• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right, we're doing Marlo quotes. I actually just watched that episode (my name is my name), I think it's one of the very best of the whole series.

That whole jail scene with Marlo, Bubbles finally talks about Sherrod, and then of course Michael and Snoop. 'You look good girl.' And then Michael saying goodbye to Bug and Dook. The other best episode being Stringer Bell's death.

Not from that episode, but a Marlo quote:"You want it to be one way...But it's the other way."

Oh right, we're doing Marlo quotes. I actually just watched that episode (my name is my name), I think it's one of the very best of the whole series.

That whole jail scene with Marlo, Bubbles finally talks about Sherrod, and then of course Michael and Snoop. 'You look good girl.' And then Michael saying goodbye to Bug and Dook. The other best episode being Stringer Bell's death.

Not from that episode, but a Marlo quote:"You want it to be one way...But it's the other way."

The 2nd episode you spoke of was one of my favorites too.

As far as scenes when Omar and Brother Mouzone where in the alley and also bodies demise is still so powerful.

So true.....one of my favs for sure.
  • 2 weeks later...

Bubs was a drug lord on The Whole Truth this week. I love Bubs!One more episode to go with season 2. I really really liked Season 1. Glad I finally started watching this. Lots of great characters and I like how you sometimes root for some of the "bad" characters. I think Omar is awesome.I am enjoying Season 2. I still think I like 1 better but I have no complaints about 2. Already have the first disc of season 3 ready to go!

Omar gets better. Wait until you're rooting for Bodie. Oh believe it, you will.I just finished up the last five eps of Season 5. Very good but I wanted it to go differently somehow. I won't say more for Steve's sake.Marlo was on Lie to Me this week.

Wait until you're rooting for Bodie. Oh believe it, you will.
NO SPOILERS HERE! Yeah I thought that was one of the really interesting turns of the series. By season 4 he's basically the same dude he was in season 1, but we've come to like him.
seriously? No spoilers? And that wasn't a spoiler anyway
Sorry, I wasn't clear at all. I meant that there would be no spoilers in my post, not that you were guilty of spoiling stuff.
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a David Simon interview that happened right after the end of the show with Alan Sepinwall. Its very long and in-depth if your a hardcore Wire fan and I haven't read it before so I don't think its been posted.http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2008/03/wire...id-simon-q.html

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished all the seasons. Thank you Netflix!My go to drink is now a Heineken with a shot of Jameson.One thought concerning the conclusion of season 5:

Was anyone hoping that McNulty and Freamon would be sent to jail? I thought it was horrible how easy they got off. I know not being cops anymore is pretty bad, but they really should have both got thrown in jail. If they were so intent on bringing Marlo to justice I think going down to the corner and shooting him in the head would not be as bad as faking the homeless murders case. They took homicide detectives off their cases to work on a fake case which is soooo ****ed up. With that being said, I love McNulty and Freamon lol.

Also, a Lt. Daniels question:

Did they ever bring up what the "dirt" was they had on Lt. Daniels? I might have missed it. Every once in awhile throughout the seasons Daniels would try to go extra AWOL and to shut him up it was brought up that he had dirt from his past. Does anyone know what the "dirt" was?

I'll read through the thread tomorrow to read everyone's comments.

One thought concerning the conclusion of season 5:

Was anyone hoping that McNulty and Freamon would be sent to jail? I thought it was horrible how easy they got off. I know not being cops anymore is pretty bad, but they really should have both got thrown in jail. If they were so intent on bringing Marlo to justice I think going down to the corner and shooting him in the head would not be as bad as faking the homeless murders case. They took homicide detectives off their cases to work on a fake case which is soooo ****ed up. With that being said, I love McNulty and Freamon lol.

Yeah, season 5 goes off the rail just a bit. I absolutely loved the newspaper storyline, but the serial-killer storyline was a little too unbelievable. Still, it worked as a great sort of allegory or medium through which Simon told his story, about the hypocrisy and false-face of "the system." They have to manufacture a serial killer who only kills 2 or 3 homeless people in order to get their department enough funding to go after the serial killers who killed 22 people not a year prior. But then the Mayor decides to make homelessness his hot-button issue and run for Governor on it. If he wants to be Governor he has to catch a serial killer, or at least appear to improve the plight of the homeless in Baltimore. McNulty and Freamon are very small fish, in the big picture.

Norman has a great line about the irony of it. also "The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk
Also, a Lt. Daniels question:

Did they ever bring up what the "dirt" was they had on Lt. Daniels? I might have missed it. Every once in awhile throughout the seasons Daniels would try to go extra AWOL and to shut him up it was brought up that he had dirt from his past. Does anyone know what the "dirt" was?

I'm pretty sure it's never made explicit, and in fact I think near the end of the series Burrell finally says something like, "Who can remember what happened so long ago anyway?" possibly implying that he may never have even had any hard dirt on Daniels, although he might instead be implying that he won't reveal what he has. He leaves it intentionally ambiguous. But Daniels obviously was dirty at some point. All they tell us is that it was when he was in narcotics, and "Nobody in narcotics is a virgin," or something like that.

Re: Daniels and what he did:

I seem to recall someone saying something about insider trading and that Daniels seemed to have more affluence than his salary could justify. Not sure, but this was way back in S2...

jimmymcnulty.jpg"What? What'd I do?"