• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the wire anyone? great show
I saw the first episode and was un-interested. It seemed like NYPD Blue with less censorship on cursing. Almost like they were throwing f bombs just because they could. Then I cancelled my HBO subscription for a year before I moved and my roomies and I got it back. I started watching the second season re-broadcast and got seriously hooked, I've regretted not watching the first season ever since. Not only was the cops vs. robbers storyline compelling, the internal politics of the police force lended some extremely interesting plot lines. Now I need to see all of them, anyone know if it's out on dvd?
  • 6 months later...

This is one of those shows I wish I hadn't started watching from the first season so I could watch them all on DVD. There are only two more episodes this season and that makes me sad.sidenote: What's up with McNulty's kids being teenagers already?

This is one of those shows I wish I hadn't started watching from the first season so I could watch them all on DVD. There are only two more episodes this season and that makes me sad.sidenote: What's up with McNulty's kids being teenagers already?
That's when you know a show is really really good. Luckily for me, I just finished season 2 on dvd so I have the whole of season 3 to get through and my dvr is recording the new season. There is rarely, if ever, a dull moment in the show!...especially when you watch 2 or 3 in a row...it flows brilliantly.Season 1 started in 2002 so it has been at least 4 years since they started filming...which I guess would make the kids teenagers by now.
  • 2 weeks later...

great season on the best show out there. guys and gals if you havent watched this show you should deffinatly give it a shot. if you can get your hands on some of the dvds it would be best because it uussually takes a few episodes to get into it. hopefully this show will get picked up for another season.

great season on the best show out there. guys and gals if you havent watched this show you should deffinatly give it a shot. if you can get your hands on some of the dvds it would be best because it uussually takes a few episodes to get into it. hopefully this show will get picked up for another season.
It already has been, and the fifth season will be the final season.
  • 10 months later...
I just finished season 3, actually, this show is amazing.
I just finished season 3 as well, and damn, this show IS AMAZING. Im a little upset at how Stringer and Avon fell, but it made sense. I just hated seeing them turn like that.
Season one is on VOD now, so I'll be getting around to watching it.
Theres a scene where they are trying to move a desk into an office, but the people on the outside think it going in, and the people on the inside think its going out. Pretty funny.

If you havent seen season 1 yet, dont read it.

Poor fukkin Wallace. His murder hit me harder than anything I've ever seen on a tv show. I swear, I had tears in my eyes during that scene.WHERE THE BOY STRING!? WHERES WALLACE?

• 2 weeks later...

Finished season 1 just in time for season two to hit VOD this week.At first, I didn't know what I was watching or at least who I was supposed to be following. There didn't seem to be a lead character that you were following, or at least one that you gave a crap about. About the 5th episode in, it kicked in and I started to get it. Then the Wire became an addiction, I needed to see what happened next. The acting was top notch all the way around, everyone was interesting, nothing was black and white, for every good deed a person does it was followed by something evil and vice versa... It was like watching a more intricately developed version of New Jack City on steroids. It's pretyt much jumped into my top 3 HBO shows list at this point.I hope season two continues the trend. I need to space watching it out over a month though before season 3 gets back on VOD.

Finished season 1 just in time for season two to hit VOD this week.At first, I didn't know what I was watching or at least who I was supposed to be following. There didn't seem to be a lead character that you were following, or at least one that you gave a crap about. About the 5th episode in, it kicked in and I started to get it. Then the Wire became an addiction, I needed to see what happened next. The acting was top notch all the way around, everyone was interesting, nothing was black and white, for every good deed a person does it was followed by something evil and vice versa... It was like watching a more intricately developed version of New Jack City on steroids. It's pretyt much jumped into my top 3 HBO shows list at this point.I hope season two continues the trend. I need to space watching it out over a month though before season 3 gets back on VOD.
It keeps getting better and better. I loved it so much I bought the DVDs. Well worth it, for me anyways.
It keeps getting better and better. I loved it so much I bought the DVDs. Well worth it, for me anyways.
If you are lying you are going to end up like Wallace son...Sidenote: homothugs are very creepy.