Neteller And 24hr Poker Users Beware

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felix: Thank you for waiting. I have just spoken to my supervisor and he suggested that we can lower your instaCASH limit to a permanent change but unfortunately to turn off your instaCASH privileges completely, that may be a permanent change to your account.Felix: If you want us to turn off you instaCASH permissions permanently, we can do that for you now.Felix: No that will not be affected, I will ask my supervisor to turn off your instaCASH permissions permanently then.
It's weird that Felix said it had to be permanent. I just had my InstaCash abilities turned off, and the dude said that if I wanted to have those privileges back later on, I just had to ask.
I've read or skimmed over this topic and I have a few suggestions to keep this from happening to anyone else here...1. Do NOT play at 24hr poker. Don't even go to the website. If this isn't happening at any other poker site, there's a good chance that there's something wrong with their program.2. As others have said, don't access Neteller anywhere but your home computer.3. Send Neteller an email about this security hole. I will be doing so later today and will include a link to this thread in my email. The more attention this gets, the quicker it will be fixed.4. If this DOES happen to you, post it in this thread immediately.I've moved this back to Gen Pop so that it gets the most exposure. I will be looking over 2+2 for the next couple of days and see if anyone reports the same experiences.
Hey Custom.....just to be clear....none of us have/had an account at 24h poker

Whoever hacked into the accounts probably hacked e-mails that had the same password as those the hackees used to sign up for a poker related account that the hacker had access to.Possibly someone who had made a few poker forums...Someone who was desperate...Just a thought.

Whoever hacked into the accounts probably hacked e-mails that had the same password as those the hackees used to sign up for a poker related account that the hacker had access to.Possibly someone who had made a few poker forums...Someone who was desperate...Just a thought.
*cough* redpill *cough*did any of you guys that got hit join his forum?

well, i signed up with neteller only a couple of weeks ago. im currently in the midst of registering my chequing account.then this thread started and i almost shat my pants.but i am still going to register my bank account with neteller. i really don't think that this is a problem on their end at all. i think the root of all of these ripoffs has been email addresses being hacked or malicous spyware and what not.i've changed my email password to something more secure. i've also changed the answer to my security question to something that is not obvious. i've also cleaned out all account password and account number emails from my inbox so that if it is hacked there is confiedential information available.i've run a couple spyware and virus checks on my computer and everything seems to be normal. my home computer also happens to be my work laptop so im lucky that it is fairly well protected.another thing a computer savy friend had mentioned was that working behind a wireless hub is a good way at preventing anyone from pinging your computer. ( i assume this is the same effect as a firewall).anyways, i wouldn't be too hard on neteller until we know for sure that this is on their end. if they do catch the **** ups that are doing this i hope they hang them from their balls.tg

I like to use FirePay for instant cash deposits into poker accounts because they are cheaper and just as fast. I use Neteller to cash out of my poker accounts because its faster than FirePay for withdrawals. So, I guess that I can safely turn off InstaCash on my Neteller account and not be inconvenienced at all. Maybe this would help some of you guys?

Giant sigh of relief...........all is almost well in my world again.Neteller is really stepping up and will be reinbursing me for the lost funds.To anyone facing the same issue, or just wants to know the whole gory story...... Eugene in the fraud investigation dept has been my contact person at Neteller. He was the one who froze my account on Friday so that no other money could be taken. He put a watch on the $700 from fulltilt and $221 from Paradise that I was expecting to arrive in my neteller acct after I made withdrawals on Thursday night. He made sure both of those amounts were sent to my bank .Tonight when he called, Eugene told me although they do not feel that there was a breach on their end(admit no liability), they want to "make the situation right" with me. He told me to contact my bank and initiate a fraud complaint with them. This will get the $816.65 back to my bank acct. I actually went to my bank this morning and started that process. I am waiting for them to mail me an affadavit. Eugene said Neteller will reinburse me for the additional $400 that was already in my neteller acct that was taken. Eugene has said I need to offer proof of a professional computer screen/cleaning if I want to open another neteller account. I have no problem with that

Yes Neteller is being a great help. They are working with my bank and are hopefully going to have the charge reversed. They are aware of the situation and are working around the clock on the problem. They said they have a contact at 24 hr poker and they are working towards a resolution. A class act to say the least....

I just got back from the bank to figure out how I overwithdrew on my account which I only use for poker. I havent been on there since before christmas. Same amount as you guys, 816.75 i think. It went to 24hr poker. Neteller just closed my account and they are contacting 24hr poker to recoup the funds. They also told me to get my computer checked by a professional. Im sorry i dont have time to read all 6 pages, but are you guys that are having the same issue getting your money back? Im not really sure what to do, are you guys getting this resolved fairly easy?

