Best Sports Announcer, Right Now

I personally think its Kevin Harlan. His basketball line "right between the eyes" is pretty good. Kevin doinf Suns-Lakers game right now.BTW - Anybody near san diego? The announcer for the Padres sounds like the guy who does the National Heads-up tournament on NBC. Can anyone confirm this?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

espn hockey announcers are my first choice but since they arent around anymore i think joe buck is the best
ESPN hockey announcers? Are you kidding me? Why not say Icelandic cricket anouncers? I think ESPN longs for the days of the glowing puck so they can keep up with the play. Watch some Canadian broadcasts, you'll quickly learn that ESPN hockey announcers are comedians and not in the good way.

I know most people will disagree, but I love listening to **** Vitale when college basketball season comes around. I love his pure entusiasm for the game and I don't know if there is anything better than him during a UNC/Duke game.On the flip side, the worst is by far Bill Walton, someone put a bullet in that wounded horse please.*edited*

I know most people will disagree, but I love listening to **** Vitale when college basketball season comes around. I love his pure entusiasm for the game and I don't know if there is anything better than him during a UNC/Duke game.On the flip side, the worst is by far Bill Walton, someone put a bullet in that wounded horse please.
I don't suppose it ever crossed a mods mind that D I C K is also a name, not just a reference to your genitals. I suppose I could call him Dicky, but thats just a bit silly isn't it?
ESPN hockey announcers? Are you kidding me? Why not say Icelandic cricket anouncers? I think ESPN longs for the days of the glowing puck so they can keep up with the play. Watch some Canadian broadcasts, you'll quickly learn that ESPN hockey announcers are comedians and not in the good way.
i have watched many tsn and cbc broadcasts and also those on rogers sports net. they are also very good (cbc obv being the best in my opinion) but i still prefer thorne, levy, melrose and clement (sometimes pang too)

Basketball - Gus Johnson (Bill Raftery pwns all color commentators)Football - Keith JacksonBaseball - Joe Buck has the best voice, but tries unsuccessfully to be funny. That gets annoyingHockey - Mike Emrick (fuck you canadians dont jump on me I dont watch that much hockey or get your beloved tsn)

Basketball - I love Bill WaltonFootball - I use to love the old ESPN Sunday night crew. (I forget all of their names)Baseball - Joe Morgan...hands downHockey - I love that guy from CBC who does the show in between periods. He is funny as hell.

Basketball - I love Bill WaltonFootball - I use to love the old ESPN Sunday night crew. (I forget all of their names)Baseball - Joe Morgan...hands downHockey - I love that guy from CBC who does the show in between periods. He is funny as hell.
Bill Walton gets on my nevers... especally when he calls a lakers game and his son is on the court.*Odam misses a shot*"Luke Walton would have made that shot!"*Kobe passes to someone other then Luke Walton*"Why Kobe didn't pass to Luke, I don't know beacuse Luke would have taken it into the lane and ran over Steve Nash! Luke Walton for MVP in 07!!"Thats what it sounds like!I know that Hubie Brown is about to die but I think that he offers the best insight into games.In the NHL, i can't really say anymore beacuse I don't watch anymore. But the guy who does the Tampa Bay Lightening radio casts is damn good.Baseball... I have to say Joe Morgan is the best.
Bill Walton gets on my nevers... especally when he calls a lakers game and his son is on the court.*Odam misses a shot*"Luke Walton would have made that shot!"*Kobe passes to someone other then Luke Walton*"Why Kobe didn't pass to Luke, I don't know beacuse Luke would have taken it into the lane and ran over Steve Nash! Luke Walton for MVP in 07!!"Thats what it sounds like!
Thats not even the worst of it, he makes these stupid comments like "so and so is the best rebounder on the team" and then turns around and says the same thing about someone else. He contadicts himself every couple minutes. It's funny when the other annoucers get on his case about it, but after you listen to a whole game with him I want to rip my ears off.
Thats not even the worst of it, he makes these stupid comments like "so and so is the best rebounder on the team" and then turns around and says the same thing about someone else. He contadicts himself every couple minutes. It's funny when the other annoucers get on his case about it, but after you listen to a whole game with him I want to rip my ears off.
Have you ever heard him on Mike and Mike in the Morning?Its 10x as bad. Sometimes I just think they let him go on for like 10 min and then just hang up on him.
Have you ever heard him on Mike and Mike in the Morning?Its 10x as bad. Sometimes I just think they let him go on for like 10 min and then just hang up on him.
Yes, then they replay it 10 times, i just shut it off. He is a poster child for birth control and incest prevention.
Yes, then they replay it 10 times, i just shut it off. He is a poster child for birth control and incest prevention.
LOL nice one

I'm surprised by all the Joe Morgan votes. He lets his bias get in the way of objectivity too much, especially when it comes to Barry Bonds. I'll take Steve Stone.

I'm surprised by all the Joe Morgan votes. He lets his bias get in the way of objectivity too much, especially when it comes to Barry Bonds. I'll take Steve Stone.
Stoney and Harry...god I miss those days
I'm surprised by all the Joe Morgan votes. He lets his bias get in the way of objectivity too much, especially when it comes to Barry Bonds.
Meh, I still like him. To be truthful, I'm a big fan of most of the guys they have handling ESPN baseball.
Baseball...Joe Morgan.
Good lord, no.
Baseball - Joe Morgan...hands down
Holy hell.Joe Morgan is an idiot. He thinks he knows all there is to know about baseball and he won't listen to anybody else's views. He still thinks Billy Beane wrote Moneyball.

I think Gary Thorne has the best voice in broadcasting. Perfect tenor and emotional content. He's my pick for overall.Another terrific voice is Joel Meyers, who does the Sunday night football radio broadcast.

Meh, I still like him. To be truthful, I'm a big fan of most of the guys they have handling ESPN baseball.
until ESPN realizes there's baseball played outside of New York and Boston then I won't put a single bit of stock in what they have to say anymoreThe last I checked the universally accepted #1 baseball city resides in the midwest.
until ESPN realizes there's baseball played outside of New York and Boston then I won't put a single bit of stock in what they have to say anymoreThe last I checked the universally accepted #1 baseball city resides in the midwest.
While I still maintain that I generally like the ESPN crew, I definitely agree with what you have said above.
Don't forget that he's a ****ing idiot. You'd think he never played the game based on all the dumb **** that cascades out of his gaping maw of ignorance.