hey! Screw you and your jokes.
I really don't know how to rank the shows. I would put 5 clearly in the 5 hole. Season five is still better than the vast majority of the best seasons most shows have put out. I suppose I'd put season 1 in the 4 hole as while it was great, the show takes a long time building up and doesn't hit it's stride till the end of season 1 ( and keeps striding throughout the series).But ranking season 2, 3 and 4 is just impossible for me. I think they are great each in their own ways. I understand how people might not like season 2 as much, and it certainly comes as a shock the first time you watch the series what a curve ball that season is. But I think that kind of re-invention is what put the show over the top on a class by itself. If it had strictly stayed a police/urban drug dealer procedural drama, it would have been just an really good show instead of the great one that it is, attacking the issue of the Game in a more intelligent way than anything I've ever seen.
I've been trying to organize my thoughts on the series (it's been a while since I've seen it), but my rankings would look an awful lot like this. I really, really liked season 2 because it showed how innocently and slowly good people can be dragged into this crap. It was a Greek tragedy in the classical sense: morally flawed but overall good people take a few steps that lead to their inevitable doom. I thought it was brilliant.And 5 just didn't work for me, it was such a letdown from the first 4. Still good, but not up to the previous standards.