Best Sports Announcer, Right Now

It seems that the lines between announcers and commentators are well blurred here.In any event, the best announcers are:Marv Albert (hockey, basketball, NFL) [althought Marv doesn't do all of them anymore]Keith Jackson (College Football)I guess Joe Buck for Baseball (not a huge baseball fan)As for analysts in any sport, John Davidson is the best out there.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that no one has said Chris Berman. Intelligent, funny and clearly knows his stuff.
I agree with this statement. Except for the part about him being intelligent, funny, and knowing his stuff.
really should click the keep me logged in box and you won't have that problem :club:
I didn't even realize this was an option, thanks. I guess before I start cleaning Chris Berman's closet, I should clean my own. (In the words of the immortal Barry Bonds)

Don Cherry's a good jazz musican, I know that.The answer to this question is now, and will always be Harry Caray.man I miss him. You know who else I miss? The Costas/ Ukeur baseball combo they used to have for the playoffs, man those two were hysterical. When Costas isn't waxing philosphic about Mickey Mantle, I love him. I can't wait to see Kornhieser on MNF. At last!! It's abotu time they started trying something like this, instead of that denis miller gimmick. Korn may be really bad, but I think he'll pwn.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

All around bets IMO is Al Michaels. WHile on the topic of announcers, the Blackhawks did it again, letting Pat Foley go is more evidence that they are not in touch with their fans. He was the only good thing about the organ-I-zation.

I personally think its Kevin Harlan. His basketball line "right between the eyes" is pretty good. Kevin doinf Suns-Lakers game right now.I agree, Kevin Harlan is money. Years ago he did the Timberwolves games, and he would do the "J.R. Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy Rider" line on a lot of his dunks. I also remember his enthusiasm with a line like "AND THE T-WOLVES TAKE THE LEAD AT 4-2!" like 1 minute into the game, lol.I watch a lot of boxing, and Jim Lampley gets my vote -- especially during the Ward-Gatti trilogy he had some great lines, he can really add to the drama
For anyone that picked Joe Buck for anything should be shot just because of this clip.Joe Buck
"that was just disgusting by randy moss" I actually thought it was funny

Sam and JD know there sport better then anyone. They are the best.Kieth Hernendez is also pretty good.Joe morgan is great because he hates the Yankees.Stan Fischler is by far the worst announcer ever his monotone voice puts me to sleep.

Best sports announcer are the Univision Soccer Announcers...even if you dont understand Spanish, they are so fun to listen to. I understand 40-50% of spanish and listen to their broadcast over the shizzy broadcast of ESPN...on top of that, the picture is so much better on univision. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

• 1 month later...
so in Bill Simmons' latest column he talks about which sports announcers he'd send to eastern europe, but only gives initials...JB, TM, JM, CB, AM, and BWmy guesses are Joe Buck, ________, Joe Morgan, Chris Berman, Al Michaels and __________.anyone help me fill in the blanks?
Tim McCarver and Bill WaltonAnd JM could be John Madden

basketball: kevin harlan definitely but i love bill walton "THROW IT DOWN EDUARDO NAJERA!"college bball: im with you on dicky Vbaseball: i really like jon millerfootball: madden and al michaels although i think tony kornheiser will be pretty sweet (woot binghamton u. alum)