Some People Are So Retarded, I Don't Understand

It's 2:15 in the morning here, right. I live in an apartment complex that was pretty nice when I moved in a year ago... in that 12 months, it's gone from pretty nice to complete ghetto. So I'm laying in bed, trying to get a few hours of sleep before my final at 7:30am... and then it starts. Ting! Ting! Ting! The unmistakable sound of metal on metal. It sounds like someone is outside laying railroad ties, for Christ's sake. I lay still for awhile, just listening to it... every once in awhile, I hear a scream of triumph or a loud giggle. After 30 minutes or so of my dog barking at every noise, I break down and throw on some clothes and head outside.Half-expecting to see either (..a..) John Henry, Steel Driving Man or (..B..) Silver Surfer banging some broad, I encounter the following scene...2 Mexican guys throwing small metal rings 20 feet onto a metal platform, one at a time. It's like some completely retarded version of horseshoes, without a peg. I can't for the life of me figure out the entertainment value behind this. So in my groggy, frustrated, angry state, I approach them. "You know it's 2am, right? Some people might have to do something in the morning. I'm 5 apartments down, and this **** is obnoxiously loud." Guy 1 turns around, looking COMPLETELY shocked that their little game, which created slightly more noise than the ****ing Stanford marching band moving through my parking lot would, could possibly bother anybody. Guy 2 picks up his Tecate, mumbling "...****ing..." something, and I head back inside to waste more sleep/study time by posting my story on a poker forum.Anybody ever see this game before? It's like lawn darts raped a bocce ball set, or something.

Sounds like your local version of "It's cinco de mayo, I'm drunk, and I'm gonna piss you off by making noise all night long. The INS won't bother us tonite because it would be politically incorrect to check green cards on a Mexican holiday that only happens in the US. So F you and your final, we're going to make noise all night long!"Yep, the 43rd 1980's Honda booming some Mexican music just rolled down my street tonite, so I felt the need to vent too.

Was it washers? It's like horseshoes, except there's a box with a PVC cup in the center. Just a thought.*L*T*

Was it washers? It's like horseshoes, except there's a box with a PVC cup in the center. Just a thought.*L*T*
As the self-proclaimed King of Drunken Horseshoe inspired games, I'm inclined to agree that this game is almost surely washers.It is very fun, much like the Beanbag game, horseshoes, bocceball, and all versions of shuffleboard (including the indoor version found at many bars, 20 feet from the pool tables).Also, it's a LITTLE more understanding that these guys were kinda loud on Cinco de Mayo, because it was on a Friday this year, and Saturday morning finals are usually rare.Wang
depends on the type of washers you play...they way I learned growing up was throwing the washers onto a plywood box with a hole in the middle...no PVC pipe for a cup.
depends on the type of washers you play...they way I learned growing up was throwing the washers onto a plywood box with a hole in the middle...no PVC pipe for a cup.
wait...you're from southern illinois and have never thrown washers into a dug hole in the ground?wow...that's kind of sad...truly....
wait...you're from southern illinois and have never thrown washers into a dug hole in the ground?wow...that's kind of sad...truly....
done that too dude :)the plywood box was for the more sophisticated people :club:
As the self-proclaimed King of Drunken Horseshoe inspired games, I'm inclined to agree that this game is almost surely washers.It is very fun, much like the Beanbag game, horseshoes, bocceball, and all versions of shuffleboard (including the indoor version found at many bars, 20 feet from the pool tables).
It's called cornhole. Don't disrespect the cornhole.
Half-expecting to see either (..a..) John Henry, Steel Driving Man or (..B..) Silver Surfer banging some broad, I encounter the following scene...
:club::D:D:D:) NH sir
Were their cousins up at 5:00 a.m. the next morning mowing their lawns and using leaf blowers three feet from your window?
as a matter of fact, yes... but then the rest of their family made it up to me by making my lunch, changing my oil, delivering my dinner, and ringing up my groceries.