An EFT deposit sends money from Neteller to my bank account....an EFT withdrawls takes money from my bank account and sends it to Neteller for use at other sites....It's ok that you don't understand....Good Luck.What about Trend Micro PC-cillin?That is what my computer has. Is it any good?
Pros: It has a decent interface and gives constant updates . . . too many in fact! See "con" section.Cons: We build web sites for others and we're pretty computer savvy. We used this product for years and loved its effectiveness and simplicity and highly recommended it to our clients. However, it has started to get pricy like so many other products. We also think it is trying too hard to keep pace with Norton's as far as covering a full suite of protection devices and consequently has become too bloated just like Nortons and not doing any of them very well as a result.PC-cillin's anti-spam feature is little more than a joke (and I'm being charitable at that). The firewall is adequate but we've found that even Microsoft's firewall is stronger (there are programs you can run to test this). Zone Alarm is also a better firewall but sadly that once excellent program is also becoming buggy as heck.Our biggest problem with PC-cillin were the constant updates and prompts to restart the computer in order to have them take effect. We would literally sometimes get nearly a dozen updates a day on our computers with prompts to restart. We attempted to configure the program "NOT" to launch all the chronic pop-ups for restart prompts, but all those efforts were to no avail. Technical support is outsourced to India/Pakistan and good luck trying to get help or even somebody who can understand English.Finally, an increasing number of virus gremlins were being overlooked by the scans. We found their free "HouseCall" on-line scans to be more effective than the scans performed by the paid program!Not good Trend-Micro. Why you are attempting to emulate Norton's is beyond me. The available system resources while running PC-cillin have decreased tremendously and exponentially increased compatibility issues as a result. We're currently running the most excellent "AntiVir" virus program and it is smooth as silk, picks up far more gremlins than PC-cillin does and the price is right. We think Trend Micro can turn this around though, but we fear they are chasing Norton's and that is indeed a blunder!*********************Like a number of folks here ''One Care'' and ''Spyware Doctor'' are doing the trick for me. They both operate very smoothly and have great interfaces. I also have Spybot and Adaware as well, but I'm finding they really don't clean up very much like they used to in the past. I also run ''Registry Mechanic'' (same maker as SpyDoctor) to clean up registry issues from time to time.Just a note on Zone Alarm . . . I used this for many years and it definitely is a great free program. I have nothing bad to say about it. I'm simply finding that Microsoft's new two-way Firewall is doing just as good a job now (finally) and I'm a firm believer in allowing the maker of my operating system to integrate clean-up utilities with their own programs.After all . . . nobody will know their code and related issues better than them. What really did it for me is they offer FREE telephone support directly to Microsoft for any issues that do arize with your system! Third-Party program support is often woefully behind in that regard.

I have the same problem, $816.75 gone from my bank account, the bank won't recognize it as a fraud claim because I have done business with NETeller in the past. However, NETeller is looking into it at 24hpoker. It's encouraging to hear that people got their money back. Has anyone already received the money back, about how long did it take??update: all the money is back in my account. NETeller was very helpful.

If you're scanning your computer for spyware, don't use AdAware, I used to use it and it missed A LOT which I recently found out when I downloaded spyware doctor. Adaware was saying my computer was clean but spyware doctor found like 200+ items in my registry....If I were having these problems I would use several spyware removal programs because they catch different things....
Right on! No Spyware remover is 100%. Always run 2. I use Adaware and Spybot. I'll run Adaware and it usually picks up 10-20. Then Spybot will pick up 1-3 more. All depends on the programmers input and updates. Your anti-virus is not 100% unless it is kept updated.This stuff is spreading like wildfire across the forums which is good news. The only way to fix a problem is to identify it first. 24 Hr and Neteller are on it and most likely the guy will be tracked.With whom I talked with, this is the work of one hacker. He could of been compiling info for awhile from successful hacks. So maybe he got your info a month or two ago. Most computers are safe, so he had to work to find victims. Then he used 24Hr to make his move in 1-2 days. He probably knew their support is slack, most aren't members there and he would have the money before they caught on.One, I think it's over with and players don't need to panic. This could happen at any poker room or 3rd party banking...FirePay, Credit cards, etc. The solution lies in your own PC security.The hacker knows they are on to him and he has no choice but to lay low or be caught. Neteller should get him through the cash out.The numbers on daily hacks and fraud commited online are way up there. Poker rooms and the banks encrypt the info. It wasn't stolen there. It don't matter how secure a place is. If someone can get inside your computer with a simple Trojan that sends the info back to them, your screwed. No need to panic on Neteller. A few thousand is minor to the billions they safely handle each year.

I found out about the post from the BW forum and I think I know how where what's the problem.I think the problem is from the forum software Invision Power Board and using the same passwordHere's the link on IPB's server regarding the security holehttp://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=213374Quote:* A bug in Internet Explorer 5.0+ which allows a JPEG image to be uploaded with a GIF header containing malicious HTML / javascript code. (IPB 2.1.x only)* Potential SQL injection* Potential arbitrary PHP code executionAnother forum that runs IPB that I'm a member of sent out a message that they were hacked and passwords were stolen. They said that "A malicious php-file managed to find it's way into the uploads-folder via an avatar upload."Good reminder to use different passwords on sites.

I found out about the post from the BW forum and I think I know how where what's the problem.I think the problem is from the forum software Invision Power Board and using the same passwordHere's the link on IPB's server regarding the security holehttp://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=213374Quote:* A bug in Internet Explorer 5.0+ which allows a JPEG image to be uploaded with a GIF header containing malicious HTML / javascript code. (IPB 2.1.x only)* Potential SQL injection* Potential arbitrary PHP code executionAnother forum that runs IPB that I'm a member of sent out a message that they were hacked and passwords were stolen. They said that "A malicious php-file managed to find it's way into the uploads-folder via an avatar upload."Good reminder to use different passwords on sites.
so this could be a problem rooting from this site's forum's database?
This is why I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and never use IE.
This is why I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and never use IE.
and why i keep Browser Hijacker Retaliator up at all times. Keeps IE from getting overtaken and junk.firefox is the shiznit
so this could be a problem rooting from this site's forum's database?
There's no indication that our database has been violated and even if it was the information for a hacker to get into a Neteller account just isn't available to them.Even if somebody has your password they still need your Neteller number and secure ID.Having different passwords for everything is important as the previous posted mentioned though.
There's no indication that our database has been violated and even if it was the information for a hacker to get into a Neteller account just isn't available to them.Even if somebody has your password they still need your Neteller number and secure ID.Having different passwords for everything is important as the previous posted mentioned though.
Also, forum software uses md5 encryption. It is virtualy impossible to reverse unless brute force is used.