Brother just got the whole series. Now I can watch seasons 4 and 5. Very excited to be able to finish the series.
oh man, so you haven't even seen when mcnulty and omar have gay sex or even the scene where bunk kills those three kids with a tire iron in the strip mall? maaan, you're in for a treat.
  • Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man, so you haven't even seen when mcnulty and omar have gay sex or even the scene where bunk kills those three kids with a tire iron in the strip mall? maaan, you're in for a treat.
I think it was four kids.

I'm in the final half of season 5, and it's been really good so far. But the McNulty storyline doesn't make sense. It seems like quite an extreme to go to just so you can get your way...like unrealistically extreme. I don't really know how else to describe it, other than it doesn't seem to fit.

I'm in the final half of season 5, and it's been really good so far. But the McNulty storyline doesn't make sense. It seems like quite an extreme to go to just so you can get your way...like unrealistically extreme. I don't really know how else to describe it, other than it doesn't seem to fit.
I think he was in the mindset that any traditional way of catching Marlo's crew would not work because of the budget problems completely shutting them down, and he was going to do anything to get them caught even if it was a crazy idea.I see what you are saying though, in real life it is hard to see someone try to pull something like that off.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

season 5 was for the most part a disappointment. season 1 was the best thing ever and 2-4 are worth watching.more importantly, i just want to reiterate my awesomeness due to the fact that the actress who plays kima lives just down the street from me, and seeing her, and sometimes even other main actors from the show visiting her, is a relatively common and unremarkable occurrence among people in this immediate area.

You shouldn't reiterate your awesomeness in the same post that you call seasons 2-4 "worth watching," unless you're sarcastically understating their greatness.

The Greek-like tragedy of Stringer Bell, Hamsterdam, and the whole saga of the kids were basically brilliant. Cutty, Frank Sobotka, Dookie, Michael, Namond and Bunny, Snoop, Chris, Marlo, Omar Omar Omar, Bunk, Kima, McNulty, just about everybody is amazing throughout seasons 2-5. Season 5 does get a bit wacky, but it still has incredible moments like Snoop's death and Omar's campaign of vengeance and Marlo's swagger (My name is my name!). Oh, and the redemption of Bubbles.

It is awesome that you live down the street from her though.

yeah, saying any season of the wire is "worth watching" is pretty much like saying the sistine chapel is kinda neat looking.

apparently the police chief in baltimore called out the wire. here is D Simon's response.http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime...alefelds_c.html
Read some of that and I was picturing that douchebag Polish cop (who later becomes Deputy) spewing irrelevant crap like that. Such an awesome response from Simon...
Read some of that and I was picturing that douchebag Polish cop (who later becomes Deputy) spewing irrelevant crap like that. Such an awesome response from Simon...
volcheck? prez's father in law? yeah, i can see that. i told my roommate about this after class. he watched the wire dvd's recently. he said, i dont get it, the cops in baltimore are awesome. i was like, dude, you might wanna rewatch that show, I THINK YOU MISSED A FEW THINGS.of course, he was reffering to mcnulty and bunk and kima and cool lester smooth. not the system itself. so i can give him that.
  • 2 weeks later